The Sussexes Are Expecting!

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That hadn't occurred to me. They announced it on Valentine's day.
After their earlier miscarriage, this is a wonderfully joyful event and while I am sure they notified the family far earlier, a public announcement is dodgy as Zara found out. The whole world knew when she miscarriaged and I am guessing that, like Meghan, she wanted to grieve privately.

...The circumstances of the pandemic also conspired to ensure they kept their secret far longer than normal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are pregnant women after suffering a miscarriage receiving a special medical treatment?

I really hope that this child will get the chance to enter the world.

Are pregnant women after suffering a miscarriage receiving a special medical treatment?

I really hope that this child will get the chance to enter the world.

Depends what caused the miscarriage. If the woman had a miscarriage due to a medical reason, she may indeed need treatment after to safely carry another.

We have no idea what caused Meghan's loss last summer. Her body may have simply required time to recover from the loss.

what exciting news for the sussexes after their experience with the miscarriage. i am sure they are over the moon. let's hope for a little girl to round up the family as i believe they said they'd stop at 2 kids.

[...]

This is wonderful news for the couple. Hoping for the best of health for mother and child.

I am curious about the Victoria Arbiter tweet, "The family was told shortly before the announcement was made public." Told about that the announcement will be made or about the pregnancy itself? If the latter, that's quite a long time to not tell family...
Oh, I'm sure Meghan's mother knew for a long time now, but TRF? I wouldn't be surprised if they found out a day or two before this announcement :whistling:

I'm very happy for them and absolutely love the picture. the always have some artsy black and white pictures or sepia with harry's father's day picture. i like that

I reckon Meghan is 4/5 months along which is understandable they waited for the announcement due to her miscarriage last year.

I hope this pregnancy is smooth and stress free for Meghan - I think she found it difficult last time in the UK when pregnant with Archie

Great news for the Sussex family, especially for Archie, it's good that he won't be an only child.

Considering her miscarriage, and the pictures, I would guess she is due late may.

I think early June is the most likely.

Most women will wait 6 weeks or so after a miscarriage, to safely try again. An early June baby would have her conceiving early September 2020, 2 months (or less) after her miscarriage. Its unlikely she is much further along then that.

I think from the photograph that Meghan is due in May as well, though after Archie's second birthday. However, I was wrong about Archie's arrival. From the way Meghan was carrying I thought for sure that it would be an April birth.

Thing is, some women hardly show through their pregnancy, some start getting a bulge at six/seven months and some pretty well start showing their bump at four to five months and really balloon out later.

I was like that (Ive had three) and Meghan is as well. Her bump at five months was quite prominent with Archie as it is in this latest photo. So she could well only be four to five months along now. I'll say a May birth but wouldn't be surprised at a June arrival.

A number of these guessestimates are based on the photograph showing the bump, do we actually know when it was taken.

Most women will wait 6 weeks or so after a miscarriage, to safely try again. An early June baby would have her conceiving early September 2020, 2 months (or less) after her miscarriage. Its unlikely she is much further along then that.

Then add in the request for the trial delay in October. Likely not long after they discovered she was pregnant...

I am going with June between the miscarriage and the picture I think May too soon.

[...]
The photo of Harry and Meghan was a beautiful one which showed the love between them and their baby to come IMO.

That makes sense. Moreover, Meghan tends to show early because of her body structure (short waist), so I'll change my guesses and say a June baby (maybe early June?).

Posts about Thomas Markle and comments about the Daily Mail lawsuit have been deleted.

Here's the original Instagram post by photographer Misan Harriman. His posted sentiments are interesting: https://www.instagram.com/p/CLSL_aqARfv/

Also, the below article in Vogue describes an interview Harriman had with British Vogue that went into more detail regarding the significance of and setting for the M&H pregnancy announcement photo shoot:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle...gnancy-announcement/ar-BB1dJZV2?ocid=msedgntp

British Vogue article:
https://www.vogue.co.uk/news/article/harry-meghan-second-baby

In prepping for the photo shoot, Harriman says, "... they didn’t need any direction, because they are, and always have been, waltzing through life together as absolute soulmates. When you see people who have the connection that they have, it's like reading the pages of a book..."

ET Canada discusses the pregnancy news, including a clip of Misan Harriman on GMA, interviewed by Robin Roberts:

Last edited:
Isn't it amazing how technology is allowing some semblance of ordinary life, from distance learning, zoom dating and now a beautiful photograph attributed to the voice organising and remote handling of an iPad.

Meghan was showing very early with Archie, which was partly why they made the announcement before the Australia tour. It seems unlikely that she'd have conceived again within a couple of months of her miscarriage, so June or even July seems more likely than May.

Does anyone know the month when the little girl should arrive? She is already pretty big, to look at the last picture in their garden.

Meghan replied, when Oprah asked the date, ‘In the summer’. So I would guess June, though May just might be a possibility. She looked pretty far along in the photo.

Why do I think that when baby girl Sussex arrives, we’ll be the last to know?

Why do I think that when baby girl Sussex arrives, we’ll be the last to know?
Because they'll probably time the announcement of the birth to coincide with the US TV morning shows.

Babies are born when they are born, they don’t plan it. The Queen’s own father was born on the anniversary of the death of Prince Albert, and everybody worried that it would upset his grandmother, Queen Victoria. So if the Sussexes baby daughter is born on Diana’s birthday or on William’s birthday, so be it.

Harry came out to the Royal Stables at Windsor within hours of Archie being born and spoke to the media about the birth. As the baby girl will almost certainly be born in a LA or Santa Barbara hospital, the chances of anybody keeping quiet for days about that would be zero. The announcement will come within hours IMO like any other royal birth.

Last edited:
LA is 8 hours behind London. It really won't matter when it is announced because it will be LA time regardless.

A newborn child coming into a family is a joyous and happy occasion and with the Sussex daughter, her birth will be a happy occasion they'll share with the world when they feel it appropriate. I'm not going to read anything else into this birth than that it is and will be a very happy occasion.

Babies are born when they are born, they don’t plan it. The Queen’s own father was born on the anniversary of the death of Prince Albert, and everybody worried that it would upset his grandmother, Queen Victoria. So if the Sussexes baby daughter is born on Diana’s birthday or on William’s birthday, so be it.

Harry came out to the Royal Stables at Windsor within hours of Archie being born and spoke to the media about the birth. As the baby girl will almost certainly be born in a LA or Santa Barbara hospital, the chances of anybody keeping quiet for days about that would be zero. The announcement will come within hours IMO like any other royal birth.
Not true. William was a scheduled c for Charles convenience, that was done quite a bit until recently

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom