The Duke of Sussex's Charities and Patronages

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
On Demand News

Verified account

@ODN
Follow Follow @ODN
More
Prince Harry sent a video message congratulating Matt Hampson on the opening of the @GBLCentre in Leicestershire. Hampson is a former rugby player who was paralysed from the neck down after a serious injury in a training session in 2005.

The Daily Mail reports the Duke and Duchess of Sussex will attend a carol service in Chelsea in support of the Henry Van Straubenzee Memorial Fund this evening. It's rumoured Meghan has been asked to give a reading.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do wonder if Harry and Meghan will attend the church caroling service tonight. I assume Harry will be there but I have my doubts about Meghan.

I do wonder if Harry and Meghan will attend the church caroling service tonight. I assume Harry will be there but I have my doubts about Meghan.

In another thread (I can’t remember which) someone linked to a report saying they’ll be there and that Meghan has been tapped to do one of the readings.

Nope...they are at the service tonight...Meghan even had a reading during the event.

LaRae

No, they’re at the Christmas Carol where Meghan is giving a reading. Very nice that she was asked to do so.

I presume there's information going around on Twitter from the royal reporters etc?

So this means they will not be attending the diplomatic reception.

Never expected that. That’s typically the top royals HM, Charles/Camilla, and Cambridges. Nice to see that they attended the Christmas Carole though. Meghan been a busy bee and still no pictures.

I presume there's information going around on Twitter from the royal reporters etc?

Yes. Roya attended. She posted the program.

Pictures of Sussexes leaving. Aww she definitely popped.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DtmdX4GU4AEGSpD?format=jpg&name=small

Does anyone know what the speech was about that Meghan gave tonight?

The article is unclear: will the duchess make a speech or 'give a reading '(from the bible?).

It also states that Harry hadn't seen many 'friends' since his engagement, which seems strange. If they were not to invited to the wedding it is safe to assume they were not friends any longer but perhaps acquaintances.

Last edited:
It doesn't surprise me one bit that Harry and Meghan attended the carol service for The Henry Van Straubenzee Memorial Fund. The Van Straubenzee family has had very close ties with the British royal family for years with Charles, William and Harry being very close friends with members of that family.

As it was a memorial carol service, I imagine the reading was a gospel or epistle reading like are commonly read at religious services.

Prince William sent a letter also talking about the memorial fund/charity and how great it was. It was included in the program..not sure if it was read out loud or what.

LaRae

The article is unclear: will the duchess make a speech or 'give a reading '(from the bible?).

It also states that Harry hadn't seen many 'friends' since his engagement, which seems strange. If they were not to invited to the wedding it is safe to assume they were not friends any longer but perhaps acquaintances.

Per the program she did a reading.

From the program, it seems she did a reading.

It's part of the narrative that the big meanie Meghan is twisting people's arms. The truth of the matter is, we don't know who they hang out with or how often. What we do know is that they are close enough for Harry to be the best man at Charlie's wedding. And it is said that Charlie made the best man's speech at the evening Frogmore reception with William. And really, if Meghan has kept Harry from his friends, do we really think they would ask Meghan to do a reading?

And I see the Baby Sussex growth spur keeps going. That's going to be one big baby at this rate. :lol:

ETA: In that ONE picture where we can see Meghan clearly, she looks really pretty!

Last edited:
Look who’s popped! Yeah, it was very nice that Meghan gave a reading. The royals see their friends whenever they have the time to do so. It’s all done privately.

We sure it’s just one in there? Lol. Just kidding. Kinda. My guess is a March baby.

Prince William was at the diplomatic corps reception but a letter he wrote was included in the program.

Last edited:
What pictures of Harry and Meghan? I only saw one with the tops of their heads, so could someone direct me to the other pictures? Thanks

Pictures are posted. Scroll up.

I think that phrase is just one of those weird, awkward and inaccurate things they write. Because I would imagine most of his friends came to his & Meghan's wedding and he and Meghan were at Charlie's wedding in August, with I'm sure much of the same group of friends.

I think that phrase is just one of those weird, awkward and inaccurate things they write. Because I would imagine most of his friends came to his & Meghan's wedding and he and Meghan were at Charlie's wedding in August, with I'm sure much of the same group of friends.

Looking back over my years and me getting involved and falling in love, I also recall that hanging out with friends kind of took a back seat to the budding relationship. Courtship does that to people. Along with Harry's courtship of Meghan, he also was in the process of stepping up his royal role and it seemed that every spare minute was given to his relationship at the time.

There's always going to be times in people's lives that they have to step back and shut out people because the focus needs to be on something specific at the time. So it goes with me right now. Other than close family for support, I've pretty much blocked out everyone else.

Most of Harry's core group of friends where at the wedding. Also two of Harry friends currently live in America.

Additionally Harry and Meghan are newlywed and also starting a new family in addition to supporting their charitable projects and endeavors, they also completed a tour of the Pacific. Perhaps the media should excuse Harry from going out clubbing with friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom