Andrea Casiraghi's week-long charity trip to the Philippines

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
that is another part of him. helping children !!! that's gorgeous.
I love him best. lol
btw,thank you for sharing pics and infomations.

moby said:
i saw all the pics of him and tatiana at the RAc, i guess that's why they didn't make it to the UP forum, which was a shame, I think he definitely looked a lot more at ease and happy mingling with the people at the RAC than he did at ATeneo where he didn't look at all happy to be there.
I can now forgive him for not going to UP :), i just hope he didn't get intimidated by the thought of addressing UP law students as well as a few of the best lawyers in the country regarding children in armed conflict. I was there and the speakers made it sound a bit like a courtroom!
Oh and I think Andrea should just be given the title "Prince" to end the whole confusion when he does things like this! *wink wink*

He didn't make it to the forum at U.P.?! Gosh, good thing that I didn't even try to be there...... But how weird, they were in Manila at the RAC and were also scheduled to be at U.P. in the same morning... those places are far from each other. The organizers must have either double-booked him or were just too optimistic about the traffic situation. Yes, he didn't look too happy being at the Ateneo; I thought it was just me. I mean, he left so abruptly, too.

I hope to post his speech by tomorrow or latest Monday.

Last edited:
wow! i'm really jealous that some of you have seen Andrea. I just saw the news and was surprised that he was here in Manila..:bang: too late for me..now, the million dollar question is ...when is he coming back here in Manila? I'm quite surprised that Tati was with him.. it looks like their really serious about their relationship..:)

Last edited:
monica17 said:
He didn't make it to the forum at U.P.?! Gosh, good thing that I didn't even try to be there...... But how weird, they were in Manila at the RAC and were also scheduled to be at U.P. in the same morning... those places are far from each other. The organizers must have either double-booked him or were just too optimistic about the traffic situation. Yes, he didn't look too happy being at the Ateneo; I thought it was just me. I mean, he left so abruptly, too.

I hope to post his speech by tomorrow or latest Monday.

I wonder why he seemed unhappy at the Ateneo, especially when you compare it to the pics from Payatas and RAC. Oh but the worst thing was that at one point, at the beginning, he and M. Lemay turned to our direction, AND SMILED! I HAVE A PICTURE BUT IT'S BLURRY, huhuhu. That was the only time he seemed to have smiled willingly for the cameras, and these shaking hands of mine totally messed up everything! :bang::bang::bang:

no, he didn't make it to UP, and it turns out he cancelled the night before, which was really a shame. some bigwigs were waiting for him there as well as some foreign nationals, representatives of some NGOs, probably. i went but it wasn't a total loss, the topic was quite interesting.

a friend took a picture of the streamer from the event, it was a bit funny because they addressed Andrea as "Sir"-- Sir Andrea Albert Pierre Casiraghi, Guest Speaker. One day he's a prince, the next he's a knight. :lol:

by the way, i'm excited to see Laif's photos from the Ateneo event, a friend and I are probably going to be in some photos,:ROFLMAO:. We were about 10-12 feet from him, about 7 from Tatiana. Oh and we took some pictures of his scary-looking bodyguards as well. At one point, one of them saw us taking pictures of them and turned to us, he really was scary...but then he looked like he was striking a pose! :ROFLMAO: I promise to post pictures when I have enough time. :flowers:

Peaches said:
Wow, I am truly impressed with Andrea. He seemed to me like a person who wouldn't get his hands dirty but he seemed really serious about it. And to include Tatiana in his charity work. I'm quite speechless. But he's doing a great job.

I agree. I am happy we can see Andrea in action. He seems a better person for me now.

something really serious going on with them.. andrea did a great job... when he will be leaving?

Laif

Andrea Casiraghi and his girl friend Tatiana Santo Domingo visit Clark (The American air force miltary base was contamined by the American ). A lot of children are sick with the water... , 08/26/2006.

81630010cu6.jpg
81630018yl6.jpg
81630028vg6.jpg
81630034wu9.jpg
81630037db9.jpg

Andrea Casiraghi meet students at the university of Ataneo in Manille. Dominique Lemay of Virlanie Fondation, 08/25/2006

81629989hi4.jpg
81629990hk5.jpg
81629991lg8.jpg
81629992fi6.jpg
81629993aq8.jpg

From the photo,I like Tatiana's outfit, I think its really hip and sexy but it looks like she's going to a party or meet her friends somewhere else,lol...well, that is Tatiana's choice though..I'm just used seeing Princess Diana, Angelina Jolie or other personalities wearing simple t-shirt, jeans or formal wear when they are in the field reaching out to children and poor people..

Last edited:
He probably bought her along for comapany and because he is not a prince was allowed to do do. Just my opinion but he looks better with his hair pulled back.

It’s not a missionary or a social worker speaking, but a true blue royal—the son of Monaco’s Princess Caroline, Andrea Pierre Casiraghi. At 22, the athletic, French-schooled teen pinup favorite is possibly the youngest royal active in humanitarian missions today.

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/storypage.aspx?StoryId=48510 The Prince goes to Payatas

Just to be correct: as I tried to explain earlier on this thread, Andrea Casiraghi is neither royal nor a prince!
As we all know, his mother Princess Caroline married a Commoner,
Stefano Cairaghi - so his 3 children are all commoners as well.

Anyway, Anrea is doing a fantastic job and he earns my respect.
I always liked him, but I do even more now.
The pics on this thread are just incredible! Thanks for that!

I am quite impressed with Andrea's trip to the Phillipines and more impressed by Tatiana's interest in supporting him on such an important 1st humanitarian mission. And more impressed by their commitment to each other as this is a huge step in their relationship. I like celebrities who use their status to bring awareness to the world about the terrible conditions some humans have to live in. Andrea has obviously learned a good lesson from another wonderful humanitarian, his mother.

I would be curious to know if he ever met his cousins Jazmin and Alexandre and how they are treated by his family. I think it is very good to get involved in the humanitarian field, especially when you have the money, but I hope this is not just for publicity reasons.

Sorry brother, but no one here can answer your question. Neither Andrea nor the rest of the family has ever talked about that. So it would be just speculation to say he has or he has not. And furthermore this is not the right thread for such questions.

Here is another article:

Canceled visit won’t dampen ardor for princess

MABALACAT, Pampanga—Victims of contamination from toxic wastes left in the former US military bases in this region were not able to see the son of their benefactor, Princess Caroline, but still the memory of the charm and generosity of the royal from Monaco remains unblemished.

http://newsinfo.inq7.net/inquirerheadlines/nation/view_article.php?article_id=17430

Last edited:
from the pictures we've seen it seems that Andrea is happier when he's with the poor people than with some party organized for him..i really liked the picture when he kissed a girl..it's very touchy:wub: :)

brother said:
but I hope this is not just for publicity reasons.

No, its not for publicity reason, for years, the Grimaldis have too much of it..I think they are all fed-up with all these publicity, scandals and media stories about them...Princess Caroline is the head patroness of Amade and Virlanie foundation, so its her responsibility to get involved in the field.She has been active with this work all through these years.This was the legacy left by her dear mother, the late Princess Grace of Monaco, the founder of Amade Foundation..Andrea is in Manila to represent his mother, Princess Caroline...I think Her Royal Highness is doing a great job in training his son to get involved with good causes..Andrea is currently the second-in-line to the throne of Monaco, so its just appropriate for him to do some charitable duties and help her mom to promote good cause..:flowers:

Last edited:
hello! im mabelle ;)
i have more pics of andrea in ateneo de manila. these were taken by some of the students present during the youth forum.
25qurt3.jpg

25qusdi.jpg

25qvdhs.jpg

25qvdvt.jpg

Very nice shots of Andrea, thanks for that, Mabelle..

here's more. all of these pictures are posted in multiply.com
25qvfxj.jpg

25qvgqf.jpg

25qvkwo.jpg

25qvmuf.jpg

25qvngj.jpg

25qvpjr.jpg

Complete speech of Andrea - Youth Forum at the Ateneo de Manila University, August 25:

Good afternoon. Thank you for the great welcome we've had here. I would like to thank the previous speakers for their wonderful speeches and persuasive points. So I will actually be... I won't be technical or long. My speech will be easy because it is very easy to help children.

It is not difficult. You should have the strength to look into yourself and say, do I want to be part of the 10% of Filipinos who could go to university and do nothing about that; do I want to leave 90% of the population without an education? I'm sure you don't. Education seems to be luck here; it is not the way it should be. You, the Filipino country, the Filipino children are its future, the same way you are. Do you want to see the Filipino future go to waste? I'm sure you don't.

I'm just here to engage you to make a difference - a very small difference. I have been to many places here. Terrible places. Payatas - deadly mountain of waste. Most horrible place I have ever been to (I don't understand why you're laughing; it's very serious). Last night I was in Paco market. Suddenly 15-16 kids appeared out of nowhere. 5, 6, 7-year old orphans using drugs, not knowing how to read, never having had a roof to sleep under. I'm asking you, do you want this to continue? I'm sure you don't.

You are very, very, very lucky. You have a responsibility towards yourself, towards your family, towards God, and towards the Filipino. And I will not answer questions today because you shouldn't ask me questions. You should be asking yourselves questions. Do I want this situation to continue? And no step is too small, either.

As my mother always says, "If you have to turn off a volcano with a glass of water, you should do it." You think.... think of yourself as that little glass of water that makes a world of difference. Next time I come, I want to know, I want to see that people will go to the shanty towns. Lucky people like you who have education, who are top part of the nation. Even some of the cleverest people in the world have seen amazing things in the Philippines. I have seen development like no other developing country, either. But I have seen extreme poverty, too. And these differences cannot continue. So that's just simple words I want to share with you, and I hope you will make a difference. Thank you.

Last edited:
These pictures and his speech are amazing - proving that he is serious about his charity work. Like his trip to Africa for AMADE, he was low key, professional, but accessible - and, I like that Tatiana joined him. If she is "the one," then she should get used to going on charity/less glamourous trips as well as their high-profile vacations. I wonder if any of his charity work will push him to study social work or law if/when he returns to college (there is a rumor that he's to attend NYU some time in the future). I don't think there is any doubt that he is committed to AMADE and doing good things for the future of the world's poverty-stricken children - I'm sure his mother is very proud.

tbhrc said:
Laif

Andrea Casiraghi visits the homes of the Virlanie program in Manila. Here at a home for mentally disabled.[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,sans-serif][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,sans-serif]

[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,sans-serif][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,sans-serif]Andrea Casiraghi dancess at dinner organized by the Virlanie association for the street children of Manila and one of the shanty town.

[/FONT]
[/FONT]
I LOVE IT!!!! He seems to be enjoying learning whatever the dance is they are doing - although, he doesn't strike me as someone who is comfortable on the dance floor! That's great!:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, even if he is a princess' son...

I've just seen the photos because I was on holiday.
I like very much the one of Tatiana holding the baby... really loving

And...for the people who has seen ANDREA CASIRAGHI... you're lucky:lucky:

i was away last week and i missed all these great posts..but now i'm back and reading through the posts, i cannot but be very very impressed with andrea, i felt so proud of him!!.....i was surprised to know that tatiana was there to....he must be very serious with this relationship.

It's really nice for her to be by his side too....i have always thought that tatiana was pretty enough...but some of the posts said that she is prettier than the pics we have seen.......now, i really want to see tatiana with my own eyes....she musr be prettier than pretty:wub: ...good for andrea

wow mabelle, you are so lucky! great pics. there's no red eye reduction though, but i'll forgive you. :mrgreen:

Inquirer has articles and photos of Andrea's visit including the article by, as expected, Tim Yap:dry: (which was already posted). i'll scan them tomorrow. i left them at home.:bang: :p

it was funny and irritating at the same time how they kept referring to Andrea as 'Prince.' obviously they are ignorant and to make matters worse, they did not do their homework.

thank you mabelle for your pics,
somehow seeing andrea through the lens of a fan is so much more interesting then seeind andrea through a papparazzi lens

so now our rare week of seeing andrea on a daily bases is over :(

mabelle, mwah. salamat.

25tg3uf.jpg

haha, i think my friend and i were the only ones who bothered to take pictures of tatiana. :ermm: really, will post one of these days.

Hello everybody I'm back from Holidays !!
Thanks mabelle for your great pics !! It's nice to see andrea in caroline's foot !!

Back from holidays also. I's very nice to see Andrea following his mother's footsteps !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom