A boy for Charlotte Casiraghi and Gad Elmaleh: Raphaël - December 17, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love that they announced immediately, all my wishes to baby Raphael!
I found interesting that Charlotte and Gad announced officially the name immediately and Andrea and Tatiana, never confirmed their little boy's name, even after 6 months.

Love the name. Congrats to both parents and families, and all of Monaco. This is no doubt the culmination of them seeing Charlotte grow into a beautiful women. Lovely to see.

Even more lovely that it was announced by the palace and the President of the National Council. Everyone in Monaco must be quite excited.

Found it weird that the palace announced that the "grandmothers were doing fine."

But now I hear that it was a joke from Charlotte and Gad--which makes tons of sense considering Gad is a comedian and has spoken of HRH Princess Caroline's good sense of humor.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love that they announced immediately, all my wishes to baby Raphael!
I found interesting that Charlotte and Gad announced officially the name immediately and Andrea and Tatiana, never confirmed their little boy's name, even after 6 months.

Good point!

Well, Congratulations to the new parents:flowers: I like how Raphaël sounds in french, though it's far from being a name I like.

Love the name, but it will get "smooshed", the final -el and the initial El- in Elmelah. Probably he will be known popularly as Raph Elmelah. Probably already is called Raph or El-el.
Very creative name.

Aww, congratulations to Charlotte and Gad! Raphaël is a lovely name - I don't know why, but it put a smile on my face when I heard they'd named him that. :)

Congratulations to Charlotte, Gad, big brother Noe and both grandmas!
A little playmate for Sacha, how sweet!
Welcome to the world, Raphael Elmaleh!:monacoflag::moroccoflag::franceflag::italyflag::usaflag::baby::duckie::rose2::fireworks::menorah::xmasbell:

:fireworks:
Congrats to the new parents, grandmother and other family relatives :)

Congratulations to Charlotte and Gad, what a lovely early Christmas present! :monacoflag: :baby: :flowers:

Although I'm a little disappointed that Raphael isn't a girl, I love his name. I know a little Raphael, and have always found it to be a cute name.

Since she gave birth in Monaco, I'm guessing she will spend the first few weeks or months in Monaco. With Monaco being so small, perhaps we will see baby's first outing!

Andrea and Tatiana will likely be visiting Monaco from London soon, too, no?

^^ Maybe they'll all be reunited in Monaco for Christmas.

Charlotte is a mother! :D it's been ten years since I follow her life. How wonderful, another Grimaldi generation to follow! :D :D :D

Congrats to Charlotte and welcome baby Raphael.

Congrats to Charlotte and Gad! Raphael Elmaleh has a really great sound to it and even sounds kind of Christmas-y.

Has it been confirmed that he will take Gad's surname?

congratulations to both, i wish that charlotte and her baby raphael have good health

I am not sure if this is possible in France, but in some countries it is possible for the parents to select the last name, even when their parents are married. Still, it is an exception when children of a (married) couple receive the last name of the mother.

Congratulations to the couple (& grand mothers). Raphael is a lovely name IMO.

lovely news, congrats to the couple. hopefully they will release some pictures!

i love the comment in the official announcement on that "the grandmas are doing fine": such a wink to gad´s profession! :)

i don´t really like the name raphael, although it sounds better in french than in any other languages i know.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
So Raphael will have both nationalities, Monegasque and Moroccan, since Gad is a Moroccan who got also French citizenship on 2002 by naturalisation processus, and since French citizens can't get the Monegasque citizenship :)

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
So Raphael will have both nationalities, Monegasque and Moroccan, since Gad is a Moroccan who got also French citizenship on 2002 by naturalisation processus, and since French citizens can't get the Monegasque citizenship :)

Dual nationality is strictly forbidden under Monégasque law.

Congratulations first to HRH Princess Caroline for becoming a grandmother by her second child the equally lovely Charlotte Casiraghi. Thankyou Princess Caro for being all that you have been and are.To Charlotte Casiraghi and to Gad E congratulations on bringing your greatest creation to life Rafael.
And finally Congrats to all the uncles and aunts that have been created as a result especially HSH Prince Albert and HSH Princess Charlene.{great uncle and great aunt}

Last edited:
And finally Congrats to all the uncles and aunts that have been created as a result especially HSH Prince Albert and HSH Princess Charlene.

Albert is, in fact, Raphael's great-uncle; his uncles are Andrea and Pierre Casiraghi and Arie Elmaleh; aunts are Princess Alexandra of Hannover and Judith Elmaleh.

Dual nationality is strictly forbidden under Monégasque law.

Charlotte doesn't have Italian nationality beside the Monegaque one???
In Luxemburg also the dual nationality is forbidden, but there's a bilateral agreement with a country like Morocco, because Moroccan citizens and their families cannot be deprived of their Moroccan nationality in any case according to the constitution.

I know many Moroccans in Luxemburg who got both passports. I don't know if there's such as agreement between Monaco and Morocco. I also know many French and Belgian people who asked for Luxemburgisch citizenship, but they had to drop their French or Belgian nationality, it was the case of Stéphanie de Lanoy when she got married to Luxemburg's crown prince.

I am not sure if this is possible in France, but in some countries it is possible for the parents to select the last name, even when their parents are married. Still, it is an exception when children of a (married) couple receive the last name of the mother

In Greece when a couple marry they have the right to choose if their kids will bear the surname of the father or the mother. But i can guarantee you that the percentage choosing mother's surname is near zero!

Last edited by a moderator:
Lovely name, an archangel! Hope we get a picture, pretty please! And would love to know his size too!

I really doubt we will get a pic (or from behind and from papparazzi) such a pity, I hope he has his father's eyes !

Charming. And they will marry some time in the future and perhaps give the baby a last name. On the other hand, don't blame the baby, I am sure he is adorable and should live a long and happy life.

Back
Top Bottom