A boy for Andrea Casiraghi and Tatiana Santo Domingo - March 21, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for the explanation. I know the ceremony you're talking about. In Portugal we call it Crisma. My doubts arised because though it IS in fact a confirmation that you belong to the Catholic Church and it marks the end of you preparation, sometimes we forget about it. In fact, Crisma is not that important to many people here in Portugal, I know many people who never did it (myself included) and it would never cross anyone's mind to say they are not catholic. Interesting fact that of still being in line of sucession until confirmed.

I found it interesting myself. Granted, I'm basing the understanding of the line of succession on what Wikipedia says about it, so the whole idea could be entirely off base.

I dont get "respectful" not to smoke - respectful of whom? It's allowed where they were.

It is respectful of all of us to accept different norms the world over.

I think I said it in another post: there are many babies, sick children and pregnant women coming in and out of the hospital (which is exclusively a maternal/children hospital), but you are right, it's allowed and they can do it.

Are these pics been posted already?

Primeras imágenes de Andrea Casiraghi y Tatiana Santo Domingo como padres - Foto 1

Good to see that he had shaven his beard..they look fine and content.Normal lol

Primeras imágenes de Andrea Casiraghi y Tatiana Santo Domingo como padres

They look sweet, proud and happy!! Thanks for posting Burnt.

:flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
How bizarre is it looking at photos of Andrea with a baby carrier? Lol. He's definitely no longer the teeny bopper pretty pseudo-Prince. He's a father now and glad to see he's looking good but he's as wary of paparazzi as ever. Probably more so. He's always been the most private out of the Casiraghis, I wonder how he'll treat media interest and paparazzi stalking his child.

The United Kingdom - In order to succeed to the Brisitish Throne, one has to be a legitimate descendent from Electress Sophia of Hanover. Legitimised children remains inelegible. You can't be a Roman Catholic, or has ever been married to a Roman Catholic.

Spain - Only legitimate descendents of King Juan Carlos can succeed.

Denmark - Only descendents from King Christian X and Queen Alexandrine can succeed. Individuals born to unmarried dynasts or to former dynasts that married without royal permission, and their descendants, are excluded from the throne.

Sweden - Only legitimate Lutheran descendents of King Carl XVI Gustaf are entitled to succeed.

Norway - Only legitimate descendents from the reigning Monarch and his/her sibling can succeed.

The Netherlands - Only legitimate relatives of the Monarch can succeed.

Belgium - Only legitimate descendents from King Albert II can succeed.

Luxembourg - Only legitimate descendents from Grand Duke Henri can succeed.

Liechtenstein - Only male-line male descendents from the Princes of Liechtenstein can succeed.

Japan - Only male-line male descendents from Emperor Taisho can succeed.

Brazil - Only legitimate Brazilian descendents of Emperor Pedro I can succeed. People born to former Dynasts are excluded from the Throne.

I know nothing about other Lines of Succession, but seems that only Monaco accept retroactive legitimisation. They like to be different.

Errr... there is some mistake here, or I didn't explain myself properly.
I know only legimitate descendants can succeed in every country. What I mean is I thought everywhere worked like monaco and reatroactive legitimacy applied.

You say that in Spain only legitimate descents can inherit, and of course you are right. But retroactive legitimacy does exists, exactly like in Monaco.
Also, in France, when they had kings, retroative legimimacy was accepted.
It's very easy to understand why. Those were traditional catholic monachies. Once you marry the mother of your children in church, your children become legitimate, in the eyes of the catholice church they are the same as childron born after the wedding.

That's why in traditional catholic countries, retroactive legimimacy has historically always applied.

I just wonder if it works different in other countries as if anyone knows of any case where retroactive legitimacy did not apply, because as far as I knew retroactive legitimacy was the rule in all royal and nobiliary houses.
Thanks!

It's not that it's a Catholic thing, it's that it's a new concept (retroactive legitimacy that is). If a country introduces its retroactive legitimacy laws after it introduces it's succession laws then the legitimacy laws don't apply to the succession.

Oh, no! It is not a new concept at all! I could tell you many stories about retroactive legimacy in 16th and 17th century europe!

It's a concept that has always existed, maybe as old as monarcny itself.

Thus, in Britain the concept of legitimacy can be applied retroactively, but a child born out of wedlock, regardless of his or her parents' later marital status, is not in the line if succession.

Thank you for your explanations about Britain and the Lascelles. It was very interesting.
Maybe modern Britain is an exception? Or maybe it's a catholic/non catholic thing?
Because in mediterranean Europe it has always existed and retroactively legitimated children always could inherit thrones. Actually, Monaco probably just follows the french tradition...

I found it interesting myself. Granted, I'm basing the understanding of the line of succession on what Wikipedia says about it, so the whole idea could be entirely off base.

I think you both are right, Ish and juliette. I guess the british norm is a traditional norm, from times when "Confirmation" was a more significant sacrament.

Nowadays, thought it is as juliette says a "nearly forgotten" sacrament in most catholic countries, and one many people just forget about.

I think I said it in another post: there are many babies, sick children and pregnant women coming in and out of the hospital (which is exclusively a maternal/children hospital), but you are right, it's allowed and they can do it.

Well those pregnant women and children are also exposed to all the diesel fumes of the cars stopping at the hospital door where the casiraghis are celebrating, and diesel fumes are much more dangerous to our lungs than tiny cigarettes in open air!;)

Are these pics been posted already?

Primeras imágenes de Andrea Casiraghi y Tatiana Santo Domingo como padres - Foto 1

Good to see that he had shaven his beard..they look fine and content.Normal lol

Primeras imágenes de Andrea Casiraghi y Tatiana Santo Domingo como padres

According to Hola,wedding is going to be this summer and it's going to be an entirely private affair.It may be celebrated in Switzerland,country where Tatiana was born followed by a party in Monaco with all their friends although nothing is official yet.
I prefer him with the beard:p
They both look really beautiful. Tatiana's face seems prettier & sweeter now after the birth. Good for them.

Has it been confirmed that his name is Alexandre? Is so, a very nice name.

That's why in traditional catholic countries, retroactive legimimacy has historically always applied.

I just wonder if it works different in other countries as if anyone knows of any case where retroactive legitimacy did not apply, because as far as I knew retroactive legitimacy was the rule in all royal and nobiliary houses.
Thanks!

The only other country where it might have applied would have been Luxembourg but in both cases the princes (Henri's brother and younger son) renounced their succession rights before marrying the mothers of their children who also have no succession rights.
Certainly in the UK post birth legitimation gives children no rights to succession to peerages or the throne, although they usually they usually take courtesy titles of younger children of a peer. Other than Monaco I cannot imagine any child born before a legal and approved marriage being allowed to succeed to the throne.

Has it been confirmed that his name is Alexandre? Is so, a very nice name.

As far as I know, I have never heard of Alexander as the name of this child. Sacha is his name according to Stéphane Bern (who is a famous french journalist close to the Grimaldi's and he said that it was Caroline who told him the name. He was at the rose ball)

Last edited:
Yes, it's seems that his name is Sacha Casiraghi.

Now, I do hope Prince Albert and Princess Charlene have a child.

Prince Sacha of Monaco would be one of the most ridiculous things in the History of Monarchies.

Yes, it's seems that his name is Sacha Casiraghi.

Now, I do hope Prince Albert and Princess Charlene have a child.

Prince Sacha of Monaco would be one of the most ridiculous things in the History of Monarchies.

I'm not partial to the name Prince Sacha of Monaco either, but if he'd be the right fit, what's in a name? But I think that the name is telling - they don't think this child will be prince of Monaco. I'd say there is every intention that Charlene will one day have a child. JMHO of course

For the sake of precaution, in my opinion, Andrea and Tatiana would have to give a more traditional name for this child.

The only other country where it might have applied would have been Luxembourg but in both cases the princes (Henri's brother and younger son) renounced their succession rights before marrying the mothers of their children who also have no succession rights.
Certainly in the UK post birth legitimation gives children no rights to succession to peerages or the throne, although they usually they usually take courtesy titles of younger children of a peer. Other than Monaco I cannot imagine any child born before a legal and approved marriage being allowed to succeed to the throne.

Thanks for the explanation!
I can now see there is a non-retroactivity rule in at least some countries.

But as I said before Monaco is no way an exception in accepting retroactivity succesion rights.
It's something that's always existed in the french royal tradition. that's probably why Monaco has it too.
(if you are interested I could tell you more about it but I don't want to bore everyone with old 16th and 17th century stories).
Retroactive legitimacy has also been always accepted for the spanish crown, aswell as in many italian ruler families and principalities before the unification.

So, even if my catholic/non catholic i just a guess, I don't know, it looks as if might have some base and maybe be true.:flowers:

Once again this thread had to be cleaned - please stay respectful towards each other and the persons you are talking about. As said before this thread is not about Prince Albert and Princess Charlene. And we have an extra thread for succession issues, so please use that one for further discussions about the topic.

She is very chic and very suitably dressed. She is perfect this time also.
Just a pity she looks aged.

I liked the bag, while the rest of the ensemble is so so. Smoking is just off-putting.

I wonder if we'll get to see a pic of the baby....

She seems to enjoy smoking, I am afraid :bang:

The effect is obvious!
But i do not like the article, saying that she let down the glam. She is "street" glam, all her outfit is perfect.

Where is the baby? I see nothing in this buggy!:lol:

I love Tatiana's coat and long hair!! Andrea's face looks healthier and fuller now! I like him that way!! I cannot get used to the idea that he's a father yet.:wub:

It looks weird to me seeing them as a parents now lol..I still have to get use to the idea that he's no longer that little boy.

A couple of off-topic posts have been removed. This thread is not about smoking, aging, Albert, Stephanie or others, please stay on topic of the thread!

Andrea looks good while pushing the stroller. I never saw him as the fatherly type, Pierre more than Andrea, but both him and Tatiana look very happy. It's nice to see. I thought he would stay the skinny hipster for a couple more years.

Ah how lovely to see, thank you for posting.

Wonderful to see them looking so happy and healthy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom