Charlotte Casiraghi's equestrian career

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Maybe not abdominal bloat, but I speak from experience when I say that severe back pain can restrict your movement significantly, and that can, in turn, lead to an increase in girth because of non-use of abdominal muscles. But it would have to be over a period of time.

Well, having seen those most recent photos of Charlotte out shopping carrying what appear to be quite heavy bags, I have changed my mind. If she had a really bad back she wouldn't be carrying heavy bags, so there must be some other reason for her increasing girth.

Ok anyone have a link to the photos showing her weight gain? I haven't found any yet.

Ah she definately looks pregnant in the white outfit.

LaRae

I guess we'd have to wait for an official announcement or until she's really showing. But if she really is pregnant, Congratulations to her & Gad!

Yup- and if its true, I can't see her ever competing again. It's just too good a reason to walk away and I think she's been looking for one

I wonder what she is going to do with her horses now that she is pregnant...will she totally quit and sell them? Or will she keep them and ride occasionally after the child is born?
Al in al I think it is a good decision for her to stay away from competitions...in my opinion she is just not talented enough for the high sport...(unlike Jessica Springsteen or Georgina Bloomberg for example; Charlotte was always doing the whole horse and competition thing half-hearted... It is good for her that she is now focussing on a new "project"...;-)

How many horses typically does a competitor have in the sport that Charlotte participates in?

Yep. :(

And Charlotte proves all her detractors right, unfortunately...

Sorry, what do you mean? that if Charlotte was a "serious" rider, she would not have a baby?
It means that Zara Philips should never have kids?

Sorry, what do you mean? that if Charlotte was a "serious" rider, she would not have a baby?
It means that Zara Philips should never have kids?

No, lots of serious professional riders have children at some point in their career- it's a sport where people can compete for a long time. But generally it's planned around their career and they get back to riding as soon as they can.

I could be totally wrong- and if I am, I'll be happy to say so when we see her compete again. I just think she's probably going to use this as an easy out from a "career" that's been floundering since she started.

agogo said:
How many horses typically does a competitor have in the sport that Charlotte participates in?

The number of horses can be variable. And it depends on how many horses you can afford.So there is no typically number of horses you have when you are an Amateur show jumper. I read that Georgina Bloomberg has got 9 horses... Charlotte owns at least two horses, I think. One is called Tintero, I don't remember the name of the others...

Personally I don't think that she will come back to show jumping...instead she might be more in organization and promoting of this sport involved...

I believe one of her horses is leased. She could just let the lease on that one expire. She could also lease out the ones she owns for a year, but that can be risky. The horse can be ruined or crippled by a bad rider. Once the know that stopping at a jump is a possibility, it is impossible to unring that bell. She may just have her coach keep them fit while she's off. Though I personally rode until my 7th month. I stopped jumping at 18 weeks.

Very useful link, Chelsea923. :)

So Charlotte has:

Costa Virgio - riden mainly by Thierry Rozier
CARRYDUFF Z - riden mainly by Thierry
RUBINS QUIBELLE - Charlotte used to compete with it but since her last competition a certain Jennifer Meylan is riding it

She also uses to compete with MADISON D'OLGY, which belongs to S.A.R.L. LA MARTINIERE and that Jennifer Meylan also rides it.

These are the horses she competed with in 2013 and 2012.

Now, if we go back in time, she also owns:
Turbo - She used to ride it in the very beginning (2009/2010/2011), but the last time she rode it was in October 2011. Since than Michel Gruhn and Jennifer Meylan have been riding it.
ROCK'N ROLL 9 - She competed with it a couple of times in 2011, then Thierry competed twice in early 2012 and then nothing.

The two main horses when she re-started her "career" were GI Joe and Tintero:
GI Joe - Owned by E.U.R.L. ROBERT MICHEL. Riden by Charlotte and Thierry, and then other people in 2011 and then nothing.
Tintero doesn't appear.

So, she owns 5 horses. two of them riden mainly by Thierry and the others riden by Charlotte and some other people. The horses she used in 2009-2011 aren't seen anymore in competitions.
This all sounds quite weird from me. I don't understand much of equestrian, so maybe other members may explain this better. But doesn't she lack consistency and coherence over time? She buys a new horse, competes with it and then it either goes to Thierry and is never seen again...

^thats because she's not a good rider and her "career" has been a bit of a farce. There's many comments in this thread explaining her riding issues

If Char is allegedly pregnant I am confounded as to why she is not married first.As for her equestrian career well that may have just fallen by the wayside.

the Monaco family has never been one to let marriage get in way of making babies and why? zara Phillips is going to ride has long as possible, have the kid, probably hire a nanny and get back in saddle. would be no different for char.

A couple of off-topic posts have been removed. Please stay on topic of this thread, which is Charlotte's equestrian career only and not her civil status or the like - thanks!

Charlotte's results for this week-end: Friday-13/85 on Madison D'Olgy at 1.05 meters, 56/101 on Ruebens Quibelle at 1.15, Saturday-44/77 at 1.05 and 69/114 at 1.15, Sunday-79/95 at 1.10m.

Surprised to see her back so soon. Wasn't expecting her to continue after having Raphael.

It's a perfectly reasonable amount of time to recover from an uneventful VB. I was back on 2 weeks to the day and back in the competition ring 6 weeks later. Obviously if you have a C section or a lot of stitches, that's a different matter.

^ Personally, I wasn't expecting her to remain interested in participating herself.

^ Personally, I wasn't expecting her to remain interested in participating herself.

Me too... i had the impression that the competitions were starting to get difficult for her and the pregnancy/baby would be a nice way to end that part of her life, but apparently she really likes horse-jumping and wishes to continue, so i stand corrected :flowers:

Me too... i had the impression that the competitions were starting to get difficult for her and the pregnancy/baby would be a nice way to end that part of her life, but apparently she really likes horse-jumping and wishes to continue, so i stand corrected :flowers:

Same! I fully expected her to bow out.

Good to see her back

Back
Top Bottom