Charlotte Casiraghi's equestrian career

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Athina and Edwina are going to compete today, but still no sign of Charlotte.
Maybe is she going to have a break? We can always dream of her deciding to compete in highless jumpings, to improve before coming back to GCT...

That would be nice, if she had taken that decision. But my bet is... that she is somewhere far away from France, with Gad, and that's why nobody has seen them in a while. somewhere summery and with nice beaches.

Well may be she is so farway from France, in the middle of the Indian Ocean, in the Scaramanga's island beach, drinking Dom Pérignon, with Prunier Caviar and salmon balik with Mozzarella ... accompanied with the Tintin 14ª personage Omar Ben Salaad.
[Someone in the past accuse me ... I was (a fantastic bit of science-fiction)]

For you my dear, and respect friend; Lovelykate:

The reason why Athina Onassis, and Edwina Tops, are in the Showjumping of Bordeaux, is because they are professionals Amazons, and have the right to be there; because of the rules of ranking.

CHAR. is a low level amateur rider, and the reality of the Showjumping is ... she was not invited ... by the O.C. of Bordeaux.

I´m sorry again ... refer what has been written by me (in the past notes) in this thread, and unfortunately ... I need to writing again ... there is a lot of people who dont know anything about CSI 5* World, and the rules of FEI.org.

(post 1516)
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f36/charlotte-casiraghis-equestrian-career-24455-76.html

ShowJumping it´s not a Catwalk/walkway vanities for spoiled boys, or girls; who arrived in the last minute for the flash cameras, of the paparazzos !!!

The O.C. of Bordeaux, NOT INVITED CHAR. or any foreign athlete, this year. (see PDF Attach, please.)

They preferred invited, or bet in the junior/young French rider, if you had a particular attention, could read; and see, that ... in the results of the Shows ... you do not see there any foreign rider, or Amazons abroad ... ... or do you see any ?

There are only two ways to participate in Rolex FEI World Cup:
(Different from the GCT)

- By ranking, or
- OC Wild Cards.

CHAR. dont have (for obvious reasons) ranking to participate in ANY of Showjumping, even those with CSI 1* ... sooo ... guess what ???

Monaco athletes was not inveted.
Fiche technique Jumping - Jumping

The rules of FEI exist ... ShowJumping it´s not a Catwalk/walkway vanities for spoiled boys, or girls; who arrived in the last minute for the flash cameras, of the paparazzos !!!

No matter you are the Sheikh Shakhboot Bin Nahyan Al Nahyan LTD. without Wild Cards... ... Jump Off !!!

No matter you are the daughter of the lovely Caroline of Monaco, without ranking FEI, you are ... Jump Off !!!

ShowJumping it´s not a Catwalk/walkway vanities for spoiled boys, or girls; who arrived in the last minute for the flash cameras, of the paparazzos !!!

There are rules, and they must be met !!!

I do not come here to write in my will, you have all the oficial documents who proves everything above.

Avant-programme - Schedule - Jumping

So ... learn and live & live and learn ... because I not born with a master degree, I learn before it !!!

If any of you have any questions, if I know ... be my guess.

Its night fever, but ... ... ... no drugs !!!

Attachments

• ReglementCavaliersAmateurs2012.pdf
    167.9 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
The FEI calandar is showing a CSI 1* and 2* competition in Nice, France beginning 2/29/12. This is the first time I remember Nice having riding competitions. I can't believe Charlotte would miss this one.

The Hong Kong Masters that was to take place in March, run by the Pessoas, has been cancelled and delayed until next year. Sounds like not enough interest. The GCT is still planning to go to Shanghai this fall.

:previous: :sad:

you do not like Charlotte Casiraghi, because if you like her ... you do not denouncing here sports schedule, you know she is stalked by the photographers, someone here in the forum informed everyone that Charlotte would participate in sporting events in March, but did not disclose the place to protect the girl, and you came here to be clever.
BAD CONDUCT :ohmy: you do not like Charlotte Casiraghi. :ermm:
what will happen is she will not appear on that events !!!|:eek: to avoid the stupids photographers. :bang:

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you really think the paparazzi are that stupid? They knew long before I did and I am speculating. I also think she is training at another place and did not disclose that. Again speculation on my part. If she does go to Nice, she will be in the public eye because she is trying to get publicity for this event. The royal family often helps promote events in neighboring towns. I did not disclose anything but the obvious.

MarieAntoinette,
Athina Onassis is not a professional. She is an amateur. She also paid a world record price of $2.5 Million when she bought Doda Picolien Zeldenrust, in theory for the Olympics, and the mare promptly dropped off the map.

Athina was a professional this year. She rode in the GCT 5* events and actually did pretty good. She is now ranked in the 200 range on the Rolex listings. She is pretty accurate in her jumping but is still much slower that the top 50 riders. She won prize money in several competitions. I am pretty sure she will qualify for the Olympics this summer as a rider for Greece. She is ranked the number one rider for Greece in the Rolex rankings.

Athina has certainly improved, FanofMonaco, but she won't be in the olympics since Greece has not qualified.
That's why I don't understand when people say that Charlotte has chances to go to the olympics because Monaco is a small country. It makes no sense.
There are 2 ways to enter the olympics: either your country qualifies and you go as part of the team, or you are an excepcional rider and even if your country does not qualify you can ride as individual rider.
Monaco does not have any top level riders, so it will never qualify as a country.

Charlotte could only qualify as an individual rider but they are only 3 places asigned for individual western european riders and she would have to compete with every other european riders from big countries. Even in her wildest she will never be among those 3 best western european riders.
That's why she has no chance at all to go to the olympics, she will never have and that Rozier guy is a rascal to try to sell that dream to her and she is either awfully pretentious or awfully gullible to buy it.

Athina's chances are also poor because Greece doesn't have a great team either, but at the rate she is improving she could maybe qualify as an individual rider in the future.

Edit: I'll try to explain it a little bit better.
If I make no mistake (I'm not checking any official website and speak only by memory)

These are the western european countries classified for the olympics:

U.K. (as organizers)
Germany
France
Belgium
The Netherlands
Sweden
Swizerland

The are only 3 spots left for the 3 best individual riders of the other western european countries: ireland, spain, italy, portugal, greece, luxembourg, norway, danmark, austria, malta... and the irish, the spaniards and the portuguese are fighting hard to get them.

Frankly, Charlotte has no chance at all to ever beat so many riders and be among the 3 better riders of all the remaining countries of western europe.
And this year it was easier because there was an extra spot for western europe because the olympics are organized in London! In the next years it will be even more difficult.

She will never go to the olympics, Thierry knows it and she should know it.

Last edited:
The teams only take up 28 slots. There are 75 slots in London. The top 35 riders I think also are guanteed to go but many of them will also be on the teams so they will take up less than that. The remaining countries that don't already have a representative will have to compete for the final slots. IF it's like the winter olympics they go to a competition a week before the actual olympics. I am guessing that riding is like bobsledding and that most countries don't have a riding team or person period. I also got the impression that the equestrian venue in London is smaller that usual so the number of slots changes with each Olympics. Monaco always sends a summer and winter olympic team. If entry were based purely on skill level they rarely would be able to send anyone. There didn't use to be any skill level for entry but people were going who barely knew their sport so they started adding some minimum restrictions. In show jumping it would be that you have to be at least at the 5*level. I'm not sure on that. I think the actual FEI rules say that you just have to be certified as being a safe rider. eg. you can ride well enough not to harm yourself or your horse.

Last edited:
I have no idea how the slots are distributed in other sports, but I am 100% sure about showjumping and it works the way I explainded above.

Yes, they are slots for individual riders but they are distributed geographically and western europe has only 3 slots

Only 3 western european riders non belonging to any of the classified countries will get a chance to ride in the olympics.

And right now those 3 slots are occupied by 2 irish (denis lynch and billy twomey) and 1 portuguese (luziana diniz). The 4th in the list is Sergio Álvarez Moya and only if he manages to advance the portuguese girl will Spain get a chance to have a rider in the olympics.

I don't remember who's the 5th rider but he is far away in the lists. Only 3 of the 4 persons I named above will be in the olimpics.
Athina won't be there this year, she is too far away in the lists and there is no way that she can make the cut.

And Charlotte will never be there.

Edit: I just checked the FEI list. Luziana Diniz, the 3rd current classified has 1878 points. Sergio Álvarez is 4th with 1735 points and rather far away another irish Shane Breen is 5th with 1358 points. Athina has only 475 points and there are I don't know how many italians, irish, spaniards, portuguese, danish, norwegian and austrian riders between her and the 3rd slot.

An awful lot of riders will have to die or break a limb in the next few months for her to even have the slightlest chance to go to London.

Last edited:
Those are just the regular rankings. You may be right. I am not an expert. We will just have to wait and see.

Those are the rankings that are used to fill the slots. The first slots were filled at the Ecuestrian Games, then a few more last september during the european championship celebrated in Madrid.
There are only 3 slots remaining for western europe and they will be occupied by the 3 fist riders in the FEI ranking non belonging to any of the classified countries.

You can have a look at the classification rules, aswell, they are posted here. As you can see, they are only 3 slots left for western europe.

http://www.fei.org/sites/default/files/file/EVENTS/GAMES/OLYMPIC_GAMES/London%202012%20-%20Qualification%20System%20-%20Jumping%20-%20EN_updated%2006Jan12.pdf

Only, I'm just thinking... is Greece considered western or central/east europe?
Fandesacs! Can you help us here?

Last edited by a moderator:
MarieAntoinette,
Athina Onassis is not a professional. She is an amateur. She also paid a world record price of $2.5 Million when she bought Doda Picolien Zeldenrust, in theory for the Olympics, and the mare promptly dropped off the map.

Excuse me ... PLEASE ... is any one here who realy understand about ShowJumping, with FEI.org rules ????? :bang:

I´m not wrote you are all naive ... but ... you are ALL confuse, FEI.org, with GCT, Olympics, and national events, and worse them that the privat events of ShowJumpings, are starting to appear here, and there. :lol:

PLEASE, wait for my response. :flowers:

Both FanofMonaco and trepstep know quite a lot about show jumping and they've demonstrated that admirably many times in this thread.

Both FanofMonaco and trepstep know quite a lot about show jumping and they've demonstrated that admirably many times in this thread.

Well from FanofMonaco, I dont now ... but from the other is very clever in transport text from the web, from is god ... google. But that is not a crime, is learning, and living or googling. :bang: I dont what nothing bad to both ... :flowers:

If I ask to any of you this:

We have a double/parallel oxer left, and next a vertical on right (with water) ... separate by 12 steps ... which will be the first leg open sequence, and speed horse adjust, without throttle the third obstacle a triple bar, at 7 steps distance, with the horse dunked out, at the (7º) seventh step of the inicial sequence.

Dont forget the horse have ... 1m73 (5' 8") of height. :whistling:

Its easy ... the response is ... two words ... (left leg, or right leg) :lol: (medium trot speed trust, or full trot speed trust) :lol:

???????????????

Last edited:
Oh, God I don't even understand what you're talking about! What's all that alien gibberish about?

You're funnier and funnier!

But, just FYI, horses NEVER trot in showjumping competitions. ;)

Oh, GAD. I don't even understand what you're talking about! What's all that alien gibberish about?

Bonne soirée, dear friend;

If you dont understand ... thats because you admit ... you dont understand nothing about ShowJumping. :lol:

About the trot problem, well ... :lol: my smile speaks for himself.

I assume that you must do the entire parcour at gallop, if sooo ... well you most be the world guinness book of record in ShowJumping, OR your horses die of exhaustion, before you complet the parcour or the event... :lol:

But we live and learn, & learn and live. :flowers:

Last edited:
Thanks for the rules TrepStep. That was very interesting but very confusing. It said the Olympic rankings will come out on March 1. It showed Monaco in Southern Europe but there were still about 4 very strong countries in that group. It does sound harder than I thought. What was Thierry Rozier talking about then? If Charlotte did have to qualify based on the rankings it will be difficult for her. That makes Rozier look like an idiot. At least showjumping is something you can take decades to learn, unlike most sports where you are finished at 30.

Oh, God I don't even understand what you're talking about! What's all that alien gibberish about?

You're funnier and funnier!

But, just FYI, horses NEVER trot in showjumping competitions. ;)

LOL, I find the ignore function works wonderfully in cases like this.

Thanks for the rules TrepStep. That was very interesting but very confusing. It said the Olympic rankings will come out on March 1. It showed Monaco in Southern Europe but there were still about 4 very strong countries in that group. It does sound harder than I thought. What was Thierry Rozier talking about then? If Charlotte did have to qualify based on the rankings it will be difficult for her. That makes Rozier look like an idiot. At least showjumping is something you can take decades to learn, unlike most sports where you are finished at 30.

Exactly. That's one of the reasons I don't like Rozier at all. I don't know who he's trying to fool, Charlotte or the press but in either case he is not honest.

If you read the qualification rules (they are long anb boring so, I don't know if you read all of it;)) you will see that Monaco does not compete only against southern europe, since riders in geographical groups A and B are in the same qualification group and compete against each other, and so Monaco is not only against the stronger equestrian countries in europe (uk, france, germany, netherlands, belgium) but also against countries like ireland, portugal, spain, italy, all the scandinavian countries, switzeland), countries from both northern and southern western europe!

I really don't think how she will ever manage to qualify and I can't understand how she can believe Thierry if she believes him, or if she doesn't how does she allow him to say such a thing in public.
I would be terribly embarrased because you can fool the general public who reads fashion magazines but you can't fool your fellow riders.

With Athina, on the other hand, I made a big mistake! I don't know why I was asuming all the time that she was in the western european group.

It's still difficult for her because if I remember correctly there is only 1 slot for all those countries and currently it's Katharina Offel from Ukranie who's got it.
She has no chance to be qualified for london because if I counted right there are something like 15 people from group C with more points than her, but since this is only her first year doing 5* she probably has a good chance to go to the olympics in the future.

As you said, that's the good thing about this sport, careers are very very long!

Last edited:
LOL, I find the ignore function works wonderfully in cases like this.

Yes its very LOL the mask of them fell to the ground, ignore to disguise the bad moon, they dont understand nothing from show jumping, and the rozier are stupids idiots, like they (above) said - thats way they (roziers) win races - LOL. ah ah aah ahh

The other said: What's all that alien gibberish about ?

weel ... the expresions like oxers, verticals, triple bars, steps distances, horse dunked out, left leg, full trot, right leg, medium trot speed, are common among equestrian facilities - if they dont know, or dont what to know thast because they dont understand nothing from show jumping, they can not find this in the google search engine ... ah ah aah ... because is soo tecnical.
out of the jokers: the expressions (first leg open sequence), means the eternal technique quarrel between the past and the avant-garde in the case of teaching the stick or the guide, as they say here in spain. Just people inside the horse activity know this terms. i repeat again they can not find this in the google search engine ... LOL ... because is so tecnical thast way they can not answer LOL ...

they dont understand nothing from show jumping. Sorry to by so honest.

Last edited:
She is apparently taking a break from her heavy training schedule:rolleyes: to attend a polo match in Dubai

NGalitzine said:
She is apparently taking a break from her heavy training schedule:rolleyes: to attend a polo match in Dubai

Yea, she's not going to be improving her riding any time soon.

Sounds like also March 6 she is officially a supermodel with Gucci. I think we have established that she is now pursuing riding as a hobby.

FanofMonaco said:
Sounds like also March 6 she is officially a supermodel with Gucci. I think we have established that she is now pursuing riding as a hobby.

I have a feeling she'll ride less often this year and then quietly quit. She never does well and more often than not, she looks terrified. I think she's moved on or is getting ready to.

^ I'm curious to see what she'll do as a model for Gucci. I wasn't very convinced by her pics for Vogue. One more time she starts a new "job" by the upper way: pics for Vogue, campaign for Gucci... I won't say she's a supermodel. Gisele B., Daria W. etc are supermodels, they proved it. Charlotte only begins in this way: she's pretty, but posing is a real job!
I agree with the theory of Charlotte slowly giving up horse riding. I hope she'll only stop high competition and keep on riding for her pleasure, that's a nice hobby.

Back
Top Bottom