General Questions about Princess Caroline & Prince Ernst August

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
fandesacs2003 said:
This car is a collector's item car, and it is very possible that it has been built in Europe. So Ernst, either bought it from another collector in UK, and he registered it, or he bought it in Europe and he transfered it in UK. Ernst used to live for a long time in UK, he still has a mansion there, and his proffessionnal interests may be still there. So it is normal to have registered his car in one of his companies name, or whatever else.

I think, in Europe, out of UK, Malta & Cyprus drive on the left side, and may be also Ireland, but I'm not sure.

I am 95% sure you must be right about Ireland. Yeah, that car is definitely a vintage. I wonder what year it is. Have you guys seen the family ever driving this car outside Monaco, because I don't recall ever seeing it driven outside Monaco. Is it normal to keep a foreign-registered car in Monaco or is that just another special privilege they have as members of the ruling family? Because in America, if you have a car registered, say, in Kentucky, but you keep this car permanently fixed in another state, that's illegal. You have a time restriction for that and beyond the time limit (I think exactly 30 days) you must acquire the registration requirements of the state in which the car will be settled. Considering their special status, I would not be surprised to learn that the Hanovers can have diplomatic plates on their cars, which would give them complete immunity from any registration laws of any country.

Last edited:
In Ireland and also in Japan they keep left

Carlos said:
The question was not about the car but the license plate. The car might well be foreign but the license plate is British.
The wheel is on the left hand side here because we drive on the left. It has been like that since the early 1900's and nobody changed it.

:) I am interested to know where in the UK they drive wiith the steering wheel on the left. Admitedly you drive on the left, but that means the steering wheel is on the right, as is the case here in Aust. If the steering wheel was on the left, you would be viewing the road from the gutter making things very awkward. :confused:

I think it's a German made car (Mercedes for God's sake!) therefore the wheel is on the left, but I believe that Ernst may keep that plate because he loves England and lived there. My parents have lived in Miami for years, but my Dad still keeps the French plate on his old Volvo and my Mom keeps the Spanish plate on her VW. It's total nostalgia. Ya know, the good ol' days?

Ani

This thing that started with a prince Ernst plate has taken quite an interesting turn, literally prince Ernst car's left or right turn. In the USA the only people I've seen with the wheel on the British side are mail men because it's easier for them to deposit mail on boxes lined by the driveway without getting out of the car.

If Ernst can drive both ways, is that then like learning to write the left and right hands?

Just wondering but is it possible that his car is registered elsewhere but keeps the front plate for purely nostalgic reasons? Over in Europe do you have to have a plate on the front & back of your car. I know here in the States not every state is required to have front & back plates. For example, in North Carolina, where I'm from we only have back plates. Another example, in New Jersey they have plates on the front & back.

In England you have to have both front and back plates.

I wonder what Caros personality is like. Is she a friendly person or a snob. Does anyone know or met her.

Does anyone know how the relations are in the Hanover family?
Do Ernst and Caroline see the brothers and sisters of Ernst?

Prince Ernst is close to his sister, apparently. I think her name is Alexandra like his daughter, right?

I dunno, but he had some problems with his older brother ( don't remeber the name, sorry) so I guess their relationship isn't great, either.

I dunno, but he had some problems with his older brother ( don't remeber the name, sorry) so I guess their relationship isn't great, either.

Prince Heinrich I think? I don't hold the Hanovers' names too well in my head.
But I believe this Prince Heinrich is the one that disagreed with Prince Ernst's decision to sell Marienburg treasures. I guess he was also something of a German tabloid caricature because he had a child from an adulterous affair with a cabaret singer, and he denied it but she took him to court and made him accept their son.
Prince Heinrich, pic and brief bio, on Dr.dk

There are five siblings of Prince Ernst:
1) Princess Marie, Countess of Hochberg
2) Prince Ludwig, the one who committed suicdie
3) Princess Olga
4) Princess Alexandra of Leiningen (I think she is little Alex's godmother in addition to Charlotte of course, and quite close to Ernst and Caroline)
5) Prince Heinrich

Yeah, Heinrich might be Stephanie of the Hanover family ;) Wild and careless ...

I know this is digressing a bit, but who said driving on the left hand side of the road is the wrong side??

I know this lady (in the middle) is no longer in her youth, but I do not know where to post this pic.

Her name is Rita Caltagirone. She and her sister used to be good friends of Caroline, who met Stefano on their father's yacht. This man is a publisher and a businessman, who has been hinted for being involved in the mafia. Perhaps this might have generated all those bad rumors concerning Stefano and his family.

Don't you all think that caroline was more " modern" and approachable when she was married to Stefano? I think she has such an air of superiority since he married Ernst August. She really oozes with " her Royal Higness air", what do you think about ?

i think you're quite right vera... it's such a pitty!

Don't you all think that caroline was more " modern" and approachable when she was married to Stefano? I think she has such an air of superiority since he married Ernst August. She really oozes with " her Royal Higness air", what do you think about ?

I do not agree. Caroline was young happy and fresh when he was married to Stefano. But she had such an enormeous tragedy that it is normal that her caracher has changed somehow

I am not talkin about carachter here.it's just her " superiority air" that i dislike........ It's like if since she married Ernst she became so snob, I think when she was Mrs Casiraghi she was more down to earth. I dont know if I cleared that..but it doesnt have to do with carachter, more with attitude.

I agree with Fandesacs: Caroline was much more open and ready to let the press and the public into her life when Stefano was alive; after his death (and before she started a relationship with Ernst) she developed an insufferance to being constantly in the spotlight, almost a resentment toward the public who was scrutinizing her in such a difficult time. Since Stefano's death she has definitely changed her attitude, but that happened well before she got married to a Royal Highness...

She has a lot of dignity and distance, a true regal person! Being one of few royals who have married another royal person in recent years, she really has the right to be!

Well, Caroline has also matured, and realizes that the press doesn't always print the truth - they print pictures and stories that sell, no matter how deceiving they appear:bang:. So, it makes sense that she's a little more guarded with her personal life, and that of her children - which is why she may have moved them out of the lime light and didn't give them titles, to give them a normal childhood. I think it was the right thing to do - even though they are not titled, they were still (and continue to be) followed and photographed.

I am not talkin about carachter here.it's just her " superiority air" that i dislike........ It's like if since she married Ernst she became so snob, I think when she was Mrs Casiraghi she was more down to earth. I dont know if I cleared that..but it doesnt have to do with carachter, more with attitude.
I agree with you, she has a snob attitude now, though she probably changed her character after Stefano's death, too. I can't tell from the pics what is her character but I can easily see her snobbish attitude and I am quite sure it is because of her royal marriage.

who is the first child of princes Caroline? And would that be the person to become the prince(s) of monaco after Albert?

I agree with you, she has a snob attitude now, though she probably changed her character after Stefano's death, too. I can't tell from the pics what is her character but I can easily see her snobbish attitude and I am quite sure it is because of her royal marriage.

I would say more guarded than snobbish. We're so idealistic when we're young. Possibly, when she was newly married to Stephano (the love of her life), she was willing to let people in, not believing anyone (including the press) was out to hurt her, so maybe she acted w/out care - then, when Stephano died, and the hurtful things were printed about her, her marriages and family, she probably wised up and distanced herself from the press, and people outside her social circle - who could she trust?! So, I'd prefer to think she's just guarding herself from the general public, if she has the gut feeling that nothing positive will come from conversing w/a stranger.

who is the first child of princes Caroline? And would that be the person to become the prince(s) of monaco after Albert?

Andrea Casiraghi is Caroline's first son. He would only inherit the throne if Albert does not produce a legitimate heir and if Caroline abdicates or dies.

(current) Albert
1. Albert's Heir or Caroline
2. Andrea
3. Pierre (Andrea's younger brother)

Hey i got a question and i'm not quite sure if it fits into this forum, but i'll just try^^.

Does anyone know what language Alexandra, her youngest daughter speaks?
I mean, if she speaks German with her parents, doesn't she also need to speak French, in order to understand her mom's other kids?!

Hey i got a question and i'm not quite sure if it fits into this forum, but i'll just try^^.

Does anyone know what language Alexandra, her youngest daughter speaks?
I mean, if she speaks German with her parents, doesn't she also need to speak French, in order to understand her mom's other kids?!
I think she speaks german, french and english. Because Charlotte, Andrea and Pierre speak English, French and Italian. It would make sense . . . She speaks french with her mother, the Casiraghi's and her french friends. The casiraghi's speak Englich with Ernst-August and his sons. I can imagine that Caro and Ernst speak a lot of English together. And I also think (not know!) that Alexandra speaks German with her father. But it is an interesting question isn't it? I also wonder if Alexandra speaks some italian . . . it would be co0nfusing, 4 languages . . .

I am absolutely sure that the Princess Caroline speaks perfectly in german and english with her husband. She learned 5 languages: French, English, German, Italian, and fluently Spanish. That's why Caroline never has problem of communication with her husband. If her husband prefers english speech because he lived several years in London with his ex-wife Chantal. That is why her husband continues to speak in english with Caroline but certainly in german, especially with her little cute daughter Alexandra, in all mixing quite simply. I find really very enriching and very easy for the communication. Like the Princess Caroline, me also, to be honest, I usually speak 5 languages! :flowers:

Last edited:
Concerning the little princess Alexandra, the education in school nearby Paris is giving in french but she have a baby sister originally from Germany, so her baby sister speaks surely in german with Alexandra. That's the best point for her and "an asset" for her father :flowers:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom