The Duke of Sussex as Co-Founder and Patron of Sentebale

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
All the other polo matches this yr have been for charity for both W and H (I remember Wellchild off the top of my head)

with this one is that KP announced that H (and only H) was attending as patron of Sentebale.

It is the only polo match that has made it into the Court Circular.

There is no rhyme or reason to how it all works IMO.

Isn't the difference that this match was actually organized by Sentebale with the help of sponsors? The other matches generated charitable donations, but we're not organized by one of Wiliam or Harry's charities themselves. This is the match that has been played in Singapore, South Africa, Florida, etc as well in the past.

Kensington Palace confirms today that The Duke and Duchess of Sussex will attend the gala performance of Hamilton to raise funds for Sentebale.

Kensington Palace

Verified account

@KensingtonRoyal
15m15 minutes ago
More
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex will attend a gala performance of @HamiltonWestEnd in support of @Sentebale at the Victoria Palace Theatre on Wednesday 29th August.

The evening will raise awareness and funds for Sentebale's work with children and young people affected by HIV.

Shall we assume Meghan will dress-up for the August 29th evening to see the play 'Hamilton'? :flowers: Bling? Tiara?

No tiara-it has been years since tiaras were worn to the theatre. And jewelry yes but not sure how blingy. Probably a nice gown or cocktail dress depending on the formality.

No tiara-it has been years since tiaras were worn to the theatre. And jewelry yes but not sure how blingy. Probably a nice gown or cocktail dress depending on the formality.

Look forward to seeing how Meghan will dress for this event. :flowers:

I am just so thrilled about this. What a win for Sentebale.

I’ve seen Hamilton 4x, including the London production and it’s just such a historic show. My friend is in the London production so I will let folks know if they allow me to share any anecdotes from tonight

Great look! :flowers: Well done, Meghan, for so many reasons. What I don't understand is why there were no snaps of Harry and Meghan arriving outside the theatre. Maybe because it's not a celebrity event? Probably that's the reason. ;)

They entered from a side entrance. Same way as the royals entered the Royal Albert Hall for the Queen's Birthday Concert.

:previous: Thank you, All. :flowers: Wonder why all the discretion?

It was nice to see the Sussexes at an event again. We can hope this means silly season is over :D
Meghan and Harry looked very happy at the event this evening - I loved the photos of Meghan looking around at the crowds!

Hamilton gala

It was nice to see the Sussexes at an event again. We can hope this means silly season is over :D
Meghan and Harry looked very happy at the event this evening - I loved the photos of Meghan looking around at the crowds!

You took the words right out of my mouth. So nice to see the happy couple again out and about.
Back door arrival, Perhaps Harry didn't want to run the guantlet through the media scrum at the front door.

This is a great opportunity to showcase the work being done by Sentebale. ?.

Both of them looked so happy, engaged and chatting with others. They were obviously enjoying themselves. And Harry's little musical interlude at the end...adorable. So happy to see them out and about again and more to come!

Looks like it was a lovely evening for all!

What a fantastic event! apparently Meghan told the actors that Harry sings the musical at home. He also sang part of the song in which his ancestor King George sings in the play. This event shows how Anglo/American connection is great for helping others. Meghan and Harry seem to have a knack at making connections.

Prince Harry as Co-Founder and Patron of Sentebale

Just saw a clip of Harry's few notes - that boy is teasing us but it would seem he can sing.
A lovely relaxed evening and yes, so good to have some positive coverage for this couple after a torrid summer.

Awwww I loved how the cast caught that moment!

Last edited:
Its those little off the cuff and unexpected things that make a public appearance so memorable and seem to make the royals seem more "just like us" and we identify with them. We know they're human. We know they're in love. We know they think of each other in loving terms.

That was a sweet "awwww" moment that has been entered into history as a memorable visit to the theater to see "Hamilton". I love it! ?

I saw the video it was cute; glad snippets like this is all they can get of her speaking.

Just saw a clip of Harry's few notes - that boy is teasing us but it would seem he can sing.
A lovely relaxed evening and yes, so good to have some positive coverage for this couple after a torrid summer.

He does seem to have a nice baritone voice. Meghan told one of the cast that he sings the songs from the musical all the time.

Great look! :flowers: Well done, Meghan, for so many reasons. What I don't understand is why there were no snaps of Harry and Meghan arriving outside the theatre. Maybe because it's not a celebrity event? Probably that's the reason. ;)

Some additional photos have turned up on the Internet of M&H entering the theater from a back or side entrance. And there's a nicer view of Meghan's updo in a lot of additional photos.

I saw some shots of them entering the theater on Pinterest. The below article purports to have 'every' photo of their Hamilton appearance, but it doesn't have the photos of them entering the theater!

https://www.harpersbazaar.com/celebrity/latest/g22872864/prince-harry-meghan-markle-at-hamilton/

Here's an ABC news report video of the event and its purpose:

And the below Bon Appetit video does include several photos of M&H entering the theater@4:34 - 4:50, along with additional video of the entire evening: greeting the Mirandas and theater personnel, sitting in their seats, and greeting cast members after the show.

Last edited:
There are a lot of articles out there claiming Meghan revealed her pet name for Prince Harry when photos were being taken with the cast of Hamilton. Some of the articles claim she turned to Harry and asked, "Can you see, my love?" But that's not a pet name though. According to her former agent, Meghan supposedly calls Harry, 'Haz' for short. And he calls her 'Meg' or 'Megs.' Both are obvious diminutives, and 'my love,' is a figure of speech.
https://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2018083161771/meghan-markle-prince-harry-pet-name-royal-news/

The video attached to some of the articles simply shows Meghan looking back at Harry, but we can't hear what she says. Then she seems to look surprised, and covers her mouth. I think these stories are made-up. We do not know why she seemed to say 'Oops' and covered her mouth. She may have taken a mis-step as she was trying to move around and make sure she wasn't blocking Harry in the photo.

One thing I've noticed is how Harry allows Meghan to walk ahead of him, especially on certain occasions, such as the Mandela exhibit, and this Hamilton event. It's as if Harry gives Meghan preference for events that are particularly connected to interests she has, such as 'racial' equality (i.e., Mandela exhibit), and acting (i.e., Hamilton gala). But generally, Harry has always seemed to want Meghan to walk by his side, or in front of him actually, often letting her enter a doorway first. They both seem to be conscious of treating each other as equals. That does go against old-fashioned/ ancient royal protocol. They've always thrown self-conscious stiffness to the wind, with their frequent PDAs that we've seen throughout their relationship. They both have an up-to-date vibe and a compassion for people generally and for young people in particular.

I expect that the Hamilton gala raised a great deal of money for Sentebale, and that's wonderful! I hope we will eventually get to see M&H together touring Sentebale in Botswana.

ETA:
I see someone already posted a link to the Cosmopolitan article, where the 'my love' story originated. We can't hear what Meghan says in the video. And from looking at it, I doubt her reaction had anything to do with embarrassment for what she said to Harry. More likely the photo was being snapped as she turned around, and perhaps that's why she covered her mouth and laughed. We'd have to have been there standing next to her to know for sure what she said.

Last edited:
:previous: In come of the video it’s clear she said can you see, my love? And then the cast went aww. And then Meghan realized they heard her. But it was so short and quiet that it’s blink and you missed it.

As for letting her walk in front of him, I doubt it has any racial implications or anything like that. More like him being a gentleman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom