Charlotte Casiraghi's equestrian career

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cute jacket (but seems rather like a Chanel rip-off). IMO, VERY unattractive and ill fitting pants.

Her outfit is normal, i am not crazy. The trousers don't flatter her.
When do the Gucci Masters begin? I am looking forward to seeing her riding again!

I think it the pants that make this a rare less appealing outfit I love the jacket though.. she can do very little wrong in my eyes however

The jacket is a cool statement piece and the pants are really well tailored but paired together, it's not my favorite.

All the costumes were very funny this year! Sad that Char did not participate!

charlotte has abandoned horse riding? certainly she does not participate in all competitions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Weird that she is living in Rome and yet competing in Bretagne. Why make the horses travel that far?

Specially since she seems to have completely abandoned her riding exagerated ambitions and seems to be riding just smaller 1.15-1.20 competitions with just two horses. It seems nonsensical to make the poor beasts travel so far away in the middel of the summerto ride a small 1'20 amateur competition and entering a CSI when every local barn in every region in europe offers that kind of competition.
Maybe it's part of her deal with Gucci and she has to attend a certain number of glamourous competitions per year.

Last edited:
:previous:
These trained horses are used to frequent displacements. And they travel in the very best circumstances, some even with airconditioned trucks.

Shame that she did not go far with horse riding, as Zara Phillips Tindall did.

Horses travel all over the world to show...European horses come to North America...horses from North (and South) America go to Europe etc etc.

They get used to it. It's really no big deal.

LaRae

Shame that she did not go far with horse riding, as Zara Phillips Tindall did.

In my opinion Charlotte seemed less committed to horse riding than Zara is (i could be wrong ofcourse)

For some reason i get a vibe from Zara that she'd go watch riding competitions in her spare time, from Charlotte i get a vibe that she goes yachting in her spare time..

In my opinion Charlotte seemed less committed to horse riding than Zara is (i could be wrong ofcourse)

Former rider (I showed and worked with trainers growing up) ...IMO she's not that committed to riding. It's more of something she does as a hobby, which is fine, except the type of riding she does, at the level she does, she is at higher risk for injury to herself or her horses by not being dedicated to it.

LaRae

:previous:
These trained horses are used to frequent displacements. And they travel in the very best circumstances, some even with airconditioned trucks.

Top level horses do travel long distances frequently, since the top level events are held in distant locations.
I've never seen a horse travelling 2.000 kms to take part in a 1.15 competition. It's silly. No matter how well conditioned the vans are, horses still feel the trip.

Zara Phillips and Charlotte are not in the same league by many many miles.

Zara has pro level.

Charlotte is an amateur who used to talk about how she wanted to become pro and go to the Olympics and blah, blah, but she was delusional. She was never even close.

A few months ago, Pénélope Leprevost, the best french woman rider and one of the best in the world was in a tv show and she got a question about Charlotte and her equestrian level. You can wacht it at minute 1:20
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4n-D-cdRmnE

The funny thing is that since Charlotte seems to have accepted that she is simply an amateur her results are not as bad as she used to be. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

The two ladies are non comparable. Zara has spent a huge part of her life almost only riding. She is a gifted and persevering athlete and she has reached Olympic level.
Charlotte is very far from this.
People is insisting that Charlotte is not working hard to reach a better level etc etc
Nevertheless there is a very important factor, the most important in all this: talent! A great athlete is made by hard physical work, mental condition but first of all he has to be gifted.
And Charlotte is not gifted to become a great Olympic rider, she should know it and this is the reason she does not go further. No reason to have more pain in exercising, results won't be extremely high.
She lives her personal and social life, she rides like a hobby and that is.

Back
Top Bottom