The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-23-2020, 12:28 AM
Imperial Majesty

There are plenty of well educated royal women and aristocratic women. Not all fashion and art degrees. Especially among the aristocracy. Among the royal women they seem to be a bit behind some of the non European monarchies where you see some major educational heavy hitters.

Those that come to mind from the European royals and adjacent ones (won’t go into the just nobility)

Alexandra of Luxembourg has a masters in crisis resolution.

Ella Windsor has a masters in anthropology.

Infants Cristina has a masters in international relations

Yeah a lot of the aristocratic men may have the more serious sounding business degrees but then they are off running vineyards or driving race cars and such as well. I don’t see getting a business degree to run a vineyard any more serious then a degree in art to work in a gallery. Flashy career in their social set. Many of the business sons are also those who inherit the large estates from daddy and study business so not to run it into the ground.

Just because they plan a career in what some think is frivolous doesn’t mean they are shallow and won’t give back. That’s their career not their life. Eugene works at a gallery but look at the work she does for charities and anti slavery.

Too soon to know what Alexandra will do in the future.

Old 04-23-2020, 07:57 AM
Courtier

https://www.hola.com/realeza/casa_mo...ra-entrevista/

hola magazine resumes Alexandra's interview

Old 04-23-2020, 09:28 AM
Majesty

I tend to agree about Charlotte. I don't think she is so much cold and aloof as she is shy, and uncomfortable being gawked at and photographed by paparazzi.

I really cannot blame her.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 04-23-2020, 09:41 AM
Majesty

I wonder why HRH will look as Models ??
Old 04-23-2020, 10:18 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
I tend to agree about Charlotte. I don't think she is so much cold and aloof as she is shy, and uncomfortable being gawked at and photographed by paparazzi.

I really cannot blame her.
Why then does Charlotte turn up at fashion shows and very public events not directly connected with her being the niece of the Prince of Monaco if she is "shy" and "uncomfortable" being gawked at and photographed by paparazzi? I'm not claiming she doesn't have the right to do so if she wants to...but she can live a virtually completely private life if she wishes to also.
Old 04-23-2020, 11:15 AM
Majesty

She also does fashion shoots and fronts for luxury brands.
Old 04-23-2020, 11:48 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roderick View Post
Why then does Charlotte turn up at fashion shows and very public events not directly connected with her being the niece of the Prince of Monaco if she is "shy" and "uncomfortable" being gawked at and photographed by paparazzi? I'm not claiming she doesn't have the right to do so if she wants to...but she can live a virtually completely private life if she wishes to also.

Good question Roderick. My guess is that even though she benefits from trust fund income set up by her father and grandfather, she maintains a lifestyle that requires a LOT of money. I assume that she still has her horses even if she no longer competes. Agreeing to be sponsored by/represent high end fashion houses such as Gucci and St Laurent brings in the income to help her live lavishly in Paris, in Monaco and in the French countryside where she owns homes and also to found her own production company (Swoon Productions)

She enjoys living the lifestyle, but not what she must do to maintain it I guess.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 04-23-2020, 03:00 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roderick View Post
I was always the under the impression that she has to. Wasn't gucci and mont blanc transactional with her horses? Aren't some of these designers and events by people who are her friends? You have to take a picture to advertise in a sense.

You seem very hostile and aggressive towards charlotte. Damn just because someone doesn't smile all the time, they're a cold bitch. I've watched her in some interviews and photos and I just think she's uncomfortable and unsure. Being under the shadow of her mother and grandmother probably weighs on her. The expectation she had to look as glam etc etc.
Old 04-23-2020, 03:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

Telling someone they're being hostile and aggressive because they don't share your opinion is a bit rich. And nobody, apart from you, has described her as a cold bitch. I think you're reading a bit too much into it.

I also don't think Charlotte is shy or in the least bit concerned by the reputation of her mother and grandmother. She is less outgoing than her mother. I think she is reserved about her private life and makes a distinction about what she does to earn money and what she is prepared to share with the world.

I do think she is most comfortable with people from a similar background and when she is seen with her close circle she appears more relaxed.
Old 04-23-2020, 04:21 PM
Aristocracy

I think Alexandra has Caroline's lips and dazzling smile.
Old 04-26-2020, 07:54 AM
Majesty

Alexandra is quite different from her Grimaldi siblings, just as her brothers are from their step siblings. She seems to be caught between two entirely different yet socially equal world's.

I hope she takes a leaf from her Hanoveverian brothers and lives a little more sedate life that gives her an opportunity to become an accomplished and confident woman.
Old 04-26-2020, 04:51 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by stunking View Post
I think Alexandra has Caroline's lips and dazzling smile.
Yes, she does. Her radiant smile has always been one of the most attractive things about her. It's infectious.
Old 04-27-2020, 10:39 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Alexandra is quite different from her Grimaldi siblings, just as her brothers are from their step siblings. She seems to be caught between two entirely different yet socially equal world's.

I hope she takes a leaf from her Hanoveverian brothers and lives a little more sedate life that gives her an opportunity to become an accomplished and confident woman.

Do you mean in a good or bad way? I only really like Grace, Charlotte and to an extent Andrea. Maybe it's media bias and we don't really know them.
Old 04-27-2020, 11:54 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniston_Crazy View Post
Do you mean in a good or bad way? I only really like Grace, Charlotte and to an extent Andrea. Maybe it's media bias and we don't really know them.
Of course we do not know them at all. Just media snippets and pictures on social media tell nothing about a person. How can you like Andrea, or dislike Pierre, or like Alexandra, or dislike Caroline, or like Grace. All we know is filtered and framed through and by media. And Andrea or Pierre are not even royals or nobles or filmstars or musicians or sport stars, all we know is that they are sons of Princess Caroline. Essentially private persons.
Old 04-27-2020, 12:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
Of course we do not know them at all. Just media snippets and pictures on social media tell nothing about a person. How can you like Andrea, or dislike Pierre, or like Alexandra, or dislike Caroline, or like Grace. All we know is filtered and framed through and by media. And Andrea or Pierre are not even royals or nobles or filmstars or musicians or sport stars, all we know is that they are sons of Princess Caroline. Essentially private persons.
They aren't noble but as prominent members of the Monegasque princely family, I wouldn't say they are 'essentially private persons'. As they weren't treated as such by their uncle. Until a few years ago Andrea was also the heir presumptive of his generation.
Old 04-28-2020, 05:18 PM
Commoner

I don't mean things in a bad way at all. Sorry if it comes across like that. I'm a total newbie into the princely family so have so many questions and general wonderings. Came as a Grace fan and general interest in the rest of the family. I agree maybe there's been loads of bias thats stuck in my head from years. I've seen bad comments of tumblr, insta, even here sometimes. And maybe it's stayed in my head. I've heard about Andrea being a druggie but then someone says he's shy and the nicest. People say horrible things about pierre being a total privileged bad boy. I'd heard charlotte was a miserable spoilt but I watched/read her interviews and I really like her. Again I don't know much about alexandra but on the surface she's seems like a well rounded young woman so when I saw that comment above, the media bias came back. Are the casiraghis that bad?

Thats the minus side of being so private (which I think they are right about) people can write anything and project anything and you dont know who they are.

Thats why sometimes I'll ask questions such as do they talk about grace etc etc. I'm a newbie and just getting to know you guys and therefore monaco princely family.
Old 07-20-2020, 10:56 AM
Courtier

I think today it's Alexandra's birthday.
Old 07-20-2020, 11:07 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by capri View Post
Yes, it is! She turned 21 today. You can find a list of the family members' birthdays here.
Old 07-20-2020, 11:28 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
Yes, it is! She turned 21 today. You can find a list of the family members' birthdays here.
THANKS
Old 07-20-2020, 12:11 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by capri View Post
Indeed!!! Already 21... And thinking that she was only born yesterday... Times does fly... I am drepessed!!!