A boy for Pierre Casiraghi and Beatrice Borromeo - February 28, 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hmmm...okay. But what happened to "Felice"? Was that an unconfirmed report?:whistling:

"Stefano Carlo" makes more sense indeed.. But I hope the little boy is not called "Stefano" in everyday life as it might prove to be painful for Princess Caroline.

Even though I am almost certain Pierre and Beatrice would have consulted Caroline before giving the baby that name in the first place.

If she felt harassed, then it's certainly her right to close it. Though making it private would also solved it. But anyway, I think her mind is now with her new nephew :flowers:

___

So it's Stefano? I feel for Pierre, he was only three when he lost his father :/
I know some say it's heavy loaded as a name for the baby, but I think it's an emotionale gesture.

If it's indeed Stefano, I still can see Felix as godfather. Stefano Felice Casiraghi?

The article says the full name is Stefano Ercole Carlo.

Carlo is of course for the other grandfather. Ercole comes from the Grimauldi family tree.

I like they honored both grandfathers. Thought they would but wasn't sure they'd use Stefano as a first name but glad they did.

Last edited:
^Ah, didn't read the whole article lol.
It's a nice honor tbh.

Yes, maybe someone misheard something and leaked 'Felice'.

If this report is correct I think it's lovely - a tribute to the father he hardly knew, I like the middle names as well. I shouldn't imagine Caroline has any problem with it - it was a horrendous time for her but time can be a great healer.

Yay for Stefano! Though it was expected Stefano and Carlo would be in his names. Pierre seems like the one out of the siblings who most cultivated his Casiraghi and Italian connections. I'm curious where Ercole is from though...

I don't think it will be painful for Caroline, if anything it would probably make the kid more special to her. It's also a very sweet gesture for Stefano's side of the family.

Last edited:
Yay for Stefano! Though it was expected Stefano and Carlo would be in his names. Pierre seems like the one out of the siblings who most cultivated his Casiraghi and Italian connections. I'm curious where Ercole is from though...

I don't think it will be painful for Caroline, if anything it would probably make the kid more special to her. It's also a very sweet gesture for Stefano's side of the family.

Ercole/Hercule comes from the Grimauldi tree. The first Prince of Monaco (formerly lord of Monaco) was honore II. Honore was the son of Hercule, lord of Monaco. He named his only child and heir Hercule in honor of his father. His son though died first and he was succeeded by his grandson Louis II.

Last edited:
:previous:
Thank you! That's interesting. So Hercule is like Pomeline, obscure names picked out from the family tree. I like how they stayed in touch with their roots. They are proud Grimaldis for sure.

Lovely if it is true. I was wondering after two baby boys that the name Stefano was not given. Caroline and Stefano had named Andrea from a closed friend who died young, and up to now no new Stefano. If it is true, well done.

Vanity Fair Italian edition confirmed, 2 hours ago, the name of Beatrice and PIerre's son is STEFANO, Ercole, CARLO.

I think Princess Caroline would be more than proud about the choice. Stefano was the love of her life. Furthermore Princess Caroline and her children were, are and will be closed to the Casiraghi's family including the grandmother Fernanda.

How sweet that they named their son Stefano. That way, he will in some sort of way live on. Pierre looks the most like Stefano too.

And Stefano is smiling in heaven!

I don't speak any of Romance languages (like Italian or Spanish or French) but as far as I know "felice" means "happiness" ("Felicita" - biggest hit of Al Bano and Romina Power) so maybe the child is a happiness for the family and that's why this word that is similar to the name appeared in media reports/rumours/from whereever it came here.

I like the fact that the couple gave a reasonable name to their child, a name most of us had expected before Pierre has had the kid:p

Ah, congratulations to Pierre and Beatrice! :baby:
I love that they used Stefano as a nod to the little one's late grandfather. I guess Felice was a misreporting.

Stefano is really a good idea and very touching... I quite remember that tragedy....

Little Stefano will have a special guardian angel - his grandpa:angel:

Ercole/Hercule comes from the Grimauldi tree. The first Prince of Monaco (formerly lord of Monaco) was honore II. Honore was the son of Hercule, lord of Monaco. He named his only child and heir Hercule in honor of his father. His son though died first and he was succeeded by his grandson Louis II.

It is wise to root in the history, that the procreation of the princely dynasty is a new link to the long history. Albert II and Charlène named their son Jacques Honoré, both names frequent in the genealogy of the dynasty.

Stefano is no Grimaldi or a prince but it id nice that with Hercule also his descendance is highlighted. I like this link with the past: George, Catharina-Amalia, Christian, wonderful. There are also royal parents giving the new royal a new mame: Leonor, Estelle, but at least it is not Kayleigh or Kellyanne...

He may not be a Grimaldi by name, but he is a Grimaldi, as his mother is. But oops I forgot only sperm counts.

Both Jacques honore rainier and Gabriella Therese Marie have three names deeply in the Royal tree.

Leonor is a variation of Eleanor which in fact is a Swedish royal name. And Estelle came from the family tree as well.

Last edited:
It is wise to root in the history, that the procreation of the princely dynasty is a new link to the long history. Albert II and Charlène named their son Jacques Honoré, both names frequent in the genealogy of the dynasty.

Stefano is no Grimaldi or a prince but it id nice that with Hercule also his descendance is highlighted. I like this link with the past: George, Catharina-Amalia, Christian, wonderful. There are also royal parents giving the new royal a new mame: Leonor, Estelle, but at least it is not Kayleigh or Kellyanne...

Folke Bernadotte's wife was named Estelle, plus several of their descendants were given Estelle as a name. Perhaps it doesn't go back as far as Hercule, but there is a family reason for it.

Leonor, though a different spelling, is also an old name for the Spanish Royals.

Congratulations to the couple and what a lovely name!

Back
Top Bottom