Charlotte Casiraghi, Dimitri Rassam & Family Current Events 44: May 2019 - Jan. 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't Chi the same magazine that first published the topless photos of the Duchess of Cambridge back in 2011? It seems to be a gossip rag, but as the Casiraghis never announce their pregnancies officially, who knows.

At this point we won't start any pregnancy speculations. Please remember that those rumours come up each and every summer since more than a decade now, whenever Charlotte is seen in swimwear..Thank you for your understanding!

I meant, quite simply, that they have an excellent grasp of an impressive number of languages...both Caroline and Albert speak French, Spanish, Italian, German, English and perhaps even the local dialect Monagasque.

Caroline's children are perfectly fluent in at least three, not sure about Stephanie's but they do know French and English.

Perhaps "skilled linguist" was not the proper way to describe it.:cool:

This is something you see in most royal (and other kind of priviledged) families, and it's mainly due to the chances these children get: Mother speaks language one, often father speaks language two, nanny speaks language three with the child. Once school starts there's the opportunity to start education in language four. Immersing children in various languages from the start is a great way to learn several languages at the same time without any effort. Then if the child grows up and turns out to be linguistically skilled, then can learn even more languages.

I meant, quite simply, that they have an excellent grasp of an impressive number of languages...both Caroline and Albert speak French, Spanish, Italian, German, English and perhaps even the local dialect Monagasque.

Caroline's children are perfectly fluent in at least three, not sure about Stephanie's but they do know French and English.

Perhaps "skilled linguist" was not the proper way to describe it.:cool:

Thanks :flowers: They indeed speak several languages - although I don't know to what level. As Hannelore already mentioned, it's not too hard to learn different languages when you are young. Imo it's a great gift that children of parents speaking different languages have (or those who for other reasons grow up bi- or trilingual). Once you speak multiple languages it also becomes easier to add other languages; although of course, you still have to study and it will come easier to some compared to others.

Last edited:
That film sounds really amazing. I hope to see it released here in the U.S soon.?

I like the way Charlotte dressed down and didn't try to steal the show. I think she did the same thing at Louis and Marie's wedding. Nice thing to do.

Well now Charlotte is a mother of two (+1 stepdaughter) and a newly married woman. Also, she's in her 30's so about time she changed her hairstyle. No longer an ingenue nor a 20-something. Sigh, before you know it she'll be 40. :(

She's so lovely, I hate to see her hide it behind bangs, but I understand. I totally expect a short more grown-up hairstyle to follow...

I'm 100% sure she spoke french.
Both her and Maggiore are seen speaking french y every short video from Segovia. I seriously doubt she speaks any spanish. And even if she is fluent in english it is very diferent to speak a foreign language during a short interview or talking with friends and using a language that is not your mother tongue when debating philosophical questions.

What I wonder about Charlotte is, doesn't she feel unconfortable among "real" philosophers when she knows she's only been translated and invited because she is Caroline's daughter.

Sometimes, I am really amazed at the high concept Charlotte has of herself, When she was riding, she moved among pros as if she was one of them, even if her level was way lower, and now, she behaves as if she believed that she's been translated and invited abroad because of her philosophical wisdom.

Oh my God, Charlotte loves philosophy, she would like everybody loves philosophy. What's wrong ? As she is Princess Caroline 's daughter she can't express her passions? She doesn't pretend to be a philosopher or a teacher, she would like to share her passion without demonstrating nothing.

Simple. You said it yourself. She is no philosopher, she is simply an amateur.

And yet, she is posing as one, giving speaches in philosophical meetings, writing books and having them translated as if she had something to teach,when she's never even written an academic philosophical work and wasn't even able to complete an undergraduate Philosophy program.

She's given the chance simply because if her name. And she seems completely oblivious. She behaves as if she was at the same level than real and prestigious philosophers.

She's not hurting anyone, of course, but I wonder how does she manage not to feel uncomfortable and out of place.

As she did with horses she refuses to work seriously, accept that she is just an amateur and climb her way step by step. She wants to start everything she does at the top. And she gets her way because she is her mother's daughter.

But she doesn't seem to realize it.

I think you are misrepresenting her behavieur. She has created in Monaco a sort of Festival of Philosophy where many important philosophers can express their theories and where they receive some awards. Charlotte is a sort of Patron of this event , not a star . She can use her name for calling important names and capture attention. In the past many aristocrats did so during the centuries . Is this a fault ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom