The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Old 03-02-2017, 12:18 PM
Imperial Majesty

According to Hola, Stefano Ercole Carlo
Old 03-02-2017, 12:49 PM
Imperial Majesty

Hmmm...okay. But what happened to "Felice"? Was that an unconfirmed report?

"Stefano Carlo" makes more sense indeed.. But I hope the little boy is not called "Stefano" in everyday life as it might prove to be painful for Princess Caroline.

Even though I am almost certain Pierre and Beatrice would have consulted Caroline before giving the baby that name in the first place.

"If your dreams don't scare you, they are not big enough" Sir Sidney Poitier
1927-2022
Old 03-02-2017, 12:55 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fürstin Taxis View Post
If she felt harassed, then it's certainly her right to close it. Though making it private would also solved it. But anyway, I think her mind is now with her new nephew

___

So it's Stefano? I feel for Pierre, he was only three when he lost his father :/
I know some say it's heavy loaded as a name for the baby, but I think it's an emotionale gesture.

If it's indeed Stefano, I still can see Felix as godfather. Stefano Felice Casiraghi?
The article says the full name is Stefano Ercole Carlo.

Carlo is of course for the other grandfather. Ercole comes from the Grimauldi family tree.

I like they honored both grandfathers. Thought they would but wasn't sure they'd use Stefano as a first name but glad they did.
Old 03-02-2017, 01:16 PM
Serene Highness

^Ah, didn't read the whole article lol.
It's a nice honor tbh.

Yes, maybe someone misheard something and leaked 'Felice'.

To be a legend, you've either got to be dead or excessively old!
Christopher Lee
Old 03-02-2017, 01:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

If this report is correct I think it's lovely - a tribute to the father he hardly knew, I like the middle names as well. I shouldn't imagine Caroline has any problem with it - it was a horrendous time for her but time can be a great healer.
Old 03-02-2017, 02:19 PM
Serene Highness

Yay for Stefano! Though it was expected Stefano and Carlo would be in his names. Pierre seems like the one out of the siblings who most cultivated his Casiraghi and Italian connections. I'm curious where Ercole is from though...

I don't think it will be painful for Caroline, if anything it would probably make the kid more special to her. It's also a very sweet gesture for Stefano's side of the family.
Old 03-02-2017, 02:40 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by moby View Post
Yay for Stefano! Though it was expected Stefano and Carlo would be in his names. Pierre seems like the one out of the siblings who most cultivated his Casiraghi and Italian connections. I'm curious where Ercole is from though...

I don't think it will be painful for Caroline, if anything it would probably make the kid more special to her. It's also a very sweet gesture for Stefano's side of the family.
Ercole/Hercule comes from the Grimauldi tree. The first Prince of Monaco (formerly lord of Monaco) was honore II. Honore was the son of Hercule, lord of Monaco. He named his only child and heir Hercule in honor of his father. His son though died first and he was succeeded by his grandson Louis II.
Old 03-02-2017, 02:49 PM
Serene Highness

Thank you! That's interesting. So Hercule is like Pomeline, obscure names picked out from the family tree. I like how they stayed in touch with their roots. They are proud Grimaldis for sure.
Old 03-02-2017, 03:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Lovely if it is true. I was wondering after two baby boys that the name Stefano was not given. Caroline and Stefano had named Andrea from a closed friend who died young, and up to now no new Stefano. If it is true, well done.
Old 03-02-2017, 04:16 PM
Aristocracy

Vanity Fair Italian edition confirmed, 2 hours ago, the name of Beatrice and PIerre's son is STEFANO, Ercole, CARLO.

I think Princess Caroline would be more than proud about the choice. Stefano was the love of her life. Furthermore Princess Caroline and her children were, are and will be closed to the Casiraghi's family including the grandmother Fernanda.
Old 03-02-2017, 04:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

How sweet that they named their son Stefano. That way, he will in some sort of way live on. Pierre looks the most like Stefano too.
Old 03-02-2017, 04:58 PM
Imperial Majesty

And Stefano is smiling in heaven!
Old 03-03-2017, 03:40 PM
Aristocracy

I don't speak any of Romance languages (like Italian or Spanish or French) but as far as I know "felice" means "happiness" ("Felicita" - biggest hit of Al Bano and Romina Power) so maybe the child is a happiness for the family and that's why this word that is similar to the name appeared in media reports/rumours/from whereever it came here.
Old 03-03-2017, 05:31 PM
Serene Highness

I like the fact that the couple gave a reasonable name to their child, a name most of us had expected before Pierre has had the kid
Old 03-03-2017, 06:16 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Ah, congratulations to Pierre and Beatrice!
I love that they used Stefano as a nod to the little one's late grandfather. I guess Felice was a misreporting.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 03-03-2017, 07:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Stefano is really a good idea and very touching... I quite remember that tragedy....
Old 03-03-2017, 07:56 PM
Imperial Majesty

Little Stefano will have a special guardian angel - his grandpa
Old 03-05-2017, 12:55 PM
Heir Apparent

I wonder if she is still at hospital or already home.
Old 03-05-2017, 01:18 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Ercole/Hercule comes from the Grimauldi tree. The first Prince of Monaco (formerly lord of Monaco) was honore II. Honore was the son of Hercule, lord of Monaco. He named his only child and heir Hercule in honor of his father. His son though died first and he was succeeded by his grandson Louis II.
It is wise to root in the history, that the procreation of the princely dynasty is a new link to the long history. Albert II and Charlène named their son Jacques Honoré, both names frequent in the genealogy of the dynasty.

Stefano is no Grimaldi or a prince but it id nice that with Hercule also his descendance is highlighted. I like this link with the past: George, Catharina-Amalia, Christian, wonderful. There are also royal parents giving the new royal a new mame: Leonor, Estelle, but at least it is not Kayleigh or Kellyanne...
Old 03-05-2017, 02:17 PM
Imperial Majesty

He may not be a Grimaldi by name, but he is a Grimaldi, as his mother is. But oops I forgot only sperm counts.

Both Jacques honore rainier and Gabriella Therese Marie have three names deeply in the Royal tree.

Leonor is a variation of Eleanor which in fact is a Swedish royal name. And Estelle came from the family tree as well.