A boy for Charlotte Casiraghi and Gad Elmaleh: Raphaël - December 17, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Blue is a recessive gene. Two parents with blue eyes have only recessive genes, therefore their child can have only blue ( or green eyes ). Brown is a dominant, therefore two parents with brown eyes can still have recessive genes to pass on, and a child can be blue eyed:) but two blue eyed parents can never have a brown eyed child, due to them lacking a dominant gene:) hope that helps.

This is based on outdated science. Eye color inheritance doesn't work that way. Two blue-eyed parents can definitely have a brown-eyed child.

My brother has brown eyes and he has no brown-eyed parents or grandparents. Genes from several generations back can pop up in unexpected ways.

According to Paris Match the new family left the hospital yesterday ( 21/12 ) around 16h30 very discretely... No photos, no presentation of the baby to the press...

Royal Blog - Monaco. Discrète sortie de la maternité pour Raphaël - Paris Match

http://Charlotte Casiraghi et Gad E...race, où ils ont accueilli leur fils Raphaël.

Hola also refers that Charlotte has already left the hospital...

Carlota Casiraghi podría haber abandonado el hospital junto a su hijo, Raphaël.

http://Carlota Casiraghi podría haber abandonado el hospital con su hijo Raphaël
Thank you. With a 4 night stay, I'm thinking she had a c section

They will have a wonderful Christmas !!!! What a joy for their families !!!!

No way, in Europe, where I had 2 Cs, I stayed 7 days each.

It varies from country to country. But 4 nights sounds a bit too much for a natural birth, IMO.

I am old. My oldest is 50, and we only stayed 3 nights unless there was a problem. So why 4 nights? So, probably a C-Section, as today, it is 24 hours, unless there is a difficulty.

She gave birth on the night of 17th and 18th December..so 18th,19th,20th and on the 21th she left hospital.3 days in hospital is completely normal, even for natural birth.

Raphël! J'adore! The name is very Italian, too. Like the Renaissance painter Raffaello Sanzio who signed his paintings "Raphaello" or "Raphael".

Raffaello is an out-of-date name. It's usually referred to the painter. Nowadays the name Raffaele is preferred, which is very common in Southern Italy, especially in the Naples area.

The girl's name Raffaella is very common instead. The Spanish speaking readers have surely heard of Raffaella Carrà.;)

I'm curious what faith the child will be brought up in. Does anyone know if Gad is a practicing Jew?

I'm curious what faith the child will be brought up in. Does anyone know if Gad is a practicing Jew?

Not sure about Gad but I honestly couldn't imagine the child being brought up any way other than as a Catholic. Charlotte doesn't appear to be a devote Catholic, but she is a Catholic who takes communion so I'd think her child being Catholic would be important to her. And to HRH Princess Caroline!

Not sure about Gad but I honestly couldn't imagine the child being brought up any way other than as a Catholic. Charlotte doesn't appear to be a devote Catholic, but she is a Catholic who takes communion so I'd think her child being Catholic would be important to her. And to HRH Princess Caroline!

Princess Caroline's other daughter is protestant so I don t think it matters to her.

Charlotte and Gad have surely solved this religion "issue" before to have a baby. Since they decided to found a family, they do not have such supposed problems between them.

Charlotte and Gad have surely solved this religion "issue" before to have a baby. Since they decided to found a family, they do not have such supposed problems between them.

I didn't bring it up because I think it's a huge issue. I was just curious.

Also, you have no idea if it's an issue for them or what they have decided unless they have told you so personally.

Also, you have no idea if it's an issue for them or what they have decided unless they have told you so personally.

Of course we do not know, but what i said is that IN CASE it was an issue, the couple would have discussed it before.

Technically, for the child to be jewish, the mother must be jewish. Israel, under the right of return, will only legally agknowlege the child as jewish if mom is. So i would think the child will be raised catholic, assuming Charlotte is religious. I havent seen much evidence of that though.

Well, I think the baby was a (joyful) surprise and not "planned" or "decided".
However I like the name A lot! I prefer "classical names" and in my opinion it's a beautiful name compared to "Sacha".... I also think the baby was given this name not "by chance": Gad's eldest son is name Noe (Noah in english ) , a biblical name...

Some italian sites are reporting Charlotte just left the hospital... Maybe it's just gossip but if it was true I wonder why she stayed so long... Maybe a caesarian section... I think it's very unlikely though

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, such news we heard a week ago (3-4 days after she gave birth), so i guess they were wrong/belated :)tongue:) or their post is old.

Of course we do not know, but what i said is that IN CASE it was an issue, the couple would have discussed it before.

Not necessarily! I know many people who get pregnant or get married and THEN fight over what religion their offspring will be. You cannot assume anything!

Diane

Technically, for the child to be jewish, the mother must be jewish. Israel, under the right of return, will only legally agknowlege the child as jewish if mom is. So i would think the child will be raised catholic, assuming Charlotte is religious. I havent seen much evidence of that though.
You bring up a good point.
How is Gad's other child raised? Is the mother Jewish?

Currently, she is the Clos St.Pierre .. the residence of Caroline in Monaco. There is well protected ... there is no better place.

with or without Gad? It would be weird if she was now with her mother and without her partner. Charlotte and Gad are now a family

I'm surprised no blurry photos of Charlotte & Gad (with or without baby) have emerged yet... The photographer who gets to snap the first will make tons!

This is very happy news congratulations for the couple! Raphael is Jewish-Moroccan now right?

Yes, it's pretty weird we still haven't saw pictures of the baby.

Back
Top Bottom