The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2019, 07:04 AM
Administrator

Here's more about the launch of Made by Sport at Black Prince Trust today:

** dm article: Prince Harry joined by boxers Anthony Joshua and Nicola Adams as they help to launch Made by Sport initiative ..**

Old 09-18-2019, 12:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Court Circular 17th September:
Buckingham Palace

The Duke of Sussex, Captain General, Royal Marines, this morning received Major General Charles Strickland upon relinquishing his appointment as Commandant General and Major General Matthew Holmes upon assuming the appointment.

Old 02-19-2020, 01:17 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

The Duke of Sussex's Charities and Patronages

Prince Henry, presumable in his capacity as patron will be at Silverstone on March 6th with racing driver and F1 World Champion Lewis Hamilton to open the Silverstone Experience.

https://twitter.com/royanikkhah/stat...991792641?s=21
Old 03-06-2020, 06:56 AM
Administrator

Prince Harry as Patron of the Silverstone Experience opened the Silverstone Experience with Formula One world champion driver Lewis Hamilton today, March 6:

** pa gallery ** rex gallery ** gettyimages gallery **

** dm article: Preparing for a speedy getaway, Harry? Duke arrives to open new Silverstone museum..**
Old 03-06-2020, 01:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

I guess it’s possible he was joking, but if this is all he said, I’d be peeved if I were a museum official.

Quote:
Prince Harry on opening a new museum at the Silverstone racetrack: "I'll keep this brief - there's nothing better than officially opening a building that is very much open."

Lucky you won't have to contend with such mundane tasks again eh, Harry
https://twitter.com/victoria_ward/st...056516096?s=21
Old 03-06-2020, 01:43 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsypaige View Post
I guess it’s possible he was joking, but I want to assume he said more or it’s not a good look. If he did say more, and he was kidding - which honestly, I have to assume he was, then that’s a bad look in Victoria

I don’t get the issue? From all accounts, we appear to have no video of the opening itself, Henry did say "I'll keep this brief - there's nothing better than officially opening a building that is very much open."

He has after all been asked to “open” a building that is already open. Victoria has unfortunately taken it to mean that Henry found the task mundane, which is a sentiment I disagree with.
Old 03-06-2020, 01:44 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsypaige View Post
I guess it’s possible he was joking, but if this is all he said, I’d be peeved if I were a museum official

It isn't all he said and it's very plain he didn't consider it a "mundane task" at all. Reporters shouldn't ascribe motives to people as though they're fact.

Just looking at the Silverstone twitter feed gives a flavour of how much interest Harry showed. https://twitter.com/SilverstoneExp
Old 03-06-2020, 02:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilyflo View Post
It isn't all he said and it's very plain he didn't consider it a "mundane task" at all. Reporters shouldn't ascribe motives to people as though they're fact.

Just looking at the Silverstone twitter feed gives a flavour of how much interest Harry showed. https://twitter.com/SilverstoneExp
I figured he said more, which is why I wanted to delete my first post. Instead I made a new one...oops!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I don’t get the issue? From all accounts, we appear to have no video of the opening itself, Henry did say "I'll keep this brief - there's nothing better than officially opening a building that is very much open."

He has after all been asked to “open” a building that is already open. Victoria has unfortunately taken it to mean that Henry found the task mundane, which is a sentiment I disagree with.
At first I did, too, but I should know better since I have that same kind of dry sense of humor. Well, he looked like he was having a good time!
Old 03-06-2020, 03:13 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The Duke of Sussex at the opening of The Silverstone Experience today.

Old 04-07-2020, 11:25 PM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

As the couple's decision to step back from the Royal Family has officially come into effect as of April 1, this thread will be closed.

A joint Charities and Patronages thread for Harry and Meghan has been created, it can be found here: https://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...ges-47391.html.

All patronage-related news is to be posted there.