Grace, Caroline, Charlotte, Alexandra. . . it's all in the genes!

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There will never be another Grace Kelly, that's it. It isn't just a matter of beauty. She had something special, sort of an "aura".
Once the doyen of Italian journalists Enzo Biagi went to interview her, and said that rather than her beauty, he was struck by the "light she shed".
She conveyed a sense of peace and calmness just by looking at her pictures, which doesn't happen neither when you look at Caroline's nor Charlotte's, though they are both beautiful.
Besides the Caroline type is sort of common where I live. If you look at the current Miss Italy, you might think she's a daughter of Caroline's.
Charlotte is a doll. It's a shame she always wears a dull expression though.

well it's all a matter of personal taste, imo. grace was surely a very very beautiful woman but i still prefer charlotte because of how natural she seems and i think looking human with flaws and all makes her look really beautiful. grace was entirely too perfect and too hollywood for me. caroline, i think is more beautiful now than as a teenager. for me it's like, grace was glamor, caroline is elegance, while charlotte is chien...
i don't think grace and charlotte look anything alike though...except for the occasional half-smiles they both share. caroline and charlotte of course look very much alike although charlotte has a lot of stefano in her too.
of all grace's grandkids, i used to think that andrea's the one who resembles her most, more so than any of the grimaldi trio themselves, especially in this pic wherein he could pass for a brother of grace..the cheekbones, jawline and that high-and-mighty look about him that isn't present in any of his siblings or cousins reminds me of grace.. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
In my opinion, Charlotte is the most beautiful one. She's feminine, gentle and healthy-looking. Grace was almost as beautiful as her granddaughter, but just like someone already pointed out, comparations are hard to make when you don't have teenage pictures of Grace. The only aspect in which Grace falls behind Charlotte is the way her beauty does not seem to be as sincere, honest and real. Don't know how to express myself better. Caroline, she gets the third place. However, I don't feel that she can be compared to the two aforementioned ladies.

moby said:
well it's all a matter of personal taste, imo. grace was surely a very very beautiful woman but i still prefer charlotte because of how natural she seems and i think looking human with flaws and all makes her look really beautiful. grace was entirely too perfect and too hollywood for me. caroline, i think is more beautiful now than as a teenager. for me it's like, grace was glamor, caroline is elegance, while charlotte is chien...
i don't think grace and charlotte look anything alike though...except for the occasional half-smiles they both share. caroline and charlotte of course look very much alike although charlotte has a lot of stefano in her too.
of all grace's grandkids, i used to think that andrea's the one who resembles her most, more so than any of the grimaldi trio themselves, especially in this pic wherein he could pass for a brother of grace..the cheekbones, jawline and that high-and-mighty look about him that isn't present in any of his siblings or cousins reminds me of grace.. :D

For me late Princess Grace was very beautiful but only on her 25 to 42. Suddenly, she gained a lot of weight, she had awfull hair (a strange kind of chignon) and she weared ugly clothes, very strong colors and designs, she lost her class.

Charlotte is wonderfull, she has a more classsical features than Caroline, she is now more beautifull than was Caroline in her age, but we do not know how she will become getting older.

But Caroline is perfect, through the last 30 years she has been pretty, but also extremely classy and regal, she is getting older in a wonderful way, and i think she will stay one of the prettiest women of the 20th, Century, and this till her 90ies, she will be stunning, despite all ages.

Mrs.Smith said:
^ it's true they really look much alike there. But I have to say that though they look much alike I wouldn't call them clones. IMO they (luckily) are different in so many aspects.

May I ask what the removed comments were about - did people make bad comments on one to make the other "more beautiful"?

de la cruza insisted on attacking grace and i for thinking grace was the most beautiful followed by caroline and then charlotte. she does not seem to assimilate the fact that we are all different and our tastes vary and that diversity is a good thing. to each their own, no?

Last edited:
Hi Moby,

The link is fine; your original photo was posted without an acknowledgment of the copyright holder. As long as you're just linking to the other website, acknowledgment of the copyright holder is their problem, not ours. It only becomes an issue for us when you post the photo itself here.

Tosca said:
There will never be another Grace Kelly, that's it. It isn't just a matter of beauty. She had something special, sort of an "aura".
Once the doyen of Italian journalists Enzo Biagi went to interview her, and said that rather than her beauty, he was struck by the "light she shed".
She conveyed a sense of peace and calmness just by looking at her pictures, which doesn't happen neither when you look at Caroline's nor Charlotte's, though they are both beautiful.
Besides the Caroline type is sort of common where I live. If you look at the current Miss Italy, you might think she's a daughter of Caroline's.
Charlotte is a doll. It's a shame she always wears a dull expression though.

That's very true. There are a lot of Italian women who have physical characteristics similar to Caroline's.

Last edited:
I was wondering; is it just me or does anyone else think that Princess Grace actually looked very well when she got older and put on a little weight? I mean, she always looked beautiful but I really like the pics of her around her 25th wedding anniversary.

Casey321 said:
I was wondering; is it just me or does anyone else think that Princess Grace actually looked very well when she got older and put on a little weight? I mean, she always looked beautiful but I really like the pics of her around her 25th wedding anniversary.

i think she aged very gracefully. she always looked dignified. just like wine, she got better with age.

A survey conducted among thousands of women, results of which came out two weeks ago, showed that Grace Kelly is considered the second most beautiful woman ever (after Audrey Hepburn).

Caroline and Charlotte have that allure, that exotic charm. Beautiful, dark, mysterious.

But when all is said and done, when all standards of taste and preferences are considered, Grace Kelly will stand out as one of the greatest epitomes of beauty. Just as Cleopatra is legendary, Grace will be talked about in centuries to come for the life that she led and the beauty that she possessed.

Tall, blonde, regal women will always be considered "Grace Kelly-like". She set a standard that will remain. Caroline and Charlotte fall under a category of beauty (exotic, Mediterranean) whereas Grace defined hers.

royrrules said:
A survey conducted among thousands of women, results of which came out two weeks ago, showed that Grace Kelly is considered the second most beautiful woman ever (after Audrey Hepburn).

Caroline and Charlotte have that allure, that exotic charm. Beautiful, dark, mysterious.

But when all is said and done, when all standards of taste and preferences are considered, Grace Kelly will stand out as one of the greatest epitomes of beauty. Just as Cleopatra is legendary, Grace will be talked about in centuries to come for the life that she led and the beauty that she possessed.

Tall, blonde, regal women will always be considered "Grace Kelly-like". She set a standard that will remain. Caroline and Charlotte fall under a category of beauty (exotic, Mediterranean) whereas Grace defined hers.

very well said.

I recently saw this picture of Grace and got that magazine and immediately realized the similarity.

from www.thefashiospot.com
and from "frau im spiegel" scanned by me

I see some similarity here, too:

scanned from same magazine

I'm a little bit confused, is posting of pictures like that^ still allowed? if not, please remove it!

resemblance

in my opinion grace and charlotte look a lot alike, caroline looks exactly like her father, i think charlotte and caroline have the same face expressions but thats it, charlotte looks much more like her grandma

beautiful shots of Grace and Charlotte. I have always seen the resemblance between charlotte and Grace. In the face, the skin (some kind of glow) and ine her damanour...the way she carries herself reminds me somewhat of Grace. I think she has a lot mor Grace than people realize...

I think Caroline looks like her grandmother Charlotte . To me Stephanie looks the most like her father .Charlotte looks like her mom , and Camille looks most like Grace.

Caroline may have inherited her paternal grandmother's features (eyes, dark looks), but Princess Charlotte was not beautiful. Instead, she was exotic.

Caroline and Charlotte luckily inherited Grace Kelly's facial structure. Cheekbones, strong jaw (although Grace's was more squared), classic chin were part of the privileged Kelly DNA.

Princess Charlotte's pictures show her having a jowl or a double chin, a rather fleshy face. Caroline actually had that look in her late teens to early 20's but her face thinned out and looked more beautiful.

I see Grace in Caroline and Charlotte especially in news videos of these royals. There is something in the way they hold their heads, look in cameras, or handle themselves that are strikingly similar. And if you watch "To Catch A Thief" or "High Society", you'll see what I mean :) Caroline and Charlotte are indeed Kelly girls!

aer than any more pics of Princess Charlotte that someone can post. I'm having a hard time finding some. I do agree that Caroline greatly resembles her.

sorry to say this but I really cant see charlotte looking anything like grace
caroline does look like her mum in certain pictures, but not all the time.

To go back to the suject of Charlotte's style or lack thereof, I was thinking that was distinguishes her is how self-contained she always looks, as if she is unaware that all eyes are on her, or doesn't care. Her mother, at the same age (and younger and older) always had such a presence, such charisma, and it's as if there was a strong field of energy around her. Even in still photographs, she often looks as if she is dancing, as if she is in movement, bouncing, as if she had too much energy and it must overflow, and fortunately it overflows on us (I love people like that!) and I think that's part of her magnetism. That, and her smile, she always sparkled and called attention to herself, in a very positive, upbeat kind of way.
On the other hand, I was thinking, as I teach college level, that in my classes, there is generally one or two girls that I would call stylish. They are stylish, but that's it, it's interesting because I like fashion, but it's not an overwhelming quality in my eyes. I have the feeling that if Charlotte was in my class, she would not strike me as stylish. I would probably find her to be the most beautiful girl in the class, but I probably would find that discreet aura around her more attractive than the stylish girls. To me, that's what makes her charm. She and her mother are very different that way, and both would stand out anywhere, but in a different way. Princess Grace was the one with the poise, Caroline the one with the magnetism, and Charlotte the one with the charm. Just my opinion...

my opinion about the difference between caro and charlotte is the difference in the way children were educated, in the 60/70's caro was raised the children were considerated in a different way, the education was less emotional, parents today i think give more affect and love to their children and they are more confident in public maybe, hope i was clear with my opinion

well done !

I totally agree with you. It's a good "resumé " of each style.

iloveroyals said:
To go back to the suject of Charlotte's style or lack thereof, I was thinking that was distinguishes her is how self-contained she always looks, as if she is unaware that all eyes are on her, or doesn't care. Her mother, at the same age (and younger and older) always had such a presence, such charisma, and it's as if there was a strong field of energy around her. Even in still photographs, she often looks as if she is dancing, as if she is in movement, bouncing, as if she had too much energy and it must overflow, and fortunately it overflows on us (I love people like that!) and I think that's part of her magnetism. That, and her smile, she always sparkled and called attention to herself, in a very positive, upbeat kind of way.
On the other hand, I was thinking, as I teach college level, that in my classes, there is generally one or two girls that I would call stylish. They are stylish, but that's it, it's interesting because I like fashion, but it's not an overwhelming quality in my eyes. I have the feeling that if Charlotte was in my class, she would not strike me as stylish. I would probably find her to be the most beautiful girl in the class, but I probably would find that discreet aura around her more attractive than the stylish girls. To me, that's what makes her charm. She and her mother are very different that way, and both would stand out anywhere, but in a different way. Princess Grace was the one with the poise, Caroline the one with the magnetism, and Charlotte the one with the charm. Just my opinion...

Thanks, Pouk, as my signature says, I love all the royals, I think we live in an era of several overlapping great generations of royals, and I like to define, in my eyes, what makes each of them so attractive and unique. And to tell the truth, following royals' lives gives a more optimistic outlook on the future of the world than current affairs in the news. I think we need that part of dream they provide, beauty, glamour, goodwill, so many outreaching gestures that are so comforting to witness. I say, hourrah for the royals ! And I know in my heart that Charlotte will live up to the standards set by her grandmother, the fabulous Princess Grace.

trimmaaja said:
my opinion about the difference between caro and charlotte is the difference in the way children were educated, in the 60/70's caro was raised the children were considerated in a different way, the education was less emotional, parents today i think give more affect and love to their children and they are more confident in public maybe, hope i was clear with my opinion

I Fully agree with you. Caroline received a strict education, and this made her "react", Charlotte does not need to react, she received a "cooler" education, she is quite free, and this freedom makes her staying closer to her mother. She goes on holidays with her boyfriend, together with her mom, in her age Caro had to get engaged and to marry, other times, other behavior.

I agree. I remember Caroline saying in an interview that she would much prefer have lived with Philippe Junot, but was sort of forced into the marriage because living "in sin", although people of her generation were doing it aplenty, was not an option for her mother. She felt it was a grave error to enforce outmoded rules whose consequences (with her being in the limelight and all) were painful and humiliating for everyone, and so publicly so. I think her parental choice as regards Charlotte's love life is the right one in that context, and it keeps the mother-daughter relationship trustful and mutually respectul.

It's such a shame that neither Caroline nor Charlotte pursued a movie career. I would have liked to have seen Charlotte as a teenager immortalized on film, the way actresses like Nasstaja Kinski, Isabelle Adjani, Olivia Hussey (of Zefirelli's Romeo and Juliet), Charlotte Gainsbourg ,were immortalized when they were in that transitional period between child-woman and young woman. Charlotte would have had a brilliant career in movies I am sure, she is so unique, but with all the grace (sorry for what seems like a pun) of her grandmother. It would certainly have shone through on the silver screen.

hello, im from argentina, im so glad to find this forum, i have always admired Princess Caroline, since i was a child. of course she is my favourite, and i have lots and lots of pictures that i collected this years, sorry my english.

iloveroyals said:
It's such a shame that neither Caroline nor Charlotte pursued a movie career. I would have liked to have seen Charlotte as a teenager immortalized on film, the way actresses like Nasstaja Kinski, Isabelle Adjani, Olivia Hussey (of Zefirelli's Romeo and Juliet), Charlotte Gainsbourg ,were immortalized when they were in that transitional period between child-woman and young woman. Charlotte would have had a brilliant career in movies I am sure, she is so unique, but with all the grace (sorry for what seems like a pun) of her grandmother. It would certainly have shone through on the silver screen.
i on the other hand, do not want her to be in movie. yes, i like to see her more, yes i love to hear her voice, yes i agree that she would have a brilliant career if she does take up acting. But i honestly do not like tha fact that she would be too exposed. After all, if she does take up acting, she would be public property and everthing that she does, everywhere that she goes would be known to all...i rather have a mysterious and low key charlotte..

auroraDaniel said:
i on the other hand, do not want her to be in movie. yes, i like to see her more, yes i love to hear her voice, yes i agree that she would have a brilliant career if she does take up acting. But i honestly do not like tha fact that she would be too exposed. After all, if she does take up acting, she would be public property and everthing that she does, everywhere that she goes would be known to all...i rather have a mysterious and low key charlotte..

I think that she would have a brilliant career in acting only if she could act. Look at P. Stephanie, she tried desperatly to act in the 80's and it just didn't seem to happen for her. Charlotte's name won't get her everything. Something's she will have to earn, her name may only open doors for her.

Back
Top Bottom