The Duke of Sussex as Co-Founder and Patron of Sentebale

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its a solo visit was hoping the duchess would accompany him to Amsterdam.

It seems that Prince Harry met our new mayor (lady in red) before most of our own royals did. She was only sworn in last week.

One of the captions states that he is in the British embassy in Amsterdam. This is impossible as there is no British embassy in Amsterdam. All embassies are in The Hague, including the one of the UK. There is a British consulate in Amsterdam, on the Museum square, but it doesn't seem that he visited it as the reception was held in Pakhuis de Zwijger, a former warehouse (named after William the Silent/de Zwijger) that was turned into a space for cultural companies and events 10 years ago or so.

Last edited:
Thanks for the links and photos. Harry looks in fine form. How lovely about the mayor! A very cordial meeting too!

Harry partly co-founded his charity Sentebale after visiting Lesotho and seeing so many children left orphaned by AIDS. It's so good to see him taking up the cause that his mother Diana was very closely involved with. I'm sure Harry will find this conference extremely interesting and informative, and it is indeed good to see him interacting so well with the delegates.

The Duke of Sussex and singer Elton John participated in a AIDS2018 conference session about the work of the Elton John Aids Foundation today, July 24, and launched the MenStar Coalition, a "1.2-billion-dollar initiative to break the HIV transmission cycle in men through testing and treatment".

** A copy of his speech: "A speech by The Duke of Sussex at the International AIDS Conference" **

** gettyimages gallery ** anp gallery ** robinutrecht.photoshelter gallery ** dailymail article ** ppe gallery **

Last edited:
Thanks for the links and photos. This is a wonderful initiative and I wish it every success.

Court Circular 23rd July:
The Duke of Sussex this morning departed from Heathrow Airport, London, for the Netherlands and was received upon arrival at Amsterdam Airport Schiphol by Mr. Nicholas Heath (Deputy Head of Mission, British Embassy in Amsterdam).

His Royal Highness, Patron, Sentebale, this afternoon attended the International AIDS Conference, RAI Amsterdam, Europaplein 24, Amsterdam.

The Duke of Sussex this evening attended a Reception given by Her Majesty's Ambassador to the Kingdom of the Netherlands (His Excellency the Hon. Peter Wilson) at Pakhuis de Zwijger, Amsterdam.

Ms. Heather Wong and Mr. Jason Knauf are in attendance.

Court Circular 24th July:
The Duke of Sussex this morning attended the launch of the Menstar Coalition at the International AIDS Conference, RAI Amsterdam, Europaplein 24, Amsterdam, the Netherlands.

His Royal Highness this afternoon arrived at Heathrow Airport, London, from the Netherlands.
Ms. Heather Wong and Mr. Jason Knauf were in attendance.

Last edited:
Prince Harry will be playing in today’s charity match, which raises much-needed funds and awareness for Sentable’s work in southern Africa, supporting children and young people affected by HIV.

LaRae

Prince Harry as Co-Founder and Patron of Sentebale

The Duke of Sussex is participating in the Sentebale Polo Cup today.

The Duchess of Sussex and Mike Tindall are in attendance. Zara and Mia Tindall were supposed to attend but Mike has said they will not be there.

Harry and Meghan are now having lunch before the prince plays polo. We believe Meghan will hand out prizes to the winners and losers - including her husband at around 4.30 @Sentebale #polo

Last edited:
Can someone explain to me why they show up as completely private people on their private time sometimes, but then there is a red carpet the other times at polo? I'm utterly confused.

Regardless, good luck to Harry and all the players today. I heard it's supposed to be a hot one.

My daughter in law and son in SW Germany said it's 93 there today...no A/C of course and they are on the upper level of a house..so very warm.

LaRae

Prince Harry will be playing in today’s charity match, which raises much-needed funds and awareness for Sentable’s work in southern Africa, supporting children and young people affected by HIV.

LaRae

Good on Harry and his team. Huge amounts have been raised at polo matches for this excellent cause over the years since Sentebale was formed.

It's nice to see Meghan at a Sentebale event with Harry - I can imagine that she will become as equally involved in his charities as time goes on.

Can someone explain to me why they show up as completely private people on their private time sometimes, but then there is a red carpet the other times at polo? I'm utterly confused.

Regardless, good luck to Harry and all the players today. I heard it's supposed to be a hot one.

I would think it has something to do with the event. The yearly polo games William and Henry are invited guests as part of a team, privately.

This game was purposely for Sentebale and it’s to raise money for the charity.

What a lovely way to publically introduce Meghan to Sentabale. So many lovely pictures today. I imagine this will be the last public images we will see of them this summer.

The event raised $1.3 million today for Sentebale.

Omid Scobie

Verified account

@scobie
Following Following @scobie
More
Fantastic achievement at the #SentebabeISPSPolo - over $1.3million raised for @Sentebale’s incredible work with children and young people with HIV/AIDS.
This comes just days after Harry launched the MenStar Coalition, an initiative combatting the spread of HIV infections in men.

12:09 PM - 26 Jul 2018

Ok, I'm not proud of this, but I have to get to the not as serious stuff. The kiss! That was unexpected! But I'm really happy these two are showing their affection for each other. Meghan looked so very proud and Harry looked so content. Nacho was absolutely right when he said they are very lucky to have found each other.

Ok, I'm not proud of this, but I have to get to the not as serious stuff. The kiss! That was unexpected! But I'm really happy these two are showing their affection for each other. Meghan looked so very proud and Harry looked so content. Nacho was absolutely right when he said they are very lucky to have found each other.

It was very funny, over on twitter some folks were all up in arms about their PDA...then someone posted all the pics of Charles and Diana kissing at polo matches! ?

One of the little video clips I saw was of them leaving as they are walking away Harry starts doing this funny walk (they were talking and he was demonstrating) ..a neat glimpse into personality.

LaRae

It was very funny, over on twitter some folks were all up in arms about their PDA...then someone posted all the pics of Charles and Diana kissing at polo matches! ?

LaRae

A man kissing his wife after a game of polo. How scandalous! :lol: I swear, some people will get upset at anything.

One of the little video clips I saw was of them leaving as they are walking away Harry starts doing this funny walk (they were talking and he was demonstrating) ..a neat glimpse into personality.

? Where's the video clip?

Yes, where is the video clip, please. I love to see the looks Harry and Meghan give each other, so sweet, and the fact they don't care about kissing each other in front of the cameras.

And it's wonderful that Sentebale got such a large donation from the polo match.

I've come to realize something about Harry as the years pass and that is that when Harry commits to something, he stays completely and totally committed as time passes. This is true of him with Sentebale and also with his Invictus Games and just about anything he's taken on as he grew older and that includes his marriage.

This is a man that doesn't take commitments lightly but can and will put his heart and soul into them. With the clips from the Sentebale polo matches, we see this in Harry in both his commitment to Sentebale and also to his marriage to Meghan.

Warms the heart. :D

LaRae
Well her heels made sense when it was realised that she was presenting the trophy to the winning team, who just happened to be Harry's and when she gave the Trophy to Nacho, the team captain, he caught her with a double peck. It always gets me because I can never remember whether to go left or right first. Looks like Meghan was a little taken aback as well.

However, Harry put his left hand out around her waist and she turned into a really sweet kiss, almost like Nacho gave him, as a winner, permission to kiss her on the dais. But the kiss was short and sweet and was followed by a photo with Harry and Nacho holding the cup over her head.

BUT, that kiss is all over the Net and, as with anything taken out of context, it looks like they were in a passionate embrace snogging. And, just in case you were in any doubt, "We do not snog on the winners' dais at Polo!". We're British!

Last edited:
:previous: I do wonder if those people saying "we don't do that!" are actually British. :lol:

I would think it has something to do with the event. The yearly polo games William and Henry are invited guests as part of a team, privately.

This game was purposely for Sentebale and it’s to raise money for the charity.

All the other polo matches this yr have been for charity for both W and H (I remember Wellchild off the top of my head)

with this one is that KP announced that H (and only H) was attending as patron of Sentebale.

It is the only polo match that has made it into the Court Circular.

There is no rhyme or reason to how it all works IMO.

All the other polo matches this yr have been for charity for both W and H (I remember Wellchild off the top of my head)

with this one is that KP announced that H (and only H) was attending as patron of Sentebale.

It is the only polo match that has made it into the Court Circular.

There is no rhyme or reason to how it all works IMO.

Is it because Sentebale made an event out of it? I thought he's already played for Sentebale this year in one of the earlier polo games?

In other news, Mark Dyer seems to attend a lot of the polo games. He was seen chatting with Meghan while watching the game yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom