Monaco Dance Forum 2006, 2009, 2011, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Beatrice said:
i think that it was the best pic of them since a very long time:)

I totally agree. Wonderful photo of all three of them!

I have always admired Princess Caroline, but honestly, I am not sure she would be considered one the most elegant women in the world anymore. Certainly, she can't wear some of the pastel colors she wore in her teens , twenties and thirties, such as the blue gown she wore at one of the balls, with Stephano, when she was pregnant with one her children, in 1988, (in my opinion the most ravishing gown ever), but she could still wear the dark blue of the formal pictures of her and her family, where she is wearing her tiara, facing the sea, or a sober dark blue evening gown, cut to fit her beautiful slim form,or the pinkish one at the 54th Red Cross Ball, or the gorgeous Jean-Paul Gaultier dress at the 2000 Rose Ball. She looks fabulous in red (1989, Flower competition or in 1997, in a red suit for the 700th anniversary of the principality, and also in cream-yellow, in 2000, for the Flower festival, or in a silver gown 2 years ago, and a pinkish one a year later. For me, black is not a synonym of elegance or does not ensure elegance (Queen Rania is the most elegant royal in my eyes, and she wears the most intriguing colors), and I don't think Caroline is that conservative or classic to begin with. Her Egyptian gold necklace at one of the Balls where Woody Allen was the guest of honor, all the small touches of fantasy, mainly in jewelry that she wore in her youth, the unexpected white or pink ruffles and ribbon she wore at The Princes of Asturias' wedding, all show a mixture of conservatism and daring. I think it's a good thing to change one's style of dress, even at her age, it did Princess Diana's wonders and certainly some of our reigning queens could use it. I just wonder if Caroline is not caught in a rut right now, and overly managed in what she is told to wear, which goes from super sonservative (and a bit boring, to not tastily eccentric). I also find that some of her black gowns border on the ridiculous (the one she wore at the AMADE awards in Boston and a little later at a wedding in Germany). That's just my opinion, but I regret the time she had that "panache", that inimitable signature in her dress that we all wanted to imitate (and in parentheses, which made her mother look hopelessly old-fashioned). I don't mean to offend or anger or seem to lecture anyone with my statements, I love how different people look at fashion and learn a lot from their observations and comments. I am just sharing mine (Sorry also, this might belong in the thread on Caroline's style.)

iloveroyals said:
I also find that some of her black gowns border on the ridiculous (the one she wore at the AMADE awards in Boston and a little later at a wedding in Germany)
I think that dress was dark blue iloveroyals, but i agree with you, she´s become boring and i´m afraid her daughter imitates her. I miss the times when she dressed in red, blue, at the Red Cross and Rose Ball, she was so glamorous at least, it was mainly in the 80´s. She has completly dissapointed me this last years.

rosana said:
I think that dress was dark blue iloveroyals, but i agree with you, she´s become boring and i´m afraid her daughter imitates her. I miss the times when she dressed in red, blue, at the Red Cross and Rose Ball, she was so glamorous at least, it was mainly in the 80´s. She has completly dissapointed me this last years.
Rosana, I'll be more than glad to dress either one of them for you!

Dave

rosana said:

Do not forget that in the 80s she was much much younger, and after that she faced also her husbands death.
I think the most gracious sign of elegance is to accept that you are getting older, and to adapt your style consequently. Many women in their 50s, when they are well conserved and with a nice shape fall into the "trap" to dress like teans, with flashy colours, short dresses and exorbitant hair. When you are seen from the back you are like a young girl, but from the front... Ivana Trupm is well conserved, but her way of dressing is ridiculous. On the other side, women like Isabel Preysler are wonderfull and absolutely classy but not flashy.
To go back to Caroline, i did not like this dark blue dress either. But the black and light pink Chanel outfit worn in Spain wedding eve ball, and the light beige worn in the Danish weddinf were absolutely fabulous, and for me put Caroline in the top of all.

^I agree.The Ivana Trump example was very good!I can't imagine Caroline wearing red nowdays at the Red Cross Gala..

I can. It's not the color so much that counts as how the gown is cut, what shade it is. I know that at my age (almost 54), everybody still thinks red is my best color and would be disappointed if I should make it a rule not to wear it because of my age.
I also think we dress for the living, not for the dead. I think the idea of being in mourning is a very good one, as a transitional period that is both private and public and must be honored and respected by one's entourage, but when you go on to a new life, a new love, a new child, we must honor them too by dressing for them, for the new life they gift us with, not the departed. It was interesting at Albert's coronation the contrast between Stephanie's outfit and Caroline's outfit. There was something a bit gloomy in that grey coat and hat caroline wore, whereas Stephanie wore a flower motif two piece outfit that spelled absolute happiness for the occasion, and a theme of renewal. And we can't accuse Stephanie of not having loved her father ! It just seemed as if Caroline couldn't make up her mind as to how joyous the event was, and chose something very formal and sobering to celebrate the event, when Stephanie celebrated her brother.
The Ivana Trump example was so funny ! It would never occur to me to associate them in my mind, even to emphasize a contrast, but it certainly makes the point !

OMG the photos are wonderful!!I like particularly the one of Charlotte..
Grazie Michelle!!

The photographs by Lagerfeld are great! Thanks Michelle & Nina for posting them. How I wish all had been taken in color. I really like the pic of Charlotte alone and it reminds me of one of the pics from Caroline's 18th bday in where she was moreless posing like Charlotte.

Great pictures from this year's Dance Forum and thanks to everyone who put them. Charlotte looked simply stunning.

I don't rebember that pic you're talking, do you have it? could somebody please post!! = )

It's one that was taken in the Palace's living room in which Caroline is wearing a white dress and a necklace on her head.

Beautiful picture ! She reminds me of a young Stephanie too...

Earlier on this thread when the first pics of the Nijinsky Gala from Charlotte were posted someone said she reminded her of Stephanie, I also agree she reminds me of Stephanie in 1982 & 1983's Red Cross Balls.

monaco70s said:
It's one that was taken in the Palace's living room in which Caroline is wearing a white dress and a necklace on her head.

You are absolutely right, I remember these pics. It's crasy they have quite the same posing, thirty years after.
Hereditary is a strong thing:flowers:

This week, Bunte (german magazine) brings Charlotte (photographed by Karl Lagerfeld) on the cover.
She really looks beautiful.

wow, Karl took absolutely stunning photos of them!

asturiana said:
This week, Bunte (german magazine) brings Charlotte (photographed by Karl Lagerfeld) on the cover.
She really looks beautiful.
i saw the photos in Bunte. Lagerfeld is a genius. unbelievable.

Thanks for the pics Towsend, you have a wonderful weblog:)

I like andrea's shoes, thanks for the pics towsend, wonderful as always.

Ani

A wonderful collection of photos. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom