Wedding of Harry and Meghan: Official Wedding Portraits

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I realize that but her family tree also reveals relations to the princes Lubomirski.

Anyone closer than Anne Komorowska’s great great great grandmother from her mother’ side?

Last edited:
:previous: This is not the thread to discuss it, but I don't know and I am not even sure why it matters if it's any closer than that.

My point was that Mathilde's mother has a line of descent from the Lubomirski family and she does, same as the current queen of England has Hanover ancestors.

I believe it's pretty traditional for pageboys in the UK to be dressed in either military-eque outfits or old fashioned outfits. With the royal men who've married in uniform (Charles, Andrew, William, and now Harry) the pageboy outfit have all been clearly inspired by the uniform that they wore. With Harry's pageboys it's kind of hard to give them colour when his own uniform was lacking in colour.

The TV commentators said the pageboy uniforms were based on the Blues and Royals uniform. I am not an expert in military attire, so I can't tell from the pictures.

The TV commentators said the pageboy uniforms were based on the Blues and Royals uniform. I am not an expert in military attire, so I can't tell from the pictures.

Henry and William were wearing Blues and Royals uniform, that of the household cavalry. You’ll notice George has a similar frockcoat to Henry with the black lapels/feathers on the front.

In a word? Perfect.

These pictures are absolutely stunning.

Yes I realize that but her family tree also reveals relations to the princes Lubomirski.

FYI - you're right. Queen Mathilde and Alex Lubomirski are both descendants of Prince Jozef Lubomirski (1751-1817).

I think the photos are very, very beautiful (how could they not be given how head over heals in love the couple look, how stunning the bride was and how adorable the children were) but the indoor ones seem a little dark. Maybe if they had been posed against a lighter background. Charles and Camilla used the White Drawing Room and I think that provided a lighter look to their photos.

I'm not sure about the pictures. I find them all a bit too "Vogue" for my taste (dark and sultry and with a lot of contrasting light...).

The family one was the best one. A great picture overall. I like that it was "intimate."It really felt that way. A big "group" picture would have isolated Doria even more. Prince Harry looks great. I know she's the bride but Meghan takes a lot of space (wait, I'm going to explain..!!). What I mean is that I like to see wedding pictures where the bride and groom are equal, presenting themselves as a couple, as a unity, where one doesn't' hide, tower or outshine the other (especially if only 3 pictures are released!!!).

In the one with the pageboys and bridesmaids Prince Harry looks amazing! Really natural. What i didn't like was the unnatural "grins" on some of the children. I know it's hard to photograph little ones but still...Overall a lovely shot.

The one I really dislike is the black and white one. Am I going to get a lot of backlash if I say that it's very conventional and bourgeois? That's how I feel though. Meghan's hair with the two locks are so common. I think 9 out of 10 brides have inexplicably sported that trend for the past 20 years (WHY???). At least they're not ringlets., but so close... The pose is too intimate, yet so staged, again it could come from any ordinary, average couple's wedding book, which maybe is what they wanted but not what I personally like to see when reading about the BRF. My two cents...

But I have to say Prince Harry looks great in all three! Very relaxed and happy!

I'm not sure about the pictures. I find them all a bit too "Vogue" for my taste (dark and sultry and with a lot of contrasting light...).

The family one was the best one. A great picture overall. I like that it was "intimate."It really felt that way. A big "group" picture would have isolated Doria even more. Prince Harry looks great. I know she's the bride but Meghan takes a lot of space (wait, I'm going to explain..!!). What I mean is that I like to see wedding pictures where the bride and groom are equal, presenting themselves as a couple, as a unity, where one doesn't' hide, tower or outshine the other (especially if only 3 pictures are released!!!).

In the one with the pageboys and bridesmaids Prince Harry looks amazing! Really natural. What i didn't like was the unnatural "grins" on some of the children. I know it's hard to photograph little ones but still...Overall a lovely shot.

The one I really dislike is the black and white one. Am I going to get a lot of backlash if I say that it's very conventional and bourgeois? That's how I feel though. Meghan's hair with the two locks are so common. I think 9 out of 10 brides have inexplicably sported that trend for the past 20 years (WHY???). At least they're not ringlets., but so close... The pose is too intimate, yet so staged, again it could come from any ordinary, average couple's wedding book, which maybe is what they wanted but not what I personally like to see when reading about the BRF. My two cents...

But I have to say Prince Harry looks great in all three! Very relaxed and happy!

Those two strands of hair, IMO, are going to be her signature look.

I’m not sure what you are trying to convey. The bride is always the focus of any wedding, and wedding pictures are always posed and staged for Royal Weddings, so why should this wedding be any different?

Last edited:
Billie Holliday started wearing flowers in her hair because one day when she was trying to straighten it, she accidentally burned it off. So it became her signature look.

I dunno, I like the messy hair look, but everyone in my house has messy hair. I love these photos. And I love how affectionate they often are in photos. I think Meghan's affectionate nature is one of the things Harry loves about her.

Billie Holliday started wearing flowers in her hair because one day when she was trying to straighten it, she accidentally burned it off. So it became her signature look.

I dunno, I like the messy hair look, but everyone in my house has messy hair. I love these photos. And I love how affectionate they often are in photos. I think Meghan's affectionate nature is one of the things Harry loves about her.

I'm so used to my daughter's messy bun hair that when we had her graduation photos done, half of them are with her hair down and half with it thrown up into her signature bun--she didn't look like herself with her hair down over her shoulders.

I'm firmly in the camp that brides look better when they wear their hair mostly similar to their normal hairstyles. So Meghan looked just fine to me.

Wonderful photographs! I like how Princess Charlotte is sitting on her mother's lap.

Good thing about most young women her age, they don't tend to keep a 'signature look' for life. Her style will evolve. I don't think we will see the same 'royal uniform' we have seen with Kate (her style changing almost none since marriage). It will evolve with time and style. I am sure you will be seeing eventually a move from the messy bun. Maybe not soon enough for some.

The photos were amazing. So happy to come home from a long shift to them ?

The black and white photo is positively stunning. My favorite royal wedding portrait ever.

I love the one with the kids and them. The kids all seem so happy. I love where Ivy and Florence are sharing Florence's bouquet. I bet Ivy felt special she got to carry aunty Meghan's bouquet for her, but she was likely a little sad to not have her own in the photo times.

I don't find Camilla clashed at all. Happy she wasn't in green. Actually I wish if they knew they were doing pictures in a green room, there had been less green. Too much green on green. I think the lovely pink of Camilla and the yellowish of Kate looked great in the room.

I would really like a formal picture of just the 2 of them standing and with a complete sweep of the veil in front and not cut off. The veil is spectacular and i would love to see all of the detail. (ok... it could just be a picture of her - i really just want to see the veil:heart:

I would really like a formal picture of just the 2 of them standing and with a complete sweep of the veil in front and not cut off. The veil is spectacular and i would love to see all of the detail. (ok... it could just be a picture of her - i really just want to see the veil:heart:

I'm sure one was taken, and many more. Hopefully we'll get to see more of them eventually. I'd love a better look at the veil!

FYI - you're right. Queen Mathilde and Alex Lubomirski are both descendants of Prince Jozef Lubomirski (1751-1817).

I know! Although with Alexi’s eye for beauty, I can’t believe they didn’t. There is no way he would’ve let that veil go. The two indoors were quite traditional and what people would expect from royal wedding photos. But given that they went outside, there is hope. :wub::wub:

I get the sense there are two sets of photos- the overly formal ones that are expected of royal wedding pictures. The first two belong to them.

But Harry and Meghan likely opted for a few personal ones. Especially for Meghan who would be more used to the more candid or at least casual ones.

I get the sense the black and white one may have been released as an after thought. Kind of like when they did the engagement photos, and they had the two traditional photos. And then as a thank you, they released the third photo where we saw the full dress. That the couple decided to share one of their more private photos with the public. I get the sense the black and white, or one like it, is likely the one they will feature most in their home.

Those less traditional I always like the best. My two friends I was maid of honor for, we had a lot of staged and formal ones. But it was some of the more casual ones that were favorites. Including one of my best friend's daughter in her flower girl dress. She had got a hold of one of my high heels I ditched, and was playing phone with it. My other friend, the best photo comes from after the photo shoot was meant to be done. We were waiting for all the guests to leave so we could proceed to the reception for the big entrance, and we were sprawled out on the grass enjoying the sun. The photographer hadn't left and snapped a shot of us which none of us realized. Both photos are framed on my shelf to this day.

Wonderful photos.
- One Official Pic with the Queen.
- One still official one, but less formal, with a lot of fun (with the pageboys and flower girls)
- One just with the 2
Great job!
BYe Bine

Absolutely stunning pics. So refreshing, romantic, full of joy. One can't help but smile. LOVE them!

I get the sense the black and white one may have been released as an after thought. Kind of like when they did the engagement photos, and they had the two traditional photos. And then as a thank you, they released the third photo where we saw the full dress. That the couple decided to share one of their more private photos with the public. I get the sense the black and white, or one like it, is likely the one they will feature most in their home.
I don't think so. They did the exact same thing as Prince William did with official photos - one of the close family, one with page boys and girls and one with just the two of them, the difference being the one with just the two of them is rather casual.
Tbh, I would rather see another "official" one, as it would showcase the dress and the veil much better.

Those two strands of hair, IMO, are going to be her signature look.

They'll be less noticeable when her hair is down. However, she'll probably have her hand there unconsciously as it may have become a habit.

Not to veer off topic but may I suggest those lamenting the hair take a quick look at the Garden Party, the Sussex first royal engagement.

Not to veer off topic but may I suggest those lamenting the hair take a quick look at the Garden Party, the Sussex first royal engagement.

Yes, she looked stunning at the Garden Party. My favorite look so far.

I don't think so. They did the exact same thing as Prince William did with official photos - one of the close family, one with page boys and girls and one with just the two of them, the difference being the one with just the two of them is rather casual.
Tbh, I would rather see another "official" one, as it would showcase the dress and the veil much better.

I think there was likely a ton of other pictures taken. And more then one with just the couple. Probably a few stiff, formal ones, like the usual royal portraits. I think Harry and Meghan likely saw the black and white, one that was likely intended more for a private photo for their own (maybe friends and family) and decided to release it instead.

Only liked the pic of Harry and Meghan alone; there are too many people in the other ones. I know its customary but I prefer the one of them sitting on the stairs alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom