Monaco Dance Forum 2006, 2009, 2011, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you maybe but in internet she looks older then this picture hm

does she charlotte friend?

Last edited by a moderator:
Beatrice looks stunning, even more than Charlotte. She might be the next Grace, but they're still so young...

However I wonder how she can afford her outfit, make up, and hairdo, not to mention living the high life, since, as she herself stated, she earns only € 1.200 (1,200) a month at the newspaper she's working for...:lol:

Agree!!! Beatrice is beutiful and majestuous, I could easily see her in a role of Princess!!!

As regards the money, she might earn only 1200 euros, but do not forget she is a Borromeo..... her father might have already granted her some comfortable revenues...
I read also that her maternal grand motheris very famous, no??

Hi Lazuli - Can you please explain your coment regarding PC's toillete saying the one she wore in 2006 was much more sophisitcated, I'm just curious, thanx:santa2:

Of course, Debrann! Just take a look at the gallery on post 41 ( Nijinski Awards 2006 ), you'll see what i mean. It was a much more outstanding, regal outfit I just think it was a much more suitable dress for such an occasion... This year's dress is so... «simple»...
:merryxmas:

Beatrice looks stunning, even more than Charlotte. She might be the next Grace, but they're still so young...

However I wonder how she can afford her outfit, make up, and hairdo, not to mention living the high life, since, as she herself stated, she earns only € 1.200 (1,200) a month at the newspaper she's working for...:lol:
An educated guess; family?....she was born with a silverspoon in her mouth?....her "salary" is a "tip" for her???:)

:previous: Perhaps she will give it to charity for those poor immigrants she care so much about...

Not sure if this really goes here (can someone please move it if there's a thread where it is more appropriate?) but I found this little tidbit on Blogspot from Josh Grant, a traveling ballet dancer with the Les Ballets Trockadero de Monte Carlo ballet company, about his night at the gala. There's a little bit about meeting Princess Caroline and Karl Lagerfeld, including pictures (yay!). Anyway, I thought some of you might be interested.

Happy holidays,
Amy. :flowers:

Thanx Thecia for the read - lucky dancers to be able to mingle with PC - am envious!:cheers:

Glistening Seas

:newyear: the article was fab. We too, think it would have been a dee-light to see the Russian ballets.

:candycane: The ballet is one of my favorite's things we enjoy. Certainly the evening must have been full of a lot of fun with PA & his family and Lagerfeld around:wreath:

anyone notice pierre's shoes? similar with andrea's... just different figures

Glistening Seas

:newyear: The Russian Ballet is truly wonderful to see.

we had the pleasure of seeing the Russian Ballet perform a holiday on occasion and it was fab.

:candycane:Especially since we adore the ballet there's a lot to enjoy. Thousand & one Nights must have been dee-lightful great family one! :poinsettia:

Love the dress that PCarolineis wearing!!! Go TEAM Caroline!
where was Charlene?

Apparently, and according to an article in HOLA, P. Caroline's dress was inspired in the costums of the nymphs, in the coreography Nijinsky created in 1912 to Debussy's masterpiece "Prelude à l'aprés-midi d'un faune" ( Prelude to the twighlight of a faune ). The original costums themselves were created by Leon Blatsk. So, a toillete in the spirit of the Ballets Russes... :unicorn: :unicorn: :unicorn:

Many thanks, Lazuli !!

Some more links about this timeless and unique ballet masterpiece....

From the poetry of Stéphane Mallarmé ...... to the music by Claude Debussy .... and the "once in a lifetime" balletic interpretation by Vaslav Nijinsky.....

Afternoon of a Faun - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Prélude à l'après-midi d'un faune - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Vaslav Nijinsky - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Claude Debussy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Stéphane Mallarmé - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hello and Happy New Year to everyone.

I just came back from Monaco (!!!) where I assisted on Saturday to a representation of the Monte Carlo Ballets, dedicated to the Ballets Russes Centenary.
Wonderfull ballet, especially Shecherazade.

Unfortunately I did not meet anyone fro the Princely Family ( I was dreaming to ... but no chance!!) but I saw to the TV Monte Carlo a short program dedicated to the premiere, where the PF appeared. Charlotte took the micro, and she has talked. She has thanked her mother for all she did for the Ballets. Charlotte was beautiful, not anly as an image, but the way she has talked. from her voice, her intonation, it was obvious that she has received a prefect education and she has a lot of class. She was shy, and while talking she was slightly moving, but this was natural and nice.
That I saw and I wanted to share.

Oh lucky you!! :ROFLMAO:
When did the Ballet on Monaco take place? On Saturday?:previous:

Les Ballets de Monte-Carlo - "Second Act":

Next performance in Monaco on April 1st:

Le Sacre du Printemps (Béjart)
Daphnis et Chloé (Maillot)
Le Spectre de la Rose (Dubois)

Les Ballets de Monte-Carlo

On Saturday, April 3rd, Princess Caroline, Jean-Christophe Maillot
of Les Ballets de Monte-Carlo and Jean-Charles Curau, Director of
Cultural Affairs attended the ending of a special premiere in Monaco:

** Pic ** article **

85 young dancers from South and North America, Asia and Europe,
had come to Monaco for a one-week-workshop to prepare an audition,
unique in the world: the « Tremplin Jeunes Ballets », supported by
the Monaco Dance Forum and the Princess Grace Foundation.

Over 25 directors of international professional companies, looking for
new talent, observed the young artists individually, in real performance
conditions. In the end 30 contracts and 10 scholarships were made
possible among others.

On Saturday, April 3rd, Princess Caroline, Jean-Christophe Maillot
of Les Ballets de Monte-Carlo and Jean-Charles Curau, Director of
Cultural Affairs attended the ending of a special premiere in Monaco:

** Pic ** article **

85 young dancers from South and North America, Asia and Europe,
had come to Monaco for a one-week-workshop to prepare an audition,
unique in the world: the « Tremplin Jeunes Ballets », supported by
the Monaco Dance Forum and the Princess Grace Foundation.

Over 25 directors of international professional companies, looking for
new talent, observed the young artists individually, in real performance
conditions. In the end 30 contracts and 10 scholarships were made
possible among others.

Sorry to ask these question. But, I am new to the Princess Grace Foundation that supports Monaco Dance Forum. Does the Foundation now support the 30 contracts and 10 scholarships? I could see Princess Caroline and her daughter as amateur dancers. I loved the clip: "Le Sacre du Printemps" by Maurice Béjart, choreographed by Jean-Christophe Maillot. Was that a ballet or the tryout? I just loved it. Very Adam and Eve in theme.:);):)

Interesting article. Thanks for bringing it iceflower! :flowers:

You're welcome. It's a joined project of the Monaco Dance Forum
and the Princess Grace Foundation, I guess the PG Foundation is
the main sponsor. The expense and organisational effort is huge
and the Princess Grace Foundation-USA has always focussed on
identifying and assisting emerging talent in theater, dance and film,
so this new cooperation dovetails nicely :)

You're welcome. It's a joined project of the Monaco Dance Forum
and the Princess Grace Foundation, I guess the PG Foundation is
the main sponsor. The expense and organisational effort is huge
and the Princess Grace Foundation-USA has always focussed on
identifying and assisting emerging talent in theater, dance and film,
so this new cooperation dovetails nicely :)

Thanks for the answer iceflower.

I have another question was the Princess Grace Foundation founded by Princess Grace or by her family?:);):)

You're welcome, georgiea, I'm always happy to help :flowers:

The Princess Grace of Monaco Foundation Monaco was founded in
1964, after Princess Grace's death in 1982 Princess Caroline became
president of the foundation. The Princess Grace Foundation-USA
was established following the death of Princess Grace.
So the whole family was involved.

There's lots going on in the world of dance!

Dance companies from all four corners of the world are descending on Monaco...

The first "tranche" of MDF was centred around the "Ballets russes".
The second is starting now, and the third will take place in July.

The monegasque ballet groups are at present in Geneva.
Merce Cunningham will be in Monaco from next Friday.

There will be a huge audition for young dancers - about a hundred - from all over the world, and Princess Caroline will give out the prizes on behalf of the Académie de Danse Princesse Grace and the Fondation Princesse Grace.

Monaco.maville.com La Principauté au carrefour mondial de la danse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom