Current press reports: Princess Caroline and Prince Ernst August

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Maybe Caroline has nothing against that Ernst August kiss another woman, but I think she is definitly not happy that he did this in a public place and now the pictures are shown in magazines.

Caroline has put up with too many disdains on Ernst´s side . Do yo remember Felipe and Letizia´s wedding? As a woman , I feel pity for her .

UGH! Well, it's been speculated about for a while, so I guess the press is moving more in the direction of providing proof that Ernst has strayed. I feel awful for Princess Caroline to have to go thru this (even though she was the "other woman" in his life, at one time....), and especially sorry for Princess Alexandra....innocent victim. I hope it all comes out ok - somehow, they made a positive relationship between their children (EAJr, Christian and Casiraghi kids)....hopefully, something positive comes from this, too.....

Maybe Ernst Von Hannover is a prince , but he is not a "gentleman" . Princess Caroline does not deserve this. Can´t he wait to show himself with another woman ? Does he want to provoke a divorce?
You are probably right, garcía! Also when Ernst was still married with Chantal and was dating Caroline, he let the paparazzi take pics of them kissing each other and Chantal had to grant the divorce at once.
This seems to be the only strategy he knows to have a divorce granted!
It is sad for Alexandra, but Caroline should divorce. There isn't any reason to wait, IMO!

Will be interesting to see what is more important, keeping dignity after public humiliation by a straying husband or the HRH title Monaco had been longing for so much :whistling::whistling::whistling:

Let´s see what happens next ! Hard times are awaiting Princess Caroline. I have always considered her a superior to Ernst , and it is not a question of being Royal Highness .....

Please keep in mind: Love is the most valuable thing in life, but also very fragile.
It comes and it may go and that may be nobody’s fault, just a fate in life.

We can of course dicuss the press reports, but please be fair, no speculations
about private things we definitely know nothing about and no accusations and
insults – let’s stay respectful!

And please don't forget: Whether or not the couple remains married is their
decision and no one elses, time will tell..

Thanks for your understanding!

Iceflower
Monaco Forum Moderator

How awful for Caroline, these papers don't help but... :ermm:

The irony of WHERE he was spotted never fails to make me smile.... I mean if you are going to do a bit of cavorting .... could you pick a better named place than PHUKET !!

Never fails to stagger me how she could have chosen him in the first place. Even though this undoubtedly is a time of upheaval in her life, there is no doubt a life sans Ernst in the long run will bring her nothing but peace and contentment. She always struck me as a dignified private woman and I wish her well.

By the way, I always thought she and Vincent Lindon looked right together....shame that never lasted. He was utterly yummy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wasn't Ernest married when Caroline began to pursue him? Am sure one of you can shed light on that but well the old saying is what goes around comes around.....

Another saying is "If he cheats with you he will cheat on you."

So it seems as if the 'Grimaldi Curse' is about to rear it's head again. No wonder Albert doesn't want to get married!

Looks like here is the proof
I feel sorry for PC but especially her daughter Alexandra, I also feel that PC knew that something like this would rear its ugly head sooner or later, especially knowing Ernst as she does...I think she is prepared for what is to come and she will do what she has to do with diplomacy.
I trust that we will all respect her and her family during this uneasy time for her:brush:and hopefully she will be able to brush it behind her!

No one knows who she is? I wouldn't be surprised if she moves within their circle.

:shock: Oh dear :sad: All this time I was hoping there might be some kind of logical explanation for all this but it seems there isn't one. :ermm: I hope the press remember to respect the privacy of Caroline and her family at this time and doesn't hound any of them, especially Alex, who is the innocent victim in all of this. I can't help but feel sorry for Caroline, life seems to be dealing her far more than her fair share of blows. Hopefully they can all put the past behind them soon and move on to a happier future. :sleep:

Will be interesting to see what is more important, keeping dignity after public humiliation by a straying husband or the HRH title Monaco had been longing for so much :whistling::whistling::whistling:

That's exactly I was wondering as well (and I definitely agree on Caroline's superiority, as mentioned in another post). I mean, if they were both a bit younger, I could see her divorcing him over all of this. But, in addition to the status issues, they're already living separately, and there is really nothing to be lost or gained, unless it were simply for ego (or dignity, whichever way you prefer to view it). And as you've said, I think that it will come down to what is most important; the title, their children, money (on both sides), and appearances.

And, just out of curiosity, would Ernst regain his place in British succession if he and Caroline were to divorce? And Caroline's HRH would not be carried by future Monegasque royals, would it? It's exclusive only to her as long as she carried the "Hanover" title, right?

Glistening Seas

:candycane: Certainly whatever 'arrangement' Pss. Caroline & Ernest work out they should do what they feel. Divorce happens even in the best of families. And, who knows sometimes get closer after they divorce it happens!:heart1:

And, just out of curiosity, would Ernst regain his place in British succession if he and Caroline were to divorce? And Caroline's HRH would not be carried by future Monegasque royals, would it? It's exclusive only to her as long as she carried the "Hanover" title, right?

As far as I remember, Ernst permanently excluded himself from the line of succession when he married Caroline. I'd have to read the rules again to be sure but as far as I know, Ernst would not regain his place in the line of succession the British throne should he and Caroline divorce.
In relation to the HRH question, the title would only be carried by Caroline and not any of her descendants (unless of course they should be born or marry into royal houses themselves) as titles only pass down the male line. Although HRH is more of a 'style' than an actual 'title' as the Hanovers are not legally recognised by any country other than Monaco (I don't think? :ermm:), and if the style HRH is used in relation to them it is usually more of a courtesy than anything else.

By the way, I see that the Daily Mail article now has a page of the Bunte article online now. :sad: It just doesn't seem fair.

As far as I know the only way that the Monegasque Family could continue using the title of HRH after Princess Caroline's death would be if Princess Alexandra of Hanover inherited the principality and had successors. However as she has three older siblings in front of her in the line of succession this seems unlikely. This is assuming of course that Princess Caroline cannot/does not make the family into HRH's if she succeeds. However, I think this unlikely, seeing as it has not been done so far. :flowers:

It will interesting to see how this all turns out! I wonder who she will end up with if she divorces EA....(..)

Last edited by a moderator:
Eh? Poor Caroline? None of that lot are angels if you ask me. Although I suppose if I must pick one of the whole group that was semi respectable she would be at the top of that list.

Anyway, she knew he was a playboy when she married him, and he'd been that for ages. If she expected to change him, then she was just dumb. And otherwise she needed to accept it and get over it because she was well aware of the type of person he was when she married him.

On the Bild site the picture of Caroline and Ernst has arrows on either side of the picture and click on the right white arrow and the pictures should show up. The mystery woman doesn't look young or attractive to me, then neither does Ernst.:p

I feel terrible for Princess Caroline and little Princess Alexandra over this, but I cannot say I am too surprised by it either. Their union, if I recall, was what we used to call a "shotgun wedding" right? I also deplore the reputation rub-off this causes for the unfortunate Grimaldis since, as far as their own marriages ending in divorce, they have not been the ones to blame. I can also imagine this does not make Albert anxious to take the plunge. There was a report on their "problems" recently on American TV and I most remember a remark by one Monegasque who was interviewed. She said, they all feel bad when these things happen to their family, that they are very glad to have Princess Caroline hope but would have liked it to have been under different circumstances.

:monacostandard: :monacoflag:

German TV said that she is from Persia and also married :nonono:.
I dont find her atractive, too. And I think it would be better if she wears a swimsuit than a bikini. The pictures are embarrassing.

Well, this is utterly unsurprising.

What is surprising, however, is the onslaught of sympathy towards Caroline. Are people forgetting the circumstances of the beginning of her romance with Ernst?
She is now suffering the same kind of public humiliation and private betrayal she once inflicted upon her best friend. I believe this is called karma.

Regarding divorce speculation, I would tend to agree with some other posters that such a woman would not let go of a royal title (especially the kind that is actually legal) that easily.

The one I feel sorriest for is their young daughter as for the others....what goes round comes round.

Back
Top Bottom