The Duke of Sussex and Walking with the Wounded

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sooo....The Brits have Harry and the US have Alexander....I wonder which, if anyone, famous Canadian will joining the Team from Solider On? Regardless, I'm really looking forward to following the Race/Expedition and hope it has the impact intended by everyone who is taking part in it.

Last edited by a moderator:
WWTW ‏@supportthewalk 1h
Wish luck to #TeamGlenfiddich & Prince Harry for the 24hrs #ColdChamber Training Exercise for @VirginMoney #SouthPole2013 Allied Challenge

Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal 5m
#royal while Prince #Harry inside chamber he and team mates will use cross-trainers and exercise bikes to simulate physical pressures #WWTW

Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal 8m
.@supportthewalk tweeted pic of chamber Prince #Harry went into this morning to prep for extreme weather #SouthPole pic.twitter.com/yZRCwuPmUy

Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal 15s
#royal I'll be live at 7am tomorrow from the cold chamber as Prince #Harry and the team emerge from -35C. #Brrrr! @supportthewalk

Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal 48m
#royal #Harry on right, pedalling in cold chamber to get heart rate up which is being monitored #WWTW @VirginMoney pic.twitter.com/CXdMKQ5Vkx

Prince Harry Chills Out For South Pole Trek:
Prince Harry Chills Out For South Pole Trek

Video:
Prince Harry Leaves Big Freeze For Polar Trek-
http://news.sky.com/story/1142735/prince-harry-leaves-big-freeze-for-polar-trek

Last edited by a moderator:
British Royals ‏@britishroyals 3m
According to the Sun, Prince Harry broke his toe & fears docs will ban his South Pole trek with @supportthewalk next month

British Royals ‏@britishroyals 3m
According to the Sun, Prince Harry broke his toe & fears docs will ban his South Pole trek with @supportthewalk next month

If so, I think this will be a major disappointment for Harry. Lets hope that its a injury that can withstand the trek.

Max Foster ‏@MaxFosterCNN 5h
Palace: "Prince Harry does have a broken toe but his trip to the South Pole is not in doubt.”

Robert Jobson ‏@theroyaleditor 6h
Prince Harry is determined to continue on his charity trek to the South Pole despite fracturing his toe.

Last edited:
Martin ‏@MartinRoyalUK 2h
Prince Charles has revealed that in addition to Prince Harry’s broken toe, he also has an ‘injured neck’ - though no mention of the cause!

Whether he can carry on with the broken toe depends on how bad it is. Some slight fractures of toes are left to heal without attention (I had one as a teen, from dancing).
I couldn't use my toe shoes for a while but I wore regular shoes to school. With proper boots and pads he probably can make it.

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 4h
Prince Harry, Patron, will attend the Walking With The Wounded South Pole Allied Challenge departure event at Trafalgar Square., Nov 14.

WWTW ‏@supportthewalk 6m
The bags &kit are piling up as the @VirginMoney #SouthPole2013 Teams start to assemble pic.twitter.com/r7pDlypND7

They'll soon leaving London to go to South Africa for some preparation before the expedition begins. Wish them all the luck in the world!

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 2h
Prince Harry's in Cape Town with the Walking with the Wounded South Pole challenge teams. Bad weather's delayed their flight south 24 hrs.

Robert Jobson ‏@theroyaleditor 2m
Prince Harry & @supportthewalk flight has been delayed due to poor weather conditions in Novo, which are now improving. They fly Friday

Video:
Harry In Antarctica: Prince Begins Polar Trek-
Harry In Antarctica: Prince Begins Polar Trek

So, they're finally on their way? I haven't checked Twitter today due to being sick in bed most of the day thanks to a nasty cold. Awesome news and best of luck to them.

Which they'll need, as Team Commonwealth's going to win this thing!!

;) :D

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

So, they're finally on their way? I haven't checked Twitter today due to being sick in bed most of the day thanks to a nasty cold. Awesome news and best of luck to them.

Which they'll need, as Team Commonwealth's going to win this thing!!

;) :D

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

These are some awesome men and women that are undertaking this. It'll be interesting to watch it all and see which team reaches the pole first. In my book, they're all already winners but I'd love to see Harry's team get there first. :D

Prince Harry has finally arrived in Antarctica ahead of the charity trek involving wounded servicemen and women after the trip was delayed for 48 hours.
The group was forced to stay over in Cape Town this week as a storm in the south pole meant flights had to be cancelled.
This morning, Harry, a cluster of celebrities and 12 injured servicemen were given the all-clear and boarded a plane headed for Russia's Novolazarevskaya Station, which is situated at the edge of the Antarctic continent.
They were met by temperatures of around minus 3C - cooler than they enjoyed in South Africa - but will face icy lows of up to minus 45C and biting 50mph winds on the trek itself.

Prince Harry finally able to set off to Antarctica | Mail Online

Robert Jobson ‏@theroyaleditor 1m
Prince Harry on @supportthewalk admits Prince Charles is "a little bit concerned."

Video:
Prince Harry has joked about breaking his toe in order to get out of a 200 mile trek to the South Pole. Speaking from Antarctica where he is preparing for the ‘Walking with the Wounded’ charity event, the 29 year royal revealed that his recent injury has become the subject of good-natured ridicule amongst some of his team mates – many of whom are soldiers who have sustained serious war injuries. The Prince also said he hoped his military background would help him face the forthcoming challenge-
http://news.itnsource.com/?SearchTerm=PRINCE HARRY IN GOOD SPIRITS AHEAD OF SOUTH POLE TREK

Video:
Prince Harry: William 'Jealous' Of Polar Trek-
http://news.sky.com/story/1173445/prince-harry-william-jealous-of-polar-trek

Last edited:
Harry said: "My brother, yeah, I think he's just quite jealous that I managed to get away from a screaming child."

Harry better watch what he says! If he's a father someday, he may have a worse screamer! (assuming that George is a screamer, which I don't necessarily. People who are around a baby who is crying only briefly tend to believe that baby cries all the time.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom