Caroline as a mom

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kells

Courtier
City
columbia
Country
United States
I've always wondered about this, but now I'm asking what do you guys think Caroline is like as a mom? I mean, I've heard such various supports on her personality, she's either bossy and brutal, or generous and serious. And do you think Charlotte is her favorite? There are alot of pics of her being affectionate with all her children, but especially Charlotte, or maybe she just knows that her boys aren't fond of that?

Any thoughts?

I think she's normal mother,she lost a lot of space to her children's freedom.I heared that she's kind of tender,good mothers.I think she loves very much her children and children love her.Certainly she has disadvantages as everyone and it's diffcult to be always perfect when you are celebrity and public figure...By the way,she's smart and I'm sure she knows what is really important.And the most important is family!:D

IMOP I think Caroline has made a very good Mum. She has steered her children through some difficult times when they lost their father & her subsequent remarriage. The family appear to be all get along as witnessed by the many family get togethers we get picures of such as skiing trips. Caroline had of course excellent role models in her own parents, & the children seem to have had plenty of attention/affection throughout their early years. As we don't know the family, it would be difficult to make any judgments about a favourite, but I guess Caroline & Charlotte enjoy doing mother & daughter things.

hi everybody! my computer is broken so i have to use my father´s.... :(
(only some week-ends..)

i like this thread.well, i have heard that Caroline´s favourite is Pierre, and that she´s very serious and strict. i don´t know if it´s true, but i´m sure she´s a very good mom because her children love her a lot, and they are the only people who can judge her as a mom.

I've always wondered about this, but now I'm asking what do you guys think Caroline is like as a mom? I mean, I've heard such various supports on her personality, she's either bossy and brutal, or generous and serious. And do you think Charlotte is her favorite? There are alot of pics of her being affectionate with all her children, but especially Charlotte, or maybe she just knows that her boys aren't fond of that?

Any thoughts?

when i see photos of caroline with her children, i always think there is something special between charlotte and caroline..
of course she loves all of them, but it seems to me charlotte is her best one.

I would say Caroline's a good mother because, aside from Pierre doing stupid stuff occasionally :)lol:) , her children have turned out to be rather upstanding citizens. Like I said, aside from Pierre doing stupid stuff (most of which was done once he became an adult), you don't see them breaking the law or harassing others. They're in school/have degrees. They have lives outside of their family with friends and hobbies, and they seem to be invested in the morale of Monaco. Andrea may not show up much, but you can always count on Pierre and, to a lesser extent, Charlotte.

Alexandra's too young at this stage to say much about, but she seems to be a bright and cheeky kid just enjoying life.

I don't see the need to call for favorites. No one wants to hear that, unless they're an only child. Charlotte and Caroline have the bond of not only being mother and daughter, but also women so you will undoubtebly see a strong relationship between them. I'm sure Caroline loves each of her children as equally as she can in their own special ways.

She seems like a a great mom,really active and in touch with her children,instead of having a huge staff and not being involved like many wealthy European ladies.I wish she didn't smoke around the children,and that she dressed Alexandra as well as she did Charlotte, but she is a very busy woman so of course there are priorities.

It is true however that Charlotte and Alexandra are from two different times. Charlotte a child of the 90's and Alexandra of the 00's. If she dressed Alexandra like Charlotte. The poor girl would be laughed at. Alexandra looks fine I think. She has nice, casual clothes. You should see some things the 9 year olds I work with wear. They're all teenagers at 6 these days. Caroline's a smoker; most smoker's smoke around their children, and it is France.

I love Princess Caroline's photos with children, especially those photos which were captured in late 1980's. I remember a few pics, when Princess Caroline was holding little Andrea on her hands. Princess Caroline' s love to her children made more deep after the death of her second husband. She loves each child as Princess Grace loved them when Caroline and Albert were little children.

What we cane see in pics she is very physical with all of her children when they were younger...also today she is with her daughters...Charlotte seems to be a bit more dependent in past of her mother's presence than Alexandra how looks more independent, strong caracter...

I read an interview of Ms Casiraghi (Stefano's mother) in Paris Match a few years ago. She said that Caroline was such a wonderful mother and that any child would like to have Caroline as a mother !

I have read that interview too, Caroline is for Casiraghi children a mother and a father!

Let's not forget that she is also stepmum to Ernst August's sons Ernsti and Christian...

I think Caroline is a great mother. I always have seen her with her children, so proud and so happy and even the way she dressed them was a sign of this love. After her husband´s death, I think the bond was even stronger. Of course now, they are grown up and have their own lives and she has Alexandra - but I think her relationship with Alexandra is different, loving, but different.

I love Princess Caroline's photos with children, especially those photos which were captured in late 1980's. I remember a few pics, when Princess Caroline was holding little Andrea on her hands. Princess Caroline' s love to her children made more deep after the death of her second husband. She loves each child as Princess Grace loved them when Caroline and Albert were little children.

I agree with you, I think she had loving parents herself and she also looks to be a a very good mother and since it seems that her stepkids like her too and that could have been tricky--so I think that must be saying a lot for the kind of person she must be.:flowers:

I want admit also,that i found "true Caroline" in 1991-1994 when she didn't so much apper in her offcial look..in this time(she was living in Saint-Remy) she was spending a lot of time with her childern,she was wearing jeans,broad shirts,leather jackes and has very nice cut.The children attended to primary school,so she had to look after them and often she picked up them.But now i still think she is great mother,woman and princess:)

It seems to me that Caroline instilled/instills great confidence in her kids. They don't seem afraid at all to express their emotions. They all seem comfortable in their own skin. It seems like Caroline struck a great balance as far as giving her kids breathing space but at the same time establishing boundaries. Her kids, in short, seem to have no doubt as to right and wrong. They can be wild yes, but so far their antics seem pretty harmless. They do seem like essentially good people.

Last edited:
I recall an old interview with Diane Sawyer where she talked about, basically, having a more laid-back approach to child rearing, which allowed her children to live more normal lives, since she decided not to give them titles. The Casiraghi children are - for all intents and purposes - like normal teens becoming adults (difference - they're doing so in the tabloids simply because of their blood relations, not by choice....like the many Hollywood celebutants we can list a string of!!). I don't believe that the type of mother Caroline is has led them to make whatever choices they are making now - they are, for all intents and purposes, adults.....I think she's done a great job with Andrea, Charlotte, Pierre, and is doing a great job with Alexa. She also seems to have a strong bond with EAJr and Christian.

I recall an old interview with Diane Sawyer where she talked about, basically, having a more laid-back approach to child rearing, which allowed her children to live more normal lives, since she decided not to give them titles. The Casiraghi children are - for all intents and purposes - like normal teens becoming adults (difference - they're doing so in the tabloids simply because of their blood relations, not by choice....like the many Hollywood celebutants we can list a string of!!). I don't believe that the type of mother Caroline is has led them to make whatever choices they are making now - they are, for all intents and purposes, adults.....I think she's done a great job with Andrea, Charlotte, Pierre, and is doing a great job with Alexa. She also seems to have a strong bond with EAJr and Christian.
looking at Carolione thru pics thru out the years and her Diane Sawyer interview- I think Caroline "made" friends with her offspring-- if u know what I mean, she dosent seem to be a strickler for the rules with her children they must be good kids- no scandals!

I know what you mean - I believe she was just more relaxed in her parenting style; didn't "talk down" to them, or patronize them - I'm sure she has found that, while mistakes will be made, sometimes the heavy hand isn't the best approach - let them make some mistakes...they have to learn something from them.....

I often think of how my mother and I are friends-something rare which happens between parents and children.Wonder if Charlotte,Andrea,Pierre and Alexandra have that with Caroline.

I remember many years ago, I've read an interview of late Prince Rainier, and he was explaining how wonderful mum is Caroline and that she was raising her children, firmly but gently, and that is was rude for her to fill their father's absence,

Natural

Caro turned out to be a " natural" for the position of motherhood.
I think she excels with children;her own and others.

I like what Princess Caroline said in an interview years ago that (and I'm paraphrasing here) children don't really belong to us, rather they come through us and we can give try to give them the 'keys' to the doors which are right but ultimately they should be allowed the freedom to choose/use those keys or to not use them.

^ Too bad not many people have the key that P. Caroline has. World would be too good to be true.

I like what Princess Caroline said in an interview years ago that (and I'm paraphrasing here) children don't really belong to us, rather they come through us and we can give try to give them the 'keys' to the doors which are right but ultimately they should be allowed the freedom to choose/use those keys or to not use them.
I remember that phrase. It shows how intelligent she is. Because she is right.
As La Bouche d'Or says, it's a pity that not many people have that key.

I think there needs to be a balance between strong parenting and friendship and trust with your kids. My parents didn't use a heavy hand, but they weren't our "best friends" either - they trusted us to respect their guidance, and we respected that they trusted us to make safe/smart decisions. I think parents like Billy Ray Cyrus (father to Miley Cyrus/Hannah Montana) and Deena Lohan who try too hard to extend their young life by having NO rules and offering no parental guidance for their kids (wanting to be their best friend, instead of someone the kids have to listen to and respect) find that living vicariously thru their kids or allowing them carte blance to life so that they can continue to live off them - they find that open parenting fails miserably.....as we see in the news on a regular basis. Who can be proud of a child that is known for their rehab stints, clepto behavior, and videotaped drug use?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom