The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2019, 11:05 AM
Administrator

The Duke of Sussex as Captain General Royal Marines visited 42 Commando Royal Marines at their base in Bickleigh to carry out a Green Beret presentation today, February 20:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** gettyimages gallery ** rex gallery **

** dailymail: Harry's back in uniform! Prince arrives at the Royal Marines base in Devon..**

Old 02-20-2019, 11:23 AM
Courtier

It is great to see The Duke of Sussex visiting the Royal Marines. Nice pictures; he looks good, they all do, something about men in uniform!

Old 02-20-2019, 12:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

The Duke of Sussex as Captain General Royal Marines visited 42 Commando Royal Marines at their base in Bickleigh to carry out a Green Beret presentation today, February 20:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** gettyimages gallery ** rex gallery **

** dailymail: Harry's back in uniform! Prince arrives at the Royal Marines base in Devon..**
Wow, twice in week of Harry in uniform. Great week in my opinion!
Old 02-20-2019, 12:44 PM
Majesty

Its always great to see Harry in uniform. He's been a busy fella in Meghan's absence. Back with the Marines, but Commandos this time!
Old 02-20-2019, 02:43 PM
Nobility

Prince Harry looks terrific in uniform.

The Duke of Sussex is watching members of 42 Commando display their strength and meeting new recruits who have made it through gruelling initiation training

https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/new...-visit-2563474
Old 02-20-2019, 03:34 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

HRH The Duke of Sussex from his visit to the 42 Commando Royal Marines at their base in Bickleigh today.

Old 02-21-2019, 09:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Court Circular 20th February:
The Duke of Sussex, Captain General, Royal Marines, today visited 42 Commando Royal Marines at Bickleigh Barracks, Dartmoor, and was received by Her Majesty's Lord-Lieutenant of Devon (Mr. David Fursdon).

His Royal Highness afterwards presented Green Berets to Royal Marines recruits at Shaugh Prior, Dartmoor.
Old 02-22-2019, 04:24 PM
Imperial Majesty

42 Commando Royal Marines posted in Twitter a sarcastic answer (very well did ) because left Prince Harry closes his own car door on his visit on 20 February.

"We thought the visit had gone so well until we saw this report of an epic planning fail on our part. We can only apologise to the nation for letting you all down. You have a right to expect better Royal car door etiquette from your Commandos."

https://metrouk2.files.wordpress.com...size=768%2C510

https://t.co/99HEWk016y
Old 02-23-2019, 05:25 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
Wow, twice in week of Harry in uniform. Great week in my opinion!
Definitely a great week and they're both going to head to Morocco next. I like seeing Harry happy doing what he loves best and we saw Meghan doing her own thing too. This is a couple that can revel in their individuality yet together are a formidable team armed with purpose, welded by love and ready, willing and able to do what is demanded of them with a charm offensive.

I'm definitely going to be keeping my eyes peeled for a beautiful caftan while in Morocco. I definitely think she's probably going to rock some color while she's there.
Old 03-16-2019, 04:13 PM
Imperial Majesty

Prince Harry , Captain General of the RoyalMarines, will atttend tonight the Mountbatten Festival of Music from the Royal Albert Hall

With the Royal Marines’s uniform tonight

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D1zwuVhXgAE1TBs.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D1zdbq6X4AADbRH.jpg

Article

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...val-Music.html

Live

Old 03-16-2019, 11:07 PM
Majesty

another video
https://youtu.be/bE5HFrlp0uA

is this the first time in this uniform for Harry?
Old 03-17-2019, 01:33 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyesco View Post
Is this the first time in this uniform for Harry?
Yes. I quite like it, has a bit more flair than his other options.

Court Circular 16th March:
The Duke of Sussex, Captain General, Royal Marines, this evening attended the Mountbatten Festival of Music at the Royal Albert Hall, Kensington Gore, London SW7, and was received by Her Majesty's Lord-Lieutenant of Greater London (Sir Kenneth Olisa).
Old 03-17-2019, 01:50 AM
Majesty

Harry looks very nice in his dress uniform. Red and gold, very impressive! Hope he enjoyed the evening.
Old 03-18-2019, 01:20 PM
Commoner

I've been reading comments on Daily Fail about Harry's appearance in marine uniform at the Mountbatten Festival of music.

Why so much negativity towards him? Apparently he didn't earn the right to wear uniform.All his service in army and Afghanistan is rendered null and void.

I guess, his current critics would be fawning over him if he had stayed bachelor.
Old 03-19-2019, 07:06 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by solinka View Post
I've been reading comments on Daily Fail about Harry's appearance in marine uniform at the Mountbatten Festival of music.

Why so much negativity towards him? Apparently he didn't earn the right to wear uniform.All his service in army and Afghanistan is rendered null and void.

I guess, his current critics would be fawning over him if he had stayed bachelor.
That is very true solinka, I think so too. However, they seem to forget also that other males in the BRF who have served in the services also wear ceremonial and dress uniform at engagements as well. It's not just Harry. Having said tha, the Fail commenters are a sour and pathetic crowd and IMO it's best not to read their outpourings.
Old 03-19-2019, 07:31 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
That is very true solinka, I think so too. However, they seem to forget also that other males in the BRF who have served in the services also wear ceremonial and dress uniform at engagements as well. It's not just Harry. Having said tha, the Fail commenters are a sour and pathetic crowd and IMO it's best not to read their outpourings.

His grandfather who he took over from was never a Royal Marine either .Over half a century as the Captain General and no one said boo to a goose about it .When Harry was appointed it was a popular decision among the Marines themselves as according to The Forces he had been supplying air cover to the RM Commandos during his last tour so he was tickety-boo with them .

William wore his Irish Guards uniform on Sunday at the St Paddy's Day

Not one complaint .Funny that

And have these keyboard warriors (with a 99.9% chance of having nothing to do with the Regiment in question )not notice Anne in her Blues and Royals Colonels uniform at Trooping for the past 20 years ?

Old 05-22-2019, 07:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Court Circular 21st May:
Kensington Palace

The Duke of Sussex, Captain General, Royal Marines, this afternoon received representatives of the Royal Marines Charity.
Old 05-22-2019, 08:36 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
42 Commando Royal Marines posted in Twitter a sarcastic answer (very well did ) because left Prince Harry closes his own car door on his visit on 20 February.

"We thought the visit had gone so well until we saw this report of an epic planning fail on our part. We can only apologise to the nation for letting you all down. You have a right to expect better Royal car door etiquette from your Commandos."

https://metrouk2.files.wordpress.com...size=768%2C510

https://t.co/99HEWk016y
Sorry to be so late to this discussion, but I love this tweet and I love the picture of the Prince closing his own car door. I think the military must appreciate having a leader appointed who has actually served, rather than one who was just given some medals and a uniform to wear.
Old 05-22-2019, 08:49 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
The Commandos obviously feel that Harry is "one of the guys" and felt comfortable cracking a sarcastic comment about car door etiquette. I sincerely believe that Harry really does feel comfortable and "at home" when he is among military personnel, knows what they endure and most likely misses being a part of it all.

I'm just really happy that Harry was able to take his royal role that has been planned for him and use it for the betterment of military personnel and their needs. His military appointments also have meaning behind it. Its one very important lesson that I think he'll definitely pass onto his son.
Old 06-12-2019, 07:04 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Duke of Sussex attend today at the launch of Made by Sport a new campaign bringing together a coalition of charities supporting disadvantaged young people through sport

https://www.gettyimages.com/search/2...alproducts=all

https://www.rexfeatures.com/livefeed...aunch,_london?

Closed Thread