Charlotte Casiraghi's equestrian career

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm getting back into it after child birth, so it's been a bit slow - kids come first! I'm not in it to compete, but enjoy jumping and a good hack from time-to-time.

It is one of the most difficult, if not the most, sport in the world as you're facing with yourself and another living being, the horse.

I started out when I was 6 so I picked up really fast and I have been riding for 10 years now but the joy never gets less. Not ever. Nothing comes close to the feeling of connecting and getting better.

I, too, started as a kid - my parents weren't in favor of it since it is a live animal w/a mind of it's own, and a dangerous sport; I rode a lot w/out their knowledge, but once my Mother saw how much I loved it and that I was actually pretty good, they let me ride and supported me. I hope our kids love the sport, but won't be heart broken if they choose another sport.....

I wonder if Alex does or will ride/compete?

I'm sure she rides. They all know how to ride, but only time will tell if she ever competes.

Alex is not a she.
He probably only pets them and occasionaly might do a round.

It depends - is Alex short for Alexander or Alexandra?

SORRY:ROFLMAO: I should have specified that I was referring to Princess Alexandra!!;)

Well, in that case; Mother and sister ride. It's only natural for her to atleast learn.

Yes, i agree with both of you, Horseygal and Empress Merel!
I love horse riding because you are with the animal!
It is a really nice connection that no other sport offers it..
And horses are one of my favourite animals.
I find them very clever and with a great instict..:flowers:

P.S. Thanks for the pictures Iceflower, they are very beautiful!
Good to see that the family supports Char so much! That must encourage her a lot!

We can reasonably expect Charlotte will be in the Jump Bost in Barbizon this weekend. She and GI Joe made their debut together at this event last year. Of course, it was also the occasion for her first equestrian participation after a hiatus of about, or nearly four years.

Official site: Jump Bost - Barbizon - 26-28 March 2010

Pardon me - I don't know much about jumping. Why does the horse wear the crochet type cap? Is this for looks or does it have a function? Thanks

Won't she attend the Rose Ball event ?
Because the date of the jumping race is on 26 till 28 of March.

We'll have to see about that given the date. Of course she could compete and then fly/drive back to Monaco for the night. I'd actually rather her compete. I'm not looking forward to her Rose Ball dress. Although last year was a vast improvement from previous years.:whistling:

Pardon me - I don't know much about jumping. Why does the horse wear the crochet type cap? Is this for looks or does it have a function? Thanks
Around the ears? It reduces the amount of noise the horse hears. Probably demps around 80%

We'll have to see about that given the date. Of course she could compete and then fly/drive back to Monaco for the night. I'd actually rather her compete. I'm not looking forward to her Rose Ball dress. Although last year was a vast improvement from previous years.:whistling:

It seems the kids don't attend, as frequently, as they used to; it would be great if all 3 attended w/their significant others, but we'll see.

I know. I think the last time was 2006 when they were all there---Andrea, Char and Pierre. Char and Pierre seem like shoe-ins though. It seems like Andrea is the one who goes on and off. We'll see though. I still hope she manages to attend the Barbizon event though.

Charlotte looks GREAT! She also has a strong partner - here's to a long, successful career for both!

That must be Troy, the chesnut. We hadn't seen pics of him yet. Looks like a powerful horse.
Now, she only needs to get rid of the hideous helmet (althought to be fair, this one is much much better than the previous one with the chin piece and the horrid transparent straps:eek:!)

Yes, that's right, he's got to be Troy. I like the looks of him. 10 years old, he's actually the youngest of the three. He's beautiful. I'm usually not overly enamored of the chestnuts but I like this one a lot.

I know she might be at the Rose Ball, is it tomorrow night? Well, just in case, here is the link where you can keep tabs on the Barbizon results: jump-results.com

The only results up right now are for the very first competition, Ep.1/1m15. She didn't do that one.

I agree, kells. I hope she does this instead of the ball. The ball is boring. :) But I like her dresses usually. I was a big fan of the 2006 gown, which I know some of you didn't like.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think my favorite Rose Ball outfit of hers was last year's. She looked absolutely stunning. But she's either hit or miss anyway. Too often, her look is just matronly and not age-appropriate. And if not that, it's boring. Always black and always Chanel. There are so many other awesome (and, ahem, better IMO) designers than Karl---McQueen, Saab, Yves Saint Laurent, Oscar de la Renta, Andrew Gn. But I'm ranting now. Sorry.

The best thing is you can never go wrong with a neat, chic equestrian outfit. That is why I love this thread.

^Oh yeah, she did look great in the 2009 Rose Ball. I remember hating her 2007 gown, though I can't even picture it well, haha. 2008 was pretty boring gown, and 2009 really great.

East News press agency has some pics of Charlotte on 13th March in Villeneuve Loubet. Here is the link: East News - agencja fotograficzna
You have to have a membership to enlarge the pics, unless there is a "trick" I don't know about. :whistling:

Some pics from March 13 are also posted on the previous pages
here, please don't forget that this is not a thread about Charlotte's
fashion nor about the Rose Ball!

Princess Caroline supporting Charlotte during the Villeneuve
Loubet Tournament on March 14, 2010. Charlotte herself
is not pictured, but as we've had several pics of the event
here, I post them here as well:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** gallery **

Charlotte's Other Trainer

This is a blast from the past, sort of. It's actually a photo from last November in Doha, Qatar, were the Global Champions Tour final was held. But since the person in the picture is Philippe Rozier, it's kind of a blast from the past. Philippe seemed to be in charge of Charlotte's training in 2001 but later in the year Thierry took over. I always assumed the reason was Philippe had to focus on his own career. Thierry has had a very active career himself, but it's been rather bumpy. I remember there was a drugs scandal (he was accused of injecting his horses, or something, and I think he was found guilty and suspended for a time, but now he's back in the game, and then he appealed the decision, or something. I haven't checked in on the case so please set me straight if necessary.:cool:) Anyway, both Rozier brothers have been active in the Global Champions Tour. See picture: Philippe Rozier, Doha, November 2009 (Source: Mauro Capovilla via Global Champions Tour's Facebook Fan Page).

Back
Top Bottom