When Harry met Chelsy

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well done Pr.Harry. Chelsy looks wonderful. These two look so happy when they are together.

I think I read that Chelsy went to school as a child in England and first met Pr.Harry as well as several of the friends and Aristocratic girls who are her friends now on the playground or play yard at that early school in England.
They then met again years later in SAfrica when Harry was visiting, but he already knew Chelsy from her younger years at school in England.

I like that she has gone to Law school also and furthered her education, good for her. I like her much better than William's girlfriend.

Yes she did.
Davy received early education at Girls' College (in Bulawayo), Cheltenham Ladies' College, and Stowe School. She graduated from the University of Cape Town in November 2006 with a degree in Economics after which she took a gap year to travel the world.
Thanks for the info. Lumutqueen. I'm not surprised she did go to school in England in her younger days. Britain has some of the best schools. :D
I wonder who she lived with whilst going to school at Cheltenham?

Cheltenham is a boarding school, she most likely boarded. As i put in my previous post.
Well i think we've learned that you and I, Wisteria don't agree on most things. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
^^
I know it's a boarding school. I was referring to the times when she wasn't at school (holidays, breaks, etc.) But perhaps she flew back to South Africa during those times.

Yes he did go to Geelong Grammer School, but i thought he worked in Australia at one point, possible after his education. Not 100% of course.

After his two terms at school here he has only visited on occasions e.g. 1970 with his parents and sister for the Captian Cook Bicentenary celebrations and other times while in the navy or afterwards as Prince of Wales.

He never 'worked' here.

Charles didn't have any gap years. He went from school to uni to the navy to full time royal duties.

Is the gap year a recent trend?

Depends on what is meant I suppose.

In earlier times young gentlemen were sent on the 'Grand Tour' of Europe after ending university before going in for whatever was next on the agenda.

However after WWI that seemed to fall away a bit.

It is certainly available to many more people than it was in the past and seems to be something that rich young kids do.

^^
I know it's a boarding school. I was referring to the times when she wasn't at school (holidays, breaks, etc.) But perhaps she flew back to South Africa during those times.

It is possible to board during the holidays. But she either stayed with friends families, her parents came over in the holidays or as you say she returned to South Africa.

Is the gap year a recent trend?

I would definetely say it has come to light in the 80-90's. Lots of my friends are going on gap years who aren't the fashionable rich. :)

With regard to Chelsy and her holidays while at boarding school I can only speak from my experience of boarding school where the overseas students would either fly home or go and stay with friends, or both. Very rarely would their parents fly to Australia to see them. For our mid-term breaks (really a long weekend only) they would stay with some friends. No one ever stayed over the holidays but I am sure that they could have done so if it had been necessary.

Well i think we've learned that you and I, Wisteria don't agree on most things. ;)

Well what you stated is another point we agree on. We might even agree on British boarding schools too. :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom