Charlotte Casiraghi, Dimitri Rassam & Family Current Events 44: May 2019 - Jan. 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gad and his father resemble one another.;)

Posts about the religious wedding of Charlotte Casiraghi and Dimitri Rassam today have been moved to our extra thread.

So sweet to see! It's lovely that Raphael still sees Gad regularly. I hope it can continue to stay that way.

Charlotte's little black dress is sooo cute and some black/gold sandals would set it off to perfection, but I don't understand what she has on her feet in those photos...AT ALL.

She continues her newlywed happy glow at least!:cool:

Dimitri decides to get a haircut AFTER his wedding, eh?:whistling:

Carole Bouquet looks chic as usual.

Charlotte has chosen(again) not to participate in the Tour and I am beginning to wonder if the rumors that she has totally given up show jumping are true..i can't remember the last time I saw her ride.:sad:

Last edited:
It's not like her show jumping career was actually going anywhere anyway. ? Hopefully she still manages to ride for fun

Charlotte's little black dress is sooo cute and some black/gold sandals would set it off to perfection, but I don't understand what she has on her feet in those photos...AT ALL.

Charlotte has chosen(again) not to participate in the Tour and I am beginning to wonder if the rumors that she has totally given up show jumping are true..i can't remember the last time I saw her ride.:sad:

I think she has not participated in a few years.

I think Charlotte needs a break.

Charlotte did say her passions were for riding and philosophy. She has been touring with the philosophy book. Charlotte is starting to get bunions on her feet from wearing high heels.
Looks like Dimitri's hair is a different color.

I think she has not participated in a few years.

She participated in the Monaco leg of the Tour in June 2017, it was the one where she presented prizes dressed in a black cocktail dress with ostrich feathers and Dimitri sat in the Princely Box next to Caroline for the first time.

She could not participate in June 2018 because of her pregnancy with Balthazar, and this year the Monaco Tour fell on the weekend of her Church wedding.

I cannot remember her last participation at the Paris event, but maybe since she is now the mother of two little ones she has retired from competing and only rides privately as another poster suggested.

Last edited:

Dimitri will get a haircut when he feels it's no longer 1997. :whistling:

It s not a rumor. She told it to Monaco Matin last month, hence my comment

:previous: I see Pierre/Beatrice as the beautiful Golden Couple and Dimitri/Charlotte as the beautiful Exotic Couple...both very glamorous and striking in their own distinct ways.

It's genetic bingo in Monaco..like watching Greek gods frolic on the Med!

I don't see why things will change. Since they split up they did this way.

I wasn't suggesting that things would change, it was just a lighthearted thought as someone who doesn't know their father - i.e. I'm glad the same isn't for Raphael.

:previous: I see Pierre/Beatrice as the beautiful Golden Couple and Dimitri/Charlotte as the beautiful Exotic Couple...both very glamorous and striking in their own distinct ways.

It's genetic bingo in Monaco..like watching Greek gods frolic on the Med!

Golden and Exotic, I like that. ? Nice way of putting it.

Does someone know if there will be a third wedding party on Pantelleria island ,where Carole Bouquet has a wonderful home?

:previous: That's a good question. I am almost certain that they will visit Pantelleria because they have done so every summer that they have been together.

But I don't know if any additional wedding celebrations are planned there.

Does someone know if there will be a third wedding party on Pantelleria island ,where Carole Bouquet has a wonderful home?

Isn't it already a little late for another wedding celebration??? Besides Louis and Marie's wedding is just around the corner… How many wedding celebrations can a family endure??? :D

What is the main language they speak in the family? I'm not sure what languages Dimtri speaks. I would assume the members of the Monaco family speak French amongst themselves?

LaRae

Dimitri's native language is definitely French, since both his parents were French and he was born and raised in France.

Paris Match reported in the issue devoted to their wedding that Dimitri and Charlotte speak to their children in French, English and occasionally even Italian.

I know for 100% sure Charlotte is completely fluent in all three languages. And I have heard Dimitri speak flawless English with almost no accent, and of course French.

But I have no idea if he speaks Italian. And his late father was not born in France, but in Lebanon.

All of the Grimaldis are very skilled linguists., especially Albert and Caroline.

Last edited:
And Darya Rassam definitely speaks also Russian (her mum's native language).

All of the Grimaldis are very skilled linguists., especially Albert and Caroline.

What do you mean by 'skilled linguists'? That they are bilingual; easily learn new languages or are an expert in the study of languages (for example can explain how one language evolved from another/know all about syntax, semantics and phonetics)?

Dimitri's native language is definitely French, since both his parents were French and he was born and raised in France.

Ah ok..I didn't realize he was raised in France.

LaRae

What do you mean by 'skilled linguists'? That they are bilingual; easily learn new languages or are an expert in the study of languages (for example can explain how one language evolved from another/know all about syntax, semantics and phonetics)?

I meant, quite simply, that they have an excellent grasp of an impressive number of languages...both Caroline and Albert speak French, Spanish, Italian, German, English and perhaps even the local dialect Monagasque.

Caroline's children are perfectly fluent in at least three, not sure about Stephanie's but they do know French and English.

Perhaps "skilled linguist" was not the proper way to describe it.:cool:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom