The Sussexes Are Expecting!

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My C section almost 33 years ago was scheduled for the convenience of my doctor. He was going on vacation so if I wanted him as opposed to a colleague I had to have the section before he left. So I had to choose between having my eldest on 8-8-88 which we thought would be special ( of course I didn’t know that would be Beatrice’s birthday) or before the doctor left. So I chose the doctor and she was born on 8-5-88:flowers::lol:

Archie wasn’t born as the result of a C-section in 2019, so as far as we know it was a natural birth. And so the Sussexes baby daughter is probably going to be the same.

Not true. William was a scheduled c for Charles convenience, that was done quite a bit until recently
William's birth was INDUCED as a convenience, but it was an otherwise natural birth, not a c-section. Eugenie was a c-section as she was breech, and Louise due to emergency (placental abruption).

William's birth was INDUCED as a convenience, but it was an otherwise natural birth, not a c-section.

Do we know this as a matter of record or is it just speculation?

Not true. William was a scheduled c for Charles convenience, that was done quite a bit until recently

Not true.

https://www.theguardian.com/theguardian/2012/jun/22/archive-1982-monarchy-prince-william-birth

Diane gave birth after a 13 hour labour. She went home the day afterwards - unlikely if she had a caesarean even with a regiment of staff to care for her.

Diana might have said many things as her marriage crumbled and in the aftermath of her divorce - that doesn’t make them true.

Do we know this as a matter of record or is it just speculation?

It seems that Diana told Morton about the birth, and it was induced, at Diana's request. I don't have his first book so can't check, but "People" quoted from it in an article a few years ago. 'When his mother Princess Diana gave birth to him on June 21, 1982, Prince William “had to be induced, because I couldn’t handle the press pressure any longer, it was becoming unbearable,” Diana later told her confidant, journalist Andrew Morton.' The article goes on to quote her further and it wasn't a Caesarean, although "they" seem to have wanted her to have one.
https://people.com/parents/royal-birth-watch-william-was-induced-said-princess-diana/

None of that sounds very likely. Why would they have wanted a healthy young woman to have a Caesarean unless it was medically necessary? The birth may well have been induced if she was a couple of weeks past her due date, which happens a lot, but it seems unlikely that it was because of the "press pressure". She wouldn't have been going out in public much by that stage anyway.

None of that sounds very likely. Why would they have wanted a healthy young woman to have a Caesarean unless it was medically necessary? The birth may well have been induced if she was a couple of weeks past her due date, which happens a lot, but it seems unlikely that it was because of the "press pressure". She wouldn't have been going out in public much by that stage anyway.

She didn't have a Caesarean. She says that the birth was induced, and did say at some stage that it was to suit Charles' timetable.. but its possible/probable that it was for medical reasons....that she was a bit past her due date.
Diana did say a lot of things about Charles to make him seem bad, so I wouldn't take it seriously....
Anyway I suppose Meg and Harry will announce thier baby's birth on social media when it suits them

Last edited:
It seems that Diana told Morton about the birth, and it was induced, at Diana's request. I don't have his first book so can't check, but "People" quoted from it in an article a few years ago. 'When his mother Princess Diana gave birth to him on June 21, 1982, Prince William “had to be induced, because I couldn’t handle the press pressure any longer, it was becoming unbearable,” Diana later told her confidant, journalist Andrew Morton.' The article goes on to quote her further and it wasn't a Caesarean, although "they" seem to have wanted her to have one.
https://people.com/parents/royal-birth-watch-william-was-induced-said-princess-diana/

Thank you!

Diana did say a lot of things about Charles to make him seem bad, so I wouldn't take it seriously....

Fair point!

She says that the birth was induced, and did say at some stage that it was to suit Charles' timetable.. but its possible/probable that it was for medical reasons....that she was a bit past her due date.

Its not uncommon for first pregnancies to go on past the due date, and inducing labour is not uncommon here in the UK.

Archie was about week late. Baby Girl Sussex will come when she is ready.

Archie was about week late. Baby Girl Sussex will come when she is ready.

That's true too, babies come when they're ready.

:flowers:

Last edited:
Soon she'll be a June baby (which I think is the due date). But they did say summer, and summer only starts at the end of the month, so the baby could be a July baby.

American school break for the summer typically start late May/early June (returning to school by Mid-August), so all of June would fall in the American definition of 'summer'.

American school break for the summer typically start late May/early June (returning to school by Mid-August), so all of June would fall in the American definition of 'summer'.
Oh I see. I had no idea:flowers:

It is possible that the baby is about to be born. The baby is due in June.

This is true. Most schools will be out for summer in the next week or so, if they not already out.

I am thinking she is a June baby as well but we shall see.

When Meghan was a girl, schools in California tended to end the 1st week of June (I should know, my brothers and I graduated from a CA HS in the early 1990s), and returned the last week of August. This has gradually shifted in the last 15-20 years, especially with the emergence of year-round school calendars, so that most finish the 3rd week of May (usually Memorial Day weekend is the 4th weekend of the month, this year is unusual with 5 weekends in May and Memorial Day being the last), and they return the 2nd week of August.

My guess, if we're going by the school definition of "summer" - we're looking at the 2nd week of June at the earliest for Baby Girl Sussex's arrival. Of course, babies have their own time schedule and she could put in an appearance before then.

June, July and August are "summer" here, even if some meteorologists insist that summer doesn't start until June 21st :) . Schools don't break up until mid-July, though! Meghan seemed quite well on when they made the announcement, so I'd think June. But we'll see!

Its hard to say, isn't it, but I imagine it will be June or July....

Yep. Memorial Day is the "unofficial first day of summer" in the US. It is always the last Monday in May.

It would be cute if the baby were born in the same day as Archie ;)

Im sure they'd prefer their own birthday.....each. ANyway wasn't he born in May?

Little one may be born the same day as her grandmother Diana.

Archie's birthday has come and gone. Prince Philip is June 10 and Prince William is June 21. Hopefully she avoids those days and has her own. Lol.

Does anybody think that the couple may hold back the announcement for a couple of days to give themselves some family time, that had been inferred before Archies birth but as it turned out it was announced the same day,

Does anybody think that the couple may hold back the announcement for a couple of days to give themselves some family time, that had been inferred before Archies birth but as it turned out it was announced the same day,

Theres no need for them to announce the birth. They are now private citizens. They have no official duties and can take all the family time they want.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom