The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #121  
Old 05-27-2021, 11:37 PM
Royalist.in.NC's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: Nowheresville, United States
Posts: 273
My C section almost 33 years ago was scheduled for the convenience of my doctor. He was going on vacation so if I wanted him as opposed to a colleague I had to have the section before he left. So I had to choose between having my eldest on 8-8-88 which we thought would be special ( of course I didn’t know that would be Beatrice’s birthday) or before the doctor left. So I chose the doctor and she was born on 8-5-88
__________________

  #122  
Old 05-27-2021, 11:57 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 8,260
Archie wasn’t born as the result of a C-section in 2019, so as far as we know it was a natural birth. And so the Sussexes baby daughter is probably going to be the same.
__________________

  #123  
Old 05-28-2021, 02:09 AM
LauraS3514's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Silicon Valley, United States
Posts: 706
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post
Not true. William was a scheduled c for Charles convenience, that was done quite a bit until recently
William's birth was INDUCED as a convenience, but it was an otherwise natural birth, not a c-section. Eugenie was a c-section as she was breech, and Louise due to emergency (placental abruption).
  #124  
Old 05-28-2021, 02:28 AM
muriel's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,263
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraS3514 View Post
William's birth was INDUCED as a convenience, but it was an otherwise natural birth, not a c-section.
Do we know this as a matter of record or is it just speculation?
  #125  
Old 05-28-2021, 03:09 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Top End, Australia
Posts: 760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post
Not true. William was a scheduled c for Charles convenience, that was done quite a bit until recently
Not true.

https://www.theguardian.com/theguard...-william-birth

Diane gave birth after a 13 hour labour. She went home the day afterwards - unlikely if she had a caesarean even with a regiment of staff to care for her.

Diana might have said many things as her marriage crumbled and in the aftermath of her divorce - that doesn’t make them true.
  #126  
Old 05-28-2021, 03:10 AM
Roslyn's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Tintenbar, Australia
Posts: 4,077
Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Do we know this as a matter of record or is it just speculation?
It seems that Diana told Morton about the birth, and it was induced, at Diana's request. I don't have his first book so can't check, but "People" quoted from it in an article a few years ago. 'When his mother Princess Diana gave birth to him on June 21, 1982, Prince William “had to be induced, because I couldn’t handle the press pressure any longer, it was becoming unbearable,” Diana later told her confidant, journalist Andrew Morton.' The article goes on to quote her further and it wasn't a Caesarean, although "they" seem to have wanted her to have one.
https://people.com/parents/royal-bir...rincess-diana/
__________________
"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings, -- and call off Christmas!!!"
  #127  
Old 05-28-2021, 03:25 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,324
None of that sounds very likely. Why would they have wanted a healthy young woman to have a Caesarean unless it was medically necessary? The birth may well have been induced if she was a couple of weeks past her due date, which happens a lot, but it seems unlikely that it was because of the "press pressure". She wouldn't have been going out in public much by that stage anyway.
  #128  
Old 05-28-2021, 03:27 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 9,088
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison H View Post
None of that sounds very likely. Why would they have wanted a healthy young woman to have a Caesarean unless it was medically necessary? The birth may well have been induced if she was a couple of weeks past her due date, which happens a lot, but it seems unlikely that it was because of the "press pressure". She wouldn't have been going out in public much by that stage anyway.
She didn't have a Caesarean. She says that the birth was induced, and did say at some stage that it was to suit Charles' timetable.. but its possible/probable that it was for medical reasons....that she was a bit past her due date.
Diana did say a lot of things about Charles to make him seem bad, so I wouldn't take it seriously....
Anyway I suppose Meg and Harry will announce thier baby's birth on social media when it suits them
  #129  
Old 05-28-2021, 04:55 AM
muriel's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
It seems that Diana told Morton about the birth, and it was induced, at Diana's request. I don't have his first book so can't check, but "People" quoted from it in an article a few years ago. 'When his mother Princess Diana gave birth to him on June 21, 1982, Prince William “had to be induced, because I couldn’t handle the press pressure any longer, it was becoming unbearable,” Diana later told her confidant, journalist Andrew Morton.' The article goes on to quote her further and it wasn't a Caesarean, although "they" seem to have wanted her to have one.
https://people.com/parents/royal-bir...rincess-diana/
Thank you!
  #130  
Old 05-28-2021, 04:56 AM
muriel's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
Diana did say a lot of things about Charles to make him seem bad, so I wouldn't take it seriously....
Fair point!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
She says that the birth was induced, and did say at some stage that it was to suit Charles' timetable.. but its possible/probable that it was for medical reasons....that she was a bit past her due date.
Its not uncommon for first pregnancies to go on past the due date, and inducing labour is not uncommon here in the UK.
  #131  
Old 05-28-2021, 07:29 AM
ACO ACO is offline
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 3,686
Archie was about week late. Baby Girl Sussex will come when she is ready.
  #132  
Old 05-28-2021, 08:11 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 752
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
Archie was about week late. Baby Girl Sussex will come when she is ready.

That's true too, babies come when they're ready.

  #133  
Old 05-31-2021, 10:42 AM
kathia_sophia's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: South, Portugal
Posts: 2,945
Soon she'll be a June baby (which I think is the due date). But they did say summer, and summer only starts at the end of the month, so the baby could be a July baby.
__________________
♫A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams.♥
  #134  
Old 05-31-2021, 10:54 AM
Somebody's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Somewhere, Suriname
Posts: 6,337
American school break for the summer typically start late May/early June (returning to school by Mid-August), so all of June would fall in the American definition of 'summer'.
  #135  
Old 05-31-2021, 11:04 AM
kathia_sophia's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: South, Portugal
Posts: 2,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
American school break for the summer typically start late May/early June (returning to school by Mid-August), so all of June would fall in the American definition of 'summer'.
Oh I see. I had no idea
__________________
♫A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams.♥
  #136  
Old 05-31-2021, 11:08 AM
Blog Real's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Lisboa, Portugal
Posts: 6,121
It is possible that the baby is about to be born. The baby is due in June.
__________________
My blogs about monarchies
  #137  
Old 05-31-2021, 11:15 AM
ACO ACO is offline
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 3,686
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
American school break for the summer typically start late May/early June (returning to school by Mid-August), so all of June would fall in the American definition of 'summer'.
This is true. Most schools will be out for summer in the next week or so, if they not already out.

I am thinking she is a June baby as well but we shall see.
  #138  
Old 05-31-2021, 11:28 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 9,088
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Real View Post
It is possible that the baby is about to be born. The baby is due in June.
Did they announce that?
  #139  
Old 05-31-2021, 11:31 AM
Blog Real's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Lisboa, Portugal
Posts: 6,121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
Did they announce that?
No. But it is my prediction.
__________________
My blogs about monarchies
  #140  
Old 05-31-2021, 11:33 AM
Sunnystar's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Oregon, United States
Posts: 593
When Meghan was a girl, schools in California tended to end the 1st week of June (I should know, my brothers and I graduated from a CA HS in the early 1990s), and returned the last week of August. This has gradually shifted in the last 15-20 years, especially with the emergence of year-round school calendars, so that most finish the 3rd week of May (usually Memorial Day weekend is the 4th weekend of the month, this year is unusual with 5 weekends in May and Memorial Day being the last), and they return the 2nd week of August.

My guess, if we're going by the school definition of "summer" - we're looking at the 2nd week of June at the earliest for Baby Girl Sussex's arrival. Of course, babies have their own time schedule and she could put in an appearance before then.
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Popular Tags
abu dhabi american archie mountbatten-windsor baby names biography britain british british royal family british royals buckingham palace camilla's family camilla parker bowles carolin china chinese clarence house cpr doge of venice dresses dubai duchess of sussex duke of cambridge duke of sussex earl of snowdon elizabeth ii family life fashion and style general news thread george vi gradenigo harry and meghan hello! hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume history hochberg hypothetical monarchs jewellery kensington palace king edward vii king willem-alexander list of rulers monarchy mountbatten names nepalese royal family plantinum jubilee pless prince charles of luxembourg prince harry princess alexia (2005 -) princess ariane princess chulabhorn princess dita princess eugenie princess laurentien princess of orange queen elizabeth ii queen louise queen victoria resusci anne royal jewels royalty of taiwan solomon j solomon spain thailand thai royal family uae customs united states welsh


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:29 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021
Jelsoft Enterprises
×