Grace, Caroline, Charlotte, Alexandra. . . it's all in the genes!

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Even so their beauty is unquestionable they are all truly very photogenic!

I completely understand princess Caroline when she said that she felt like a ugly duck besides her mom.
Princess Grace was the most beautiful woman on Monaco!!!!

anag said:
The last picture has been my all-time favorite of Caroline ever since I first saw it in the forum. So delicate...

Ani

For a split second I thought you must've gotten the profile wrong. I know it's been obvious for years, but Charlotte is a spitting image of her mother.

They ALL ARE BEAUTIFUL! Each in their own ways. Charlotte,Grace Levine has the smallest nose almost turned upbut still quite straight and slender and cute very young, they're Classical beauties too. Caroline's and Grace's nose are almost the same, Caroline's bridge a is alittle bit higher and the tip is a little more narrower. Grace passed down that great Germanic bone structure.

Last edited:
Wow ! You are so observant and can articulate differences so clearly ! It's what I have been trying to do by showing these profiles side by side. I'll have a few more later. I also wonder how one describes a profile as it ages, but again, I am not good at articulating it.

Last edited by a moderator:
IMO it's difficult to say which of them, Caro or Grace, is more beautiful because they are different types and both beautiful in their own ways. Good for Caroline. If she would look more similar to her mum, everyone would say that Grace is prettier. I, for one, can't imagine a blond woman, who is more beautiful than Grace Kelly!

You are right, and that's why the issue arises between Caroline and Charlotte, who look much more alike.

In my opinion all of this three women are beautiful in different ways. It is true Charolette does look alike her mother Caroline. Grace is still one of the most beautiful women to walk the face of the earth.And including her daughter Caroline and grand daughter Charolette both have a few features from their late mother/grandmother Grace.

Next Star said:
In my opinion all of this three women are beautiful in different ways. It is true Charolette does look alike her mother Caroline. Grace is still one of the most beautiful women to walk the face of the earth.And including her daughter Caroline and grand daughter Charolette both have a few features from their late mother/grandmother Grace.

But not Stephanie's little Camille! Out of all Grace's grandchildren, Camille looks the most like her.

Ani

anag said:
But not Stephanie's little Camille! Out of all Grace's grandchildren, Camille looks the most like her.

Ani

I am saying Camille is not beautiful which she is but the thread is not about her.This thread is about Grace,Caroline, and Charolette sorry no Camille.

Sorry, I just don't see the resemblence between Charlotte and Grace at all. Their features are very different. Charlotte looks like Caroline.

I think Caroline resembles her paternal grandmother, Princess Charlotte, and her mother's sister Peggy. Caroline has a warmer look than Grace.
Personally I think people are just comparing their beauty and not really their similarities.

But Charlotte does favor her mother. I think there is a strong resemblence there!

Next Star said:
I am saying Camille is not beautiful which she is but the thread is not about her.This thread is about Grace,Caroline, and Charolette sorry no Camille.

I know the thread is about Charlotte, Grace, and Caroline. I was just stating my opinion that out of Grace's grandchildren, Camille looks the most like her. I see no resemblance between Charlotte and Grace. That's all.

Ani

Hmm.. I used to think the same (bcs she so blond) but not sure about that anymore. I dont know, as she grow up she getting more and more like her father. is it just me or.. well forget it. JMO. Had to agree with next star It's not the right thread to compare the mature woman beauty and children beauty.. :) not yet for her (camille) but of course Its okay for Ani and everybody to state our personal opinion :)

Ok. Back to topic, I never saw the resemblance between Grace and Caroline. But I see the blend of both on Charlotte (75% Caro and 25% Grace, I dont believe I say this :)). she had a beautiful mix of Grace's face structure and Caro's round face. Charlotte is the most beutiful woman in europe ... yeah.. :)

lockedstep said:
Ok. Back to topic, I never saw the resemblance between Grace and Caroline. :)

I had the same opinion with you. Nut one day I say a film with Grace (this one where her boyfriend has a broken leg and he stays in his window all the day and watch the neighbors). And the day after I saw a kind of interview with Caroline, talkig about her mother. And her expressions, her look the way she smiled, remind so much Grace from the day before.

fandesacs2003 said:
I had the same opinion with you. Nut one day I say a film with Grace (this one where her boyfriend has a broken leg and he stays in his window all the day and watch the neighbors). And the day after I saw a kind of interview with Caroline, talkig about her mother. And her expressions, her look the way she smiled, remind so much Grace from the day before.

True. I saw Grace's last interview (conducted in the Palace Gardens) and her mannerisms, voice intonation, and general - regal yet relaxed - manner reminded me of Caroline when she was interviewed by Dianne Sawyer.

There might not be striking physical resemblances but there is something intangible. Physically, Caroline inherited the Kelly cheekbones, but hers is more of her aunt Peggy's general facial structure.

Also, I honestly believe that Caroline has observed tapes of her mother and "emulated" her in order to be the best First Lady of their principality. Observers state that Caroline became distant and very regal (just like her mother) upon Grace's death, which they assumed is her deliberate attempt to take on her mother's role in presenting Monaco as a royal heavyweight despite its miniscule size.

I laud Caroline for that attitude. Being a traditionalist, I think it's great that she is taking the best from Princess Grace's ways and embodying them. For instance, I was touched by that picture of her taking Alexandra to church on Easter day. I don't know if her older children attended a service that day, but Caroline tries to instill that sense of tradition and identity (with the family rituals, values, and of Monaco's catholicim) in her children. Once they're on their own, they do what they want of course, but it is obvious that Caroline has a lot of respect for Monaco and does her best to have the principality recognized and admired, just as Princess Grace did. They both work(ed) hard at it, bravo !

fandesacs2003 said:

Yes, you definitely see the resemblance in expressions between Grace and Caroline. But I also always thought Caroline to strongly resemble her mother in the way that their features are so chiseled. Charlotte, who in my opinion resembles Caroline mostly in her expressions, has much softer and less sharply defined features. Her face shape (square) and jaw (broad and with a cleft) are not like Caroline's at all, but are wholly from her father.

IMO Charlotte is a mix of Stefano and Grace.

Charlotte is the spitting image of her dad Stefano,I dont see any resemblance with Grace.
Total different types of women.

I say Charlotte is a combination of everybody in her family IMO. Her father Stefano,mother Caroline and also a little Grace and also she looked alot like Grace's niece Grace Levine.

Charlotte has those super big pouty bee stung lips! I wonder where she got those big lips from? There almost cartoonish. Though she still is a great beauty. Charlotte face is more softer and delicate than Caroline's yet more squared at the same time. Caroline,Stephanie,Charlotte got the great bone structure from Grace's side. Grace inherited her mothers great Germanic Nordic bone strcuture the German jaw,cheekbones, short slender nose. All of them are esquisite in their own ways.

iloveroyals would you happen to have any more pics of Grace Levine? She was quite beautiful too.

Here is some more side profiles of Grace.
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n167/grace_kelly_2006/princess/PRINCESS%20SOLO/PRINCESS6.jpg
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n167/grace_kelly_2006/princess/PRINCESS%20SOLO/PRINCESS16.jpg

In this picture I think she looks like a lot like Charlotte. this is when Grace was in her late teens early 20's.
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n167/grace_kelly_2006/GROWING%20UP/81.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember having seen pictures of Princesse Charlotte ( rainer's mother) ,it's amazing how much caro and char look like her.Same exotic dark look and big lips.
Charlotte lips are very big but I think they're beautiful and they suit her face.
I 'd rather pick Char and Caro over Grace Kelly anytime !!

Lucia Rose, thanks for the profiles.
I have posted my Grace Levine pictures in the Grace Levine thread. I'll have to go back and see if I posted all the ones I have.
I am out of town and don't have pictures with me, but as soon as I get home, I want to post a picture of Grace Kelly with Ava Gardner in Mogambo. It struck me, out of the blue, that Caroline looks like Ava Gardner, dark, indominable, domineering (I don't mean it in a mean way) to a meeker looking Grace (she was the "good girl" in the movie.) And as I have written before, when Caroline and Grace are together, it always seems as if Caroline is the dominant one. More about this later.

Iloveroyals let us know more.
Your stories are always very interesting.Yes it's true caroline has a more " dominant" look than Grace, I think it's due to her kind of beauty, dark,mysterious and exotic, compared to Grace's blonde and icy beauty.

Last edited:
Grace Kelly had a serene beauty, whereas Caroline and Charlotte have a more dramatic, darker look which can pass off as glamorous and sensual.

Grace however had this movie magic -- nobody owned big events and balls the way she did. And nobody can carry off her hair pieces and ruffles the way she did.

Grace Kelly's beauty will be discussed for generations; her pics, whether as Oscar-winning actress or Princess Consort, will generate awed admirations. Sure, Caroline and Charlotte are undeniable beauties, but I doubt that history will celebrate them as much as Grace has been.

My mother thinks that Caroline and Charlotte have nothing on Grace. She says that Caroline's front teeth are too big and her lips too wild shaped and her face too long. She says Charlottes lips are way too big and pouty and shapless. she says that Grace's face was just perfect.

She remebers from an interveiw that Caroline did on t.v that she never felt as beautiful as Grace, and said that she isnt beautiful like her mother at all. That she was so amazed and taken by her beauty and said that nobody could compete with her, she was the most beautiful woman ever.

Grace was one of the most beautiful women ever. However when she smiled she had innumerable lines around the sides of her mouth and her mouth was wide for her face.[almost Julia Roberts like and they are both Scorpios}She had legendary bad eyesight.The jawline though equine gives a slight air of masculinity.Her profile of course was perfect.But she had very little hair and it had to be managed in a certain way.Grace and Gloria Swanson had profies that made the most impact.
Caro has the longest neck we will ever see in our lifetime.She has the closest to the "classic" oval face [but with interesting angularities] ever.Her eyes are sparkling, penetrating and mesmeric.Her smile flawless and only flashed when she means it.Sadly at Caro's age Grace had aged and put weight on.Caro is tanned and Grace was not.Charlotte is too young to be commented on in the context of of these two legenday beauties because she has plenty of time yet; who were and are titans each in their own way.I think Princess Grace looked imcomparable because she did have flaws and recognized those and dealt with them like the ladies of her age.
Caro is unique in that she looks contemporary but can also be interpreted as "classic" like her mom.
Regarding chin lines Joan Fontaine the actress& Hitchcock beauty had a beautiful rare pointed chin and I have not see one of those in ages.For curves I think Loretta Young had it on everybody and will.
Grace,Caro and soon Charlotte astounding& inspiring beauties every moment of their lives.

Back
Top Bottom