Engagement of Andrea Casiraghi and Tatiana Santo Domingo; 2 July 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if the wedding were to be held in Monaco I would expect it to be a pretty low key event. Civil ceremony in the palace throne room and perhaps the religious ceremony in the palace chapel, rather like Carolines first wedding but without the walk about.

Even if the wedding were to be held in Monaco I would expect it to be a pretty low key event. Civil ceremony in the palace throne room and perhaps the religious ceremony in the palace chapel, rather like Carolines first wedding but without the walk about.

With 600 guests and people she had never met, including Hollywood stars, Caroline´s first wedding was anything but low profile.

Andrea is currently taking his master's degree at University of Barcelona, I think Tatiana is working for the company she created with a friend.

I have no idea what is Andrea doing or living but he certainly is not has has not been living in Spain this year. That's something someone wrote in wikipedia for no apparent reason.

Lumutqueen, what kind of company is that?

I have no idea what is Andrea doing or living but he certainly is not has has not been living in Spain this year. That's something someone wrote in wikipedia for no apparent reason.

It wasn't just something somebody wrote, it was featured in several magazines and even a few english ones. If he's not been studying, has he just wasted his time?

Lumutqueen, what kind of company is that?

That would be the Muzungu Sisters, The Muzungu sisters team up with Missoni for a new collaboration (Vogue.com UK)

It wasn't just something somebody wrote, it was featured in several magazines and even a few english ones. If he's not been studying, has he just wasted his time?

It certainly wouldn't be the first time a magazine or newspaper basically copied and pasted what they find on Wikipedia, which is obviously of questionable reliability.

It certainly wouldn't be the first time a magazine or newspaper basically copied and pasted what they find on Wikipedia, which is obviously of questionable reliability.

I think it was the other way around, the information on wikipedia has a citation linking to a royal website.

I think it was the other way around, the information on wikipedia has a citation linking to a royal website.

The information about Andrea studying in Barcelona? Wikipedia links to a gossip blog, which itself links to examiner.com, which anyone can write for. I have no idea if he's studying there or not, but none of those sources are reliable.

I think he is working in Monaco. Andrea was named by PA has head or an executive position of I think the palace guard this spring.

Andrea received honorary rank of Corporal in the palace guard. Some sites claimed he was made a Brigadier, which is a rank that does not exist in Monaco. I think it was a mistranslation Brigade/Brigadier. Even Prince Albert only holds the rank of Colonel in his palace guards so it would be ridiculous to give his nephew a higher rank than the Sovereign Prince.
Whatever his honorary rank in the guards it would hardly be a full time position so whatever he is up to it must be something other than this.

I have no proof that Andrea is not studying in Barcelona, but Hello/Hola magazine is just the iceberg tip of the huge industry that "pink press" (as we call it) has become in spain.
And all those magazines and paparazzi are fascinated by the Grimaldi and Casiraghi.

The University of Barcelona is not a private elite university. It is a huge public university where everyone can walk around every building and enter everywhere.

If Andrea hadd been there since last october, believe me, the local gossip magazines would had been chasing him around since day one, and we would have tons of pics of him.
Yet, there as been absolutetly nothing about it in the national gossip press. That's why I'm 100% sure he never studied in Barcelona.

Andrea received honorary rank of Corporal in the palace guard. Some sites claimed he was made a Brigadier, which is a rank that does not exist in Monaco. I think it was a mistranslation Brigade/Brigadier. Even Prince Albert only holds the rank of Colonel in his palace guards so it would be ridiculous to give his nephew a higher rank than the Sovereign Prince.
Whatever his honorary rank in the guards it would hardly be a full time position so whatever he is up to it must be something other than this.

In the french military system Brigadier is one of the lower ranks in the army, way lower than a Colonel, so it is very possible that Andrea was made one.

Last edited by a moderator:
In the french military system Brigadier is one of the lower ranks in the army, way lower than a Colonel, so it is very possible that Andrea was made one.

True, count on the French to be "distinct". It must make for some interesting confusion when a Brigadier (general) in other NATO armies meets up witha Brigadier (caporal) in the French army.

Caporal (infantry) or Brigadier (cavalry) : in command of an équipe.

What ever his rank in the Monagasque guards it still unlikely to be a fulltime profession. If it was he would be seen out and about in Monaco regularly, probably taking part in the changing of the guard as well.

I am very pleased with this match. Congratulations to the couple!!

The information about Andrea studying in Barcelona? Wikipedia links to a gossip blog, which itself links to examiner.com, which anyone can write for. I have no idea if he's studying there or not, but none of those sources are reliable.

I'm one of the primary royal writers for Examiner, on Royal News. I can tell you that not everyone can write for them...but many people can write outside their assigned topic. (for example I'm constantly commenting on the Hartford Pop Culture Examiner for her awful royal coverage :bang:). So someone could get accepted as the "Ford Trucks Examiner" but publish something on another topic. But I digress - I just wanted to note that I can't vouch for anything other than "Royal News Examiner" and "UK Royal News Examiner". I cover the former, and Linda Gentile the latter - we both have decades of experience following and covering the royals.

ANYWAY - the point of all of this is that my last update on that wikipedia page was that Andrea was employed at the Qatar Embassy. I've not ever known him to be at the University of Barcelona. I think it is a bit foggy if he is STILL at the embassy, but that was my last confirmation. I wouldn't have linked that to myself as a source though...that always seems a bit wrong to me :)

As for Tatiana - she is employed by her Mazunga Sisters fashion line primarily.

Has the wedding date been hinted at?

Just Summer 2013, nothing more specific.

Quick note to all - I've removed that U of Barcelona part from the Wikipedia entry. While I know I would never source from wikipedia, I at least like to try and help them have good information. If nothing else...so when I kill time at work I'm reading good stuff!

Last edited by a moderator:
I don´t know where the rumor of Barcelona comes from, but if the Casiraghis barely speak Italian, it´s quite nonsensical that they speak Spanish.

I guess this info about Tatiana is official, since it´s provided by the Muzungu Sisters page.

Muzungu Sisters available now only at Motilo.com

I´d like to quote something that drew my attention " In promoting the products featured on Muzungu Sisters, Dana and Tatiana hope to shine a light on the rare artistry found in various communities, and to stimulate those local economies, all while providing customers with timeless, hand-selected items of impeccable quality and style."

Looks like the girl has some social concerns, and that, considering her origins, speaks a lot about her.

Last edited:
I don´t know where the rumor of Barcelona comes from, but if the Casiraghis barely speak Italian, it´s quite nonsensical that they speak Spanish.

Also, in the Universtiy of Barcelona most courses are not even in spanish but in catalonian, the regional language! Even more difficult for him to follow!

According to a spanish article that i read somewhere in other forums, Andrea works at SBM.
He also has worked at Aravena, a french company of electricity (i think)
I have to look for the scans of that magazine.

Last edited:
I'm one of the primary royal writers for Examiner, on Royal News. I can tell you that not everyone can write for them...but many people can write outside their assigned topic. (for example I'm constantly commenting on the Hartford Pop Culture Examiner for her awful royal coverage :bang:). So someone could get accepted as the "Ford Trucks Examiner" but publish something on another topic. But I digress - I just wanted to note that I can't vouch for anything other than "Royal News Examiner" and "UK Royal News Examiner". I cover the former, and Linda Gentile the latter - we both have decades of experience following and covering the royals.

Thank you for the clarification, and I apologize for my sweeping generalization. I've just had the misfortune of running across enough poorly written articles for Examiner that I've become perhaps a bit too dismissive! But thank you for your links, I'll check those out. :)

:heart1::fireworks: CONGRATULATIONS TO THE HAPPY YOUNG COUPLE! :fireworks::hug:

Lol and about time. :D Seriously, I've been waiting & waiting for these two to get married, and now alas they're finally going to. :) Perfect. An added bonus is that each met their soulmate early on, whilst still teenagers.

Also, CONGRATS to Princess Caroline on her eldest getting married. :cheers: My how time flies, I recall like yesterday when PC was Andrea's age. *sigh* And one day she'll be a grandmother as well; makes me feel old, but that's life. C'est la vie. :)^)

Final note, I hope the lovely Tatiana continues her gorgeous Pre-Raphaelite style with her wedding. Such a natural beauty; reminds me of this: waterhouse.jpg (image)

As already stated on a previous page of this thread: we won't speculate about any possible pregnancies!
Speculative posts have once more been removed and further posts will be deleted without notice!

Definitely, I love the look on Iniesta's bride. Though Tatiana's a lot curvier than she is, so she might need a bit more structure in the bodice. The cap and veil would look lovely on her.
I think that such a cap and veil would also very much suite her personal style. But I still hope that she will choose to wear a tiara. Though I don't know if that is really likely.

Did a Grimaldi bride ever wear a tiara? As far as I can remember, Grace didn't, Caroline didn't, Stephanie didn't and Charlene wore a brooch, but it's certainly not a tiara.

Caroline at least wore a tiara at her pre-wedding.
Stephanie never wears anything on her head, not even hats.
Charlene wore two different diamond ornaments. The floral jewel she wore comes as a very versatile and big peace, so that I wouldn't exactly call it a brooch. Though I'm not sure what to call it. And then there was the diamond aigrette she wore for the reception.
So I think that there is a small chance that Tatiana will wear a tiara.

I would bet on the whole affair being small and private and no tiaras.

Charlene didn't wear a tiara for her wedding?
I've seen a video footage on youtube on Ban Cleef and Arpels' new tiara created for the new princess of Monaco.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom