Caroline and Family - Picture Thread Part 2

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonderful this lovely picture taken in Paris. Never seen that before :flowers:
Many thanks as my mother tongue is french so I understand what this article is written... It's so lovely from Caroline!

Thanks !!!! :)

Here is a picture from Paris-Match, June 2002, where Princess Caroline is accompanying her son to take "the bac", the exam marking the graduation from high school. The caption on the picture says "Caroline offers tenderness to her son as a cheat-sheet." Below, summarized :"Mommy, I am scared !" (have stage fright). "Under his rebellious look, he needed his mommy next to him. Very protective, Caroline gives him last minute advice.You can read anguish on their faces."
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l5/louise_030/scan0002-4.jpg

Wonderful this lovely picture taken in Paris. Never seen that before :flowers:
Many thanks as my mother tongue is french so I understand what this article is written... It's so lovely from Caroline!

Thanks !!!! :)

Thanks, le_ptit_diablotin. It shows again how stong the family ties are. I guess it also shows cultural differences between the U.S and France (or Monaco). I was told that in the U.S, a young man of 18 would rather die than have his mother accompany him to take an important exam. I must say, once, (in Paris), I accompanied a friend of mine who wanted to see her son in between 2 tests over the 2 or 3 days of the bac. He was a bit embarrassed, but we weren't the only adults checking on their children. The Bac is such a big thing in France and the parents are as scared (if not more) than the kids! Have you seen the picture of Caroline taking the bac ? It must be somewhere in the picture threads of the seventies. She looked very cool .(And apparently came unaccompanied. But that would make sense with her mother being the Princess of Monaco.)

Thanks, le_ptit_diablotin. It shows again how stong the family ties are. I guess it also shows cultural differences between the U.S and France (or Monaco). I was told that in the U.S, a young man of 18 would rather die than have his mother accompany him to take an important exam. I must say, once, (in Paris), I accompanied a friend of mine who wanted to see her son in between 2 tests over the 2 or 3 days of the bac. He was a bit embarrassed, but we weren't the only adults checking on their children. The Bac is such a big thing in France and the parents are as scared (if not more) than the kids! Have you seen the picture of Caroline taking the bac ? It must be somewhere in the picture threads of the seventies. She looked very cool .(And apparently came unaccompanied. But that would make sense with her mother being the Princess of Monaco.)

Dear Iloveroyals, I agree what you're feeling about that. The cultural about school and feelings between US and Europe is a bit different. Well, the BAC is very important and big stressed if accepted or lose. If accepted, you can go to University or Hight Graduate School.
Yeah, I really like the real way of life that the Princess Caroline came often unaccompanied without bodyguards during shopping or dining in Paris or anywhere in London, she really like to take just "anonymious" but a bit risked indeed...
Never seen any pictures if Princess Caroline has got BAC from Sorbonne in Paris. I don't remember if her mother Princess Grace had accompanied or no.
I will research any pictures about that ;-) :flowers:

I love seeing pictures of princess caroline with her children.
Could anyone tell me what the BAC exam would be equal to in England?

Dear Iloveroyals, I agree what you're feeling about that. The cultural about school and feelings between US and Europe is a bit different. Well, the BAC is very important and big stressed if accepted or lose. If accepted, you can go to University or Hight Graduate School.
Yeah, I really like the real way of life that the Princess Caroline came often unaccompanied without bodyguards during shopping or dining in Paris or anywhere in London, she really like to take just "anonymious" but a bit risked indeed...
Never seen any pictures if Princess Caroline has got BAC from Sorbonne in Paris. I don't remember if her mother Princess Grace had accompanied or no.
I will research any pictures about that ;-) :flowers:

I'll see if I have scanned my own pictures in photobucket or will look for them and scan them. Otherwise, someone may direct you to them on the 70's thread, which may be a lot quicker! One paparazzi was clever enough to actually take a picture of her in the room (!) where she was taking the test. There are several others where she is outside, with other students, obviously discussing the test they just took or were about to take. She was very neatly dressed, very "professional looking" one might say today, as if it were an interview rather than a written test taken in a classroom.

It's interesting that neither Pierre nor Charlotte were photographed accompanied by their mother, on their way to the bac. I don't want to read too much into this, especially since we don't know whether there were paparazzis around or whether the pictures were "killed".

It occurred to me, my translation of "maman" (which is entirely based on Paris-Match's captions anyway) was not right. It's hard to translate "maman". When you're little, it's "mommy", when you grow older (as Andrea was), it's "mom", I am not sure what it would be in British English ("mummy" I guess). Anyway, I didn't want to make Andrea sound like a little kid.

When Caroline took the bac, she had already taken the equivalent test in England (Level A, I think ?), so I guess she was an old pro at it. And from my understanding, until the fateful "Sciences Po" competitive exam, she always aced all her exams, so that was probably one area in which she never felt too much anxiety. Nvertheless, it is true that her poise, from the age of 13 or 14 on, was just incredible.

I am posting some pictures of P. Caroline taking the "bac" on the seventies thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom