A boy for Andrea Casiraghi and Tatiana Santo Domingo - March 21, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to see that Ernst August Junior is still close to the Grimaldi- Casiraghi clan and probably went to see the baby.

There is one detail which relatively shocks me. Andrea is in number 2 position in the throne of Monaco, and his son one day will reign. I found quite not nice towards the people of Monaco, that Tatiana gave birth in London, they did not show the baby and they did not even announce officially his name.
Caroline has presented her kids after getting out of the maternity, and Andrea lives the same situation "hidden", i do not appreciate, and I do not really understand, as Andrda has alwaus been present to all Monaco official life.

There is one detail which relatively shocks me. Andrea is in number 2 position in the throne of Monaco, and his son one day will reign.

That is quite unlikely if Albert and Charlene have children.

There is one detail which relatively shocks me. Andrea is in number 2 position in the throne of Monaco, and his son one day will reign. I found quite not nice towards the people of Monaco, that Tatiana gave birth in London, they did not show the baby and they did not even announce officially his name.
Caroline has presented her kids after getting out of the maternity, and Andrea lives the same situation "hidden", i do not appreciate, and I do not really understand, as Andrda has alwaus been present to all Monaco official life.
You are assuming that Albert and Charlene will never have children.

Personally, I seariously doubt that Andrea or little Sasha will ever reign the Monaco Throne. Charlene is still young and in the bearable age to conceive children.

You are assuming that Albert and Charlene will never have children.

Personally, I seariously doubt that Andrea or little Sasha will ever reign the Monaco Throne. Charlene is still young and in the bearable age to conceive children.

I'm not assuming such a think and I'm sorry if I gave this impression.

So I reformulate. Andrea and his son one day might reign.

There are only about 8,000 citizens in Monaco. They don't really need to announce things. I'm guessing the grape vine is very fast there. The press is for the outside world. PC sees the Monegasques daily walking around Le Rocher. They can send out info by e-mail or phone to all residents.

I'm wondering if PA wanted them to wait until he had children. They might have gone against his wishes and got pregnant so that the marriage would be okay. It's strange the child wasn't born in Monaco and that PA hasn't gone to see it as far as we know.

I'm wondering if PA wanted them to wait until he had children. They might have gone against his wishes and got pregnant so that the marriage would be okay. It's strange the child wasn't born in Monaco and that PA hasn't gone to see it as far as we know.
This would be disgusting from PA. Oblige his nephew not have kids, unless he has himself! How do they know when Charlene gets pregnant? They are soon 2 years married.

well, imo it is a bit odd too that there is no official announcement for one who is, at the moment, direct in line of succession....
Couldn't imagine Prince William's baby not being announced in the UK

It's because for now he is not in the line of succession (and is in the same situation as prince Albert's children and Stephanie's daughter). I assume that when they'll be married, they will introduce Sacha. And also, I don't think Andrea wants this child to be a future sovereigh nor does he believe he will (otherwise he would have not given him this name )

Last edited:
Sacha is the name of the kid?!

Sacha is the name of the kid?!

The name of the boy hasn't been officially announced. Journalist Stephane Bern was among the guests at Rose Ball and wrote on his Twitter page that Caroline told during the ball that the boy's name is Sacha.

I think, you are absolutely right, FandesAcs. AT THIS VERY MOMENT the baby boy (named Sacha or not) is the 3rd in line (after Albert/Caroline/Andrea, the little one) to the throne. I strongly assume, that Albert and Chalene will have own children as well, but today it is not yet the case (at least officially). So you are right, it is really odd, that there has been no announcement of the name, as well as a pic of the young family.
BYe Bine

I think, you are absolutely right, FandesAcs. AT THIS VERY MOMENT the baby boy (named Sacha or not) is the 3rd in line (after Albert/Caroline/Andrea, the little one) to the throne. I strongly assume, that Albert and Chalene will have own children as well, but today it is not yet the case (at least officially). So you are right, it is really odd, that there has been no announcement of the name, as well as a pic of the young family.
BYe Bine

At this moment the baby boy isn't 3rd in line to the throne, because his parents aren't married.

That is quite a confusing situation fandesacs as Andrea is just a Casiraghi and he really has no title.There is lot of abstruse stuff all over nobility these days.Well I hope they clear it up by something they do or an indication maybe.

That is quite a confusing situation fandesacs as Andrea is just a Casiraghi and he really has no title.There is lot of abstruse stuff all over nobility these days.Well I hope they clear it up by something they do or an indication maybe.

The main problem with royal families these days is that their members seem to have decided that they want to take profit from the advantages of private citizens while keeping their inherited privileges.
Imo, by doing so, the remaining reigning families are digging their own grave, but I won't complain about it.

I don't think that the Monaco family should be subjected to the same standards, though. Monaco is not as much a country as a big company. The born monegasques are more employees than citizens, the "residents" are simply clients, and the Prince is kind of the CEO and main share-holder and the same time. He can rule his private company as he feels fit and he doesn't have to answer to anyone.

Last edited:
I think the behaviour of Andrea shows that he belies his uncle is going to have children and that he himself is never going to inherit. While Andrea right now is the second in line to the throne, he is such through an indirect line - he's not the son or grandson of the monarch, but rather the nephew. Furthermore, he's the untitled nephew of the monarch, and as such he's entitled to more of a private life.

Similar circumstances occurred when Peter Philips became a father. While he and his children are much further down the line of succession than Andrea and (eventually) his son, they're both untitled relations of a royal family who have some privilege owing to their family and yet are technically private citizens and as such don't have to announce the name and what not of their children - at least not right away.

A couple of posts have been deleted as off-topic - thanks for your understanding!

I actually think Sacha may be a nickname for Stefano. Andrea was very affected by his fathers death so who knows. I can't wait to find out.

How would it be a nickname for Stefano?

"Sacha" is actually a nickname for Alexandre, not Stefano.

Stefano might be one of the baby's names, though. We won't find out until he is baptized.

If Andrea wanted his baby to have his father's name he would call the boy Stefano and not Sacha! there is not logical to give a name and never use it!

That's not necessarily true. Maybe the kid has three or four names, and Stefano is just one of them. It might be painful for Caroline to hear the child called "Stefano". Or maybe Andrea and Tatiana just prefer to call him Sacha for some reason.

My sister is honored with the names of our mother and both grandmothers and we don't call her any of them. We use a nickname.

Last edited:
I was just expressing an opinion. None of us will know till they want us to! Andrea & Pierre looked so much like their father and now with Charlotte expecting a baby I would hope that either her if she has a boy or Andrea will honor their father in some way. I actually believe Stefano was the love of Caroline's life. It's so sad even almost 23 years later.

"Sacha" is actually a nickname for Alexandre, not Stefano.

Stefano might be one of the baby's names, though. We won't find out until he is baptized.

In Russia, Sascha or Sacha is a diminutive of Alexander, Alexsndra or Alexa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom