The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and the Commonwealth

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JessRulz

Former Administrator
City
Melbourne
Country
Australia
og9nvd.png
9hsaiq.png

Arms of TRH The Duke of Sussex and The Duchess of Sussex

The Duke of Sussex as
Commonwealth Youth Ambassador

Announced April 16, 2018

and

President of The Queen’s Commonwealth Trust

Announced April 12, 2018

The Duchess of Sussex as
Vice President of The Queen’s Commonwealth Trust

Announced March 8, 2019

Last edited:
Another role for Harry!

BUCKINGHAM PALACE

PRINCE HARRY TO SERVE AS COMMONWEALTH YOUTH AMBASSADOR

Her Majesty The Queen, Head of the Commonwealth, has appointed His Royal Highness Prince Henry of Wales as a Commonwealth Youth Ambassador.

In this new role, Prince Harry will highlight and support the work and aspirations of young people across the Commonwealth. Over 60 per cent of the Commonwealth's 2.4 billion people are under the age of 30. Prince Harry will work to create links between young people and youth leaders of the Commonwealth and to encourage them to use Commonwealth platforms to address the social, economic, and environmental challenges of their generation.

His Royal Highness's first engagements as Ambassador will be on Monday 16th April when he attends the Youth Round Table and opening session of the Youth Forum. Prince Harry's work in this role will include UK engagements highlighting the value of the Commonwealth and promoting the value of the Commonwealth on His Royal Highness's scheduled tours to Commonwealth countries.

The Youth Forum is one of a series of forums that form part of the programme for the week-long Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting.

An excellent role for Harry and one he'll throw himself into wholeheartedly, I'm sure!

Seems very appropriate to name him to this position!

LaRae

Court Circular 16th April:
Prince Henry of Wales this morning attended a Commonwealth Youth Cabinet Meeting at The Queen Elizabeth II Conference Centre, Broad Sanctuary, London SW1.

His Royal Highness afterwards attended the Commonwealth Youth Forum Opening Session at The Queen Elizabeth II Conference Centre.

Prince Henry of Wales this afternoon received the Hon. Josaia Voreqe Bainimarama (Prime Minister of the Republic of Fiji) at Buckingham Palace.

Court Circular 17th April:
Prince Henry of Wales this morning received the Hon. Roosevelt Skerrit (Prime Minister of Dominica) at Buckingham Palace.

The President of the Republic of Malawi called upon His Royal Highness at Buckingham Palace.

The President of the Republic of Rwanda called upon Prince Henry of Wales at Buckingham Palace.

The President of the Republic of Botswana this afternoon called upon His Royal Highness at Buckingham Palace.

Court Circular 18th April:
Prince Henry of Wales this morning attended a Reception with Commonwealth Youth Delegates at The Queen Elizabeth II Centre, Broad Sanctuary, London SW1.

Court Circular 19th April:
Prince Henry of Wales this evening attended a Reception on Women's Empowerment at the Royal Aeronautical Society, 4 Hamilton Place, London W1.

The Duke of Sussex as Commonwealth Youth Ambassador

Meghan and Harry will attend the ‘Your Commonwealth’ Youth Challenge Reception on Thursday 5th July at Marlborough House in London, marking the culmination of @CommonwealthSec’s Youth Leadership workshop.

I believe that this upcoming event with HM was posted in the British Royal Family Engagements thread.?

I believe that this upcoming event with HM was posted in the British Royal Family Engagements thread.?

It's a different one. This one is at Marlborough House hosted by Commonwealth Secretary-General. The Queen will not be in attendance. Just Harry and Meghan.

Last edited:
It's so good to see them both. They look great, especially Meghan in her yellow, just gorgeous!

Happy to see them together enjoying themselves. And nice to see Meghan took time to brush her hair and keep it in place.

Excellent posture on Meghan's part. :flowers: (Almost wrote 'on Mary's part' ;) her perfect posture does remind me of Crown Princess Mary of Denmark).

Last edited:
I do experience Meghan's energy as far more subdued. :huh: Becoming more British? Hard to say, of course, She is an amiable and well-mannered woman so her behavior is on-point always. But the pressure on her for a lot of reasons must be enormous still (and all the criticism must be hard to absorb). Rather than lessening I could see it increasing as the newness dies down and reality sinks in. Not that the reality is 'bad' just must be hard, I think. Just my hunch.

My hope for her is that she has a baby soon to allow her to start making her own nest. :flowers:

Excellent posture on Meghan's part. :flowers: (Almost wrote 'on Mary's part' ;) her perfect posture does remind me of Crown Princess Mary of Denmark).
I love Mary so much. I wonder if Meghan's posture is from her work as an actress.

Additional photos from the Commonwealth Flickr page.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/comsec/albums/72157670860101688/with/28351825607/

I guess I don't see the subdued energy or tenseness that others referenced. Looking at pictures of H&M speaking with the attendees they appear to be as animated as ever. They seem interested and are often joking and laughing with the small groups. I was particularly happy that they seem to be developing a good rapport with the Secretary General since they'll likely be working with her quite a bit.

Not sure what more people expected to see unless you wanted H&M to break into an impromptu jig with the steel drum band.

I also didn't see any subdued energy or any tenseness anywhere. Looking through all the pictures and videos, to me it looks like they were like they've always been on engagements, very charming, engaging and in tune with the engagement.

Neither did I. Harry and Meghan were seen exchanging glances, smiling, chatting. Meghan, like her husband, is a tactile person. On several occasions she was there chatting and having a laugh, touching the person near to her momentarily on the shoulder or arm. She and Harry seemed totally engaged and happy to me. It was nice to see.

In the video Meghan is having a total blinking fit, it's like her fake eyelashes are too heavy for her to keep her eyes open, very distracting. Neither one of them seem very comfortable or at ease, both are very tense and somewhat distracted imo.

We are looking at the same article? :ermm:

Watching the video and seeing several stills I thought they were as their usual selves...I didn't notice any tension or unease. They were laughing and still tactile at times.

LaRae

I love Mary so much. I wonder if Meghan's posture is from her work as an actress.

I would say yes. :flowers: She is 'full-body' into her 'role'. Also all that yoga gives her elegant body awareness. We will never see her slouching in her seat.

I also didn't see any subdued energy or any tenseness anywhere. Looking through all the pictures and videos, to me it looks like they were like they've always been on engagements, very charming, engaging and in tune with the engagement.

I mentioned the subdued energy (someone else saw tenseness, I did not). It comes across in the video, not in the still photos. JMO. In general there is just less 'overtness' in her manner and that makes sense for a whole raft of reasons: most important being 'conservation of energy'. ;) It's not necessarily a bad thing though I do think Meghan is under a lot of strain these days. She for sure handles it well overall.

I would say yes. :flowers: She is 'full-body' into her 'role'. Also all that yoga gives her elegant body awareness. We will never see her slouching in her seat.

I mentioned the subdued energy (someone else saw tenseness, I did not). It comes across in the video, not in the still photos. JMO. In general there is just less 'overtness' in her manner and that makes sense for a whole raft of reasons: most important being 'conservation of energy'. ;) It's not necessarily a bad thing though I do think Meghan is under a lot of strain these days. She for sure handles it well overall.

I also watched videos, and didn't see subdued energy. But that's fine, we all see things differently.

I agree I think that the yoga is responsible for her posture and arms ...along with probably being told to stand up straight etc when younger. I'd same some of it was from her former job field as well. Having to pose etc.

I wonder if Mary and Letizia do yoga..they have good posture too.

LaRae

I agree I think that the yoga is responsible for her posture and arms ...along with probably being told to stand up straight etc when younger. I'd same some of it was from her former job field as well. Having to pose etc.

I wonder if Mary and Letizia do yoga..they have good posture too.

LaRae

I remember reading an article many moons ago that CP Mary did yoga, and was doing yoga until late in her pregnancies with Christian and Isabella. Not sure of Queen Letizia.

Meghan's posture is enviable!

TRH The Duke and Duchess of Sussex met with Commonwealth young leaders in London yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom