Caroline's Future Role in Monaco

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AristoCat

Serene Highness
City
Waterford
Country
United States
Anyone have any ideas on how Caroline will cope with no longer being First Lady of Monaco after Albert is married and there is a new official Princess of Monaco?

Anyone have any ideas on how Caroline will cope with no longer being First Lady of Monaco after Albert is married and there is a new official Princess of Monaco?

She can be the "People's Princess" :)

Actually, I do think she'll have a place in people's hearts that Charlene isn't likely to fill anytime soon, particularly since she doesn't speak French.

She was born a Princess of Monaco. She is her fathers daughter, she is her mothers daughter, sister of the sovereign and a well admired public figure.

She'll be fine...

I think PC will basically keep doing what she likes to do; handle the arts and Amade. She will also get out of doing the things she doesn't like doing such as handing out trophies,etc.

I just hope she doesn't cause trouble for Charlene the way Antoinette did for Grace. I don't think she'll like being thrown in the background or seeing Andrea lose his place in the line of succession. She's been grooming Andrea for a very long time and there's little chance that she won't be the littlest bit piqued that Andrea will likely soon be replaced.

Andrea did not lose his place. He never was the heir, it was always Albert. The prince has always admitted his intention to marry.

Last edited by a moderator:
Andrea did not lose his place. He never was the heir, it was always Albert. The prince has always admitted his intention to marry.

I don't - Charlene knew what Albert was like when she said 'yes' last year.

She will have a couple of children and then they will live virtually separate lives - but... they will stay together as Charlene won't give up her rights to the children and to leave Albert will mean exactly that.

Once she is the mother of the heir she will be loved by the public - no doubt about that.

Caroline looked awful at the wedding - way older than her 54 years - probably because her nose is out of joint at losing her position but she has lost it and will go further from it as Charlene has some babies.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, Andrea is still the heir until Charlene gets pregnant.
Anyway, Caroline always said she wanted her brother to get married. Now he got. She will do Amade's stuff and cultural things - which Charlene can't do. And i can see a question coming "Why Charlene can't do cultural things?" Easy: she lacks of education, and until she improves herself, Caroline will have to do the cultural job. Such as, delivering the Prince Pierre Awards, etc.

I don't - Charlene knew what Albert was like when she said 'yes' last year.

She will have a couple of children and then they will live virtually separate lives - but... they will stay together as Charlene won't give up her rights to the children and to leave Albert will mean exactly that.

Once she is the mother of the heir she will be loved by the public - no doubt about that.

Caroline looked awful at the wedding - way older than her 54 years - probably because her nose is out of joint at losing her position but she has lost it and will go further from it as Charlene has some babies.

Ranier really should have remarried and not let Caroline get too used to being First Lady of Monaco for so long. A remarriage would have produced more heirs/heiresses and given Caroline more time to have her own life.

Whose to say that Rainer's remarriage would have produced children.

Caroline did have time to have a life. She had time to have three marriages and four children in addition to representing her country very well while dealing with a lot of personal issues. I say that's having a life.

Frankly, I don't think Caroline cares to be First Lady of Monaco nor did she ever want to be the Soverign Princess. Caroline is no Antoinette...she never wanted/wants the power. If that was the case, she could have put more pressure on both Rainier and Albert. And that is not the case at all. Nor does she appear to want Andrea to become the reigning Sovereign....now his not taking an active role in the Principality makes sense. They must have all had an inkling that he was never to rule. Of course, anything could happen at this point and Albert and Charlene could not have kids but I think everyone is pretty much okay with the way things stand.

She did want any responsible oldest child would do after the death of a parent. She stepped in to fill the void. Frankly if Grace had lived a little longer or Albert had married earlier, most likely there wouldn't have been a need for Caroline to fill the void in Monaco. She would have picked her issue of choice (AMADE) , focused on that and you would have seen her a couple of times a year and that would have been it.

Last edited:
Had that happened and if a boy was conceived then sure that would have altered the line of succession but if any such children were daughters, it wouldn't have made any difference whatsoever. She'd still be in the same 'situation'.

Bad reason to remarry.

I don't think Caroline cares to be First Lady of Monaco nor did she ever want to be the Soverign Princess.

Totally agree.

Last edited:
You never know, these are Grimaldis after all. :p)

Well, Andrea is still the heir until Charlene gets pregnant.
Anyway, Caroline always said she wanted her brother to get married. Now he got. She will do Amade's stuff and cultural things - which Charlene can't do. And i can see a question coming "Why Charlene can't do cultural things?" Easy: she lacks of education, and until she improves herself, Caroline will have to do the cultural job. Such as, delivering the Prince Pierre Awards, etc.

Caroline is the present heir,Andrea comes after his mother .

Whatever it be,one can observe that not only Caroline,but her elder sons were very sad during the ceremony and the evening reception.I think they had a soft feeling of sadness that now if Charlene gives birth to a heir,they lose their eventual accession to the throne of Monaco.
I think Caroline will remain a very important person,but she will remain in shadow while Charlene's role will grow up.

I don't envy them. They all looked almost stricken during the ceremony, apart from the younger ones who coped better than their elders.

I don't envy them. They all looked almost stricken during the ceremony, apart from the younger ones who coped better than their elders.

Of course the family knew what was going on behind the curtains and that would have made anybody sad. It showed to all of them that there are forces at work in Monaco that want to destroy the happiness of the ruling family and that these forces even have moles in the palace. They are all used to the media spinning stories but they of course can imagine that with the fact that the Casiraghis and their mother are losing out on an enormus inheritance as soon as Charlene gives birth to a child a avalanche of new stories are in the making. And now they cannot even be sure that all their staff is loyal as I very much doubt the prince gave permission for "sources at the palace" to reveal any details about the ongoing scandal during his wedding. And poor Charlene.It must be terrible for her to understand finally that there is noone she can trust at the Monegasque court except her husband - but is he trustworthy? Does she really know that now?

She is a sports woman and even with the spectre of doping in the upper ranks of sports, it is still a world where fair competitions are not only possible but the rule. And now she comes to intrigue-rife Mo9naco and realises that some people don't even stop when it comes to destroy her wedding day (and Albert's, of course). Tough thing to realise. I'm glad she found she could trust albert enough to go ahead with the marriage. If that isn't love, I don't know what love is.

I don't think Caroline cares one bit to be first lady of Monaco. And I think Andrea, and indeed all of thie Casiraghi children are thrilled to slowly step away from the spotlight. I doubt the Caroline is hurting for money. Remember, the Casiraghi family is very wealthy and Prince Ernst is pretty well-to-do plus Ranier left Caroline a nice portion upon his death. It was Stephanie that got a bit less in Ranier's will from the little I recall but Albert has made sure she's comfortable. IMO Caroline has always wanted a smaller role
in Monaco. I think Albert has always known that should marry a Hitchkock blonde like his mother and produce heirs that the Monaguasque's could be love. It's a shame Albert gave himself the prescription of a Princess Grace clone rather than someone who can truly stand up to the pressure-filled fishbowl in Monaco.

Princess Caroline's future role has nothing to do with the princesses' looks at the wedding
- please stay on topic of this thread!

Caroline is the most mature of the three siblings. She has AMADE, a world-wide charity trying to better the lives of thousands +

She is President of the Prince Pierre Foundation and is active during the times when new authors and artists are being selected.

Apart from these, she is well known in the arts / music world.

She has a family of four, with a wide age range, and she seems very hands-on with them all.

Last but not least, she knows her own worth - as a woman, as a family member, as a human being.

When I saw Princess' Caroline look at the official dinner I had a kind of illumination. This look reflects which role Caroline herself plans to have since Albert's wedding: She is leaving the place to Charlene!

The choice of outfit was like a kind of official "hand over". She appeared on "queen dowager', with a blue dress, not very young, not very nice, quite low hills. She put voluntary off her previous sparkling!

Now the limelight goes to Charlene, SHE is the first lady. Caroline will still be there, but as second. She will of course continue her personnal tasks, (Amade, Ballets, etc, etc) but one step behind.

I very much doubt that the Monegasques will acquiesce to that.
The have had Caroline as the mainstay of the whole operation, ever since Grace died.

In a previous thread, someone said: Caroline is the Matriarch. And I agree. She is cut out for it, the others don't.

She has done her duty, leave her in peace.

Caroline was unexpectedly, and sadly, handed a duty as First Lady of Monaco that she never wanted nor expected, but nevertheless assumed as the eldest daughter of Prince Rainier & Princess Grace. And she's done a remarkable job these past 29 years, filled in for her mother, and for her brother whilst he remained unmarried.

Now, alas, her job as First Lady of Monaco is over, and she can hand that position over to Albert's wife, while still maintaining and being in charge of her favorite charities, ballet, opera, et al. But without that intense harsh spotlight on her at all times. She has the best of both worlds. :)

And I'm sure she will help her new sister-in-law with the transition should Charlene need it. :)

But in the meantime, enjoy your newfound freedom and privacy, Caroline, you've more than earned it! :flowers:

ETA: one of my favorite videos is of Princess Stephanie teasing Prince Albert about "when is he going to get married" in 1997, during the 700 Year Anniversary of the Reign of the House of Grimaldi. Though said lightly, I know the family was waiting & waiting & waiting for it. Alas, it finally came to pass! SALUT! :cheers:

Last edited:
I'm sure she was unhappy on Charlene and Albert's wedding and there was sth problematic with her. And i think this has sth to do with her role in Monaco. Of course the Monegasques admire/love her and will always do that but i don't think that's enough for her. From what i usually confront, she is a woman who wants to be seen everywhere and adores money and limelight. Why did she marry Ernst? I doubt there was love between them. It was just money and title. There was a chance to be among the princes and kings of the other countries. Why did she marry Ernst? She even knew - and that was familiar - that he drinks a lot and has no good manners! It's not good to have a drunkard by your side. Let alone when you want to have a nice profile and don't create further problems in your life! He had even a wife, Chantal, who was also one of Caro's best friends..! And she separated them. Just because i'm going out of topic, i don't really know what's Caroline's future in the palace and in Monaco, but i know that she will try to have power because she seems to want that. It's not my intention to sound hard to you. Especially to those who like Caroline.

Last edited:
Sorry to be awkward (again), but there is no such title as "First Lady of Monaco".

There is only "Princesse the Monaco", and, with the coming of Charlène, there will now be three Princesses of Monaco.

I'm sure she was unhappy on Charlene and Albert's wedding and there was sth problematic with her. And i think this has sth to do with her role in Monaco. Of course the Monegasques admire/love her and will always do that but i don't think that's enough for her. From what i usually confront, she is a woman who wants to be seen everywhere and adores money and limelight. Why did she marry Ernst? I doubt there was love between them. It was just money and title. There was a chance to be among the princes and kings of the other countries. Why did she marry Ernst? She even knew - and that was familiar - that he drinks a lot and has no good manners! It's not good to have a drunkard by your side. Let alone when you want to have a nice profile and don't create further problems in your life! He had even a wife, Chantal, who was also one of Caro's best friends..! And she separated them. Just because i'm going out of topic, i don't really know what's Caroline's future in the palace and in Monaco, but i know that she will try to have power because she seems to want that. It's not my intention to sound hard to you. Especially to those who like Caroline.

Can you provide any proof to support the following statements:

1) Caroline was sad to lose her position as First Lady of Monaco? And you know this how, did she give an interview saying so?

2) Marrying Ernst for title and money? Caroline has enough money and wasn't impressed about the title the first time around when Grace wanted her to marry him. Again, do you have anything to support such a statemetn.

3) Caroline adores the limelight and the attention? I guess you can explain the lawsuits with the press about the violation of privacy. If Caroline was all about the limelight, she would have made her business to be front in center in the days before the wedding and would have tried to hog the limelight at the wedding. I don't think was the case at all.

Not going to even address the Chantal Ernest saga...that has no place in this thread.

I agree with the sentiment that Caroline will again continue to support the charities and issues that mean the world to her. She didn't do it for fame. Caroline has had plenty of fame and attention since she was born.

Last edited:
Why should i have a proof about what i say? It is just my opinion! I'm not talking in front of a trial. I'm not of course trying to convince anybody with my words. Opinion equals no truth. It is just the impression she has given to me.

We are entitled to our opinions but you are stating your opinions as fact, from your post above:

"Why did she marry Ernst? I doubt there was love between them. It was just money and title" such a statement implies that you know that Caroline did not marry for love but rather money and titles.

"From what i usually confront, she is a woman who wants to be seen everywhere and adores money and limelight." again stating as fact when IMO Caroline appears to do what is necessary but shuns the limelight.

If you are going to state opinions as facts, people are going to ask you to support such statements. Per the TRF rules:

Whenever possible, opinions should be based on factual information obtained from reputable sources and should be backed up by references to those sources. The moderators reserve the right to delete posts containing the more fanciful types of gossip and speculation, whether they originate in gossip magazines and websites or are simply fabricated.

I'll be cautious from now on. Thank you for reminding it to me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom