The Duke of Sussex and The Invictus Games: 2014 and 2016-2018, 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah okay must be a trench coat of some sort?

I wonder how long Harry will be staying after tonight.

This site will get the information eventually about what Meghan wore, Meghan's Mirror:
Meghan attends the Invictus Games Closing Ceremonies

Harry joined Meghan, her Mom and friends in the box:
https://madaboutmeghan.blogspot.com/2017/10/harry-and-meghan-mark-end-of-memorable.html

Harry gave a wonderful closing speech, and he was so caring and genuine as usual in handing out the medallions to team reps at the start of the closing event. Harry is an inspiration.

Yeah - this has been a fantastic week for him... and honestly sorely needed. I had a really awful week, but these games really shone a bright light on a worthy cause and the amazing spirit of the athletes - so inspirational. And seeing Obama and the Bidens with Harry???!?! OMG that made me so happy.

Talk about an amazing week - Harry made the BRF look AH-MAZ-ING this week. What an event and what a wonderful achievement.

What a perfect venue for Meghan to make her debut with Harry too. And now with her family and friends? Wow. And again - her mother is really gorgeous - and so elegant.

Well done with the games - oh and nice touch having former Vice President of the US Joe Biden (Uncle Joe!!) give out the gold medals to the US basketball team.

Only thing that would have made this week even more perfect would have been if Michelle had been there too.

But then I would have simply passed out

I totally agree! I'm sure Harry's father, brother and grandparents are proud and happy for him and how he is blossoming, helping others and bringing positive attention and goodwill toward the royal family.

Last edited by a moderator:
And so ends another very successful Invictus Games. Toronto did Canada proud and each and every athlete and each and every family member and each and every service dog there have memories of a lifetime to take home with them.

The games not only show the strength and the courage and the stamina of the people that participated but it is a message to the world that no matter what the challenge, they can be overcome and risen above and no one has to do it alone.

From popcorn swipers to Mark "Iron Man" Ormrod to the "above and beyond" team from Afghanistan, to the celebratory mood of everyone in the stadium for the closing ceremonies, to the VIPs and musicians that were there, to a very special ginger haired "Mr. Prince" and most of all to each and every one that perhaps were a little bit more inspired and determined to celebrate life, the 2017 Invictus Games can definitely be deemed a huge success.

Now onwards to 2018 Invictus Games in Sydney, Australia!! :auflag:

Australia will be fantastic, so glad Harry is committed to continuing the games!

And so ends another very successful Invictus Games. Toronto did Canada proud and each and every athlete and each and every family member and each and every service dog there have memories of a lifetime to take home with them.

The games not only show the strength and the courage and the stamina of the people that participated but it is a message to the world that no matter what the challenge, they can be overcome and risen above and no one has to do it alone.

From popcorn swipers to Mark "Iron Man" Ormrod to the "above and beyond" team from Afghanistan, to the celebratory mood of everyone in the stadium for the closing ceremonies, to the VIPs and musicians that were there, to a very special ginger haired "Mr. Prince" and most of all to each and every one that perhaps were a little bit more inspired and determined to celebrate life, the 2017 Invictus Games can definitely be deemed a huge success.

Now onwards to 2018 Invictus Games in Sydney, Australia!! :auflag:
Very well said! ?????

OMG! Kelly Clarkson, Bruce “The Boss’ Springsteen, and Bryan Adams tore that place apart. I truly enjoyed that show!!!

I was beyond moved by all the competing wounded warriors and their very supportive families and friends. They all did a fantastic job and they should be really proud by their achievements.

Harry has outdone himself once again. The man has put on one incredible INVICTUS GAMES ever! The whole team, crew and security did a beautiful job.

Must’ve meant the world to Harry to have his girlfriend, Meghan Markle, by his side. Along with her friends and now her her mother.

I thank President Barack Obama, Vice President Joe Biden and Mrs. Jill Biden for coming out to support our USA Invictus Men and Women Warriors and all the other competing warriors.

I feel truly inspired by everyone who took part this year!

On to Sydney, Australia- Invictus Games 2018!!!!

Last edited:
There we have it. Amid all the events and "official" things Harry kept himself busy with during this past week with the games, it has to be so heartwarming to also know that he's been able to spend time not only with Meghan, but also with her mother and made it a point that mom was included in coming to the closing ceremonies tonight. It was a striking point too, I think, that Harry did go and sit with them rather than stay in a VIP area as he did with the opening ceremonies.

Last edited:
There we have it. Amid all the events and "official" things Harry kept himself busy with during this past week with the games, it has to be so heartwarming to also know that he's been able to spend time not only with Meghan, but also with her mother and made it a point that mom was included in coming to the closing ceremonies tonight. It was a striking point too, I think, that Harry did go and sit with them rather than stay in a VIP area as he did with the opening ceremonies.

I agree! I'm super excited about these games - I think this could really become a thing - it's lovely to see how The Obamas and Bidens still support them - and Toronto really showed up so well too. This will be amazing to see in Australia too. That might be worth a trip.

I really hope these games catch on like The Olympics - that would be something.

Oh and Meghan's mom Doria makes me want to go work out. Now.

Oh and Meghan's mom Doria makes me want to go work out. Now.

What's great about yoga is it's never too late, ever. :flowers: Just saw an article about a woman starting up yoga in her 90's (she's now 105). Pretty limber and looking great.

Some great pics of them together...very charming. You can see the regard they have for each other. So happy too.

LaRae

The Invictus Games were an absolute success, and Harry was great. I'm so glad he got to share some of it with Meghan, and I'm so glad her mother joined the closing ceremony. Lovely pictures, Harry and Meghan look so happy.

Watch out Curryong, 2018 is in Oz and we're all coming to your place to watch the games together. :hiding:

This thread is for the Invictus Games. All discussions about Meghan and Harry’s relationship and a potential engagement/marriage have been deleted. Please stay on-topic.

Watch out Curryong, 2018 is in Oz and we're all coming to your place to watch the games together. :hiding:

I'll be going up to Sydney, but if you'd like to come we'll all share a hotel room after I show you the sights! We will have a ball!

Fantastic photos. Glad to see an amazing end to the games :flowers:

Glad to hear Harry say it will continue. Its doing such amazing work. ?

Love seeing not only Meghan and her friends with Harry, but her mother as well. Its great that she could be there with her daughter and Harry.

Great showing by all the countries. Wonderful close, now on to 2018 games.

Glad to see these wounded soldiers honored !!!!! They gave so much of their life

Good grief she even looks gorgeous in grainy/fuzzy pics!

The pics of Harry talking to her mom...you can tell they have already developed a relationship ..they are comfortable with each other. More than a few meetings/discussions have gone on there before.

The pics of Harry and Meghan are quite charming and very much tell the story of how they feel about each other.

LaRae

It is great thing that there is this event for these servicemen and their families. They sacrifice so much and too many men and women come home wounded in mind and or body. I hope the games continue as long as they are needed.

Last edited:

Man - you just can't get a bad shot of Meghan - she looks gorgeous in each and every last one! No awkward face - just gorgeous. Her mom has the same gift. Wow.

I'm gonna see if I can find footage of the actual game they were watching on Friday - they seemed focused a lot on one of the USA basketball players - wondering if he was a standout star or something.

Man - you just can't get a bad shot of Meghan - she looks gorgeous in each and every last one! No awkward face - just gorgeous. Her mom has the same gift. Wow.

I'm gonna see if I can find footage of the actual game they were watching on Friday - they seemed focused a lot on one of the USA basketball players - wondering if he was a standout star or something.

If you ask me, each and every athlete that participated in the games, win or lose, are "stars" in their own right. That's what the games were all about. To be honest, other than some of the athletes that were profiled and their stories told, I don't think much emphasis was put on individuality but it was more on the teams.

As I've said before, Meghan could wear a potato sack and look drop dead gorgeous. I don't think its all physical beauty either. There is just an aura of something very genuine about her. Like HM, The Queen, when she smiles, she smiles with her whole face and her eyes sparkle and she comes across as being very, very real. That's what happens when you're comfortable with your freckles. :D

If you ask me, each and every athlete that participated in the games, win or lose, are "stars" in their own right. That's what the games were all about. To be honest, other than some of the athletes that were profiled and their stories told, I don't think much emphasis was put on individuality but it was more on the teams.

As I've said before, Meghan could wear a potato sack and look drop dead gorgeous. I don't think its all physical beauty either. There is just an aura of something very genuine about her. Like HM, The Queen, when she smiles, she smiles with her whole face and her eyes sparkle and she comes across as being very, very real. That's what happens when you're comfortable with your freckles. :D

Agree about the team emphasis - just looking at the DF photos and there was one USA basketball player that got a lot of pictures - even one with Harry - so I just wondered if the media focus on him was because he was a player that stood out or had a big game.

It turns out a player from Denmark had the most points in the game though - looks like it was the USA team effort that won them the game. And the game was actually really close.

HRH Prince Harry attends the 2017 Invictus Games Closing Ceremony at the Air Canada Centre in Toronto.

PPE Agency

Good grief she even looks gorgeous in grainy/fuzzy pics!

The pics of Harry talking to her mom...you can tell they have already developed a relationship ..they are comfortable with each other. More than a few meetings/discussions have gone on there before.

The pics of Harry and Meghan are quite charming and very much tell the story of how they feel about each other.

LaRae

I thought so too ?

All in all a brilliant and worthy event set up by a kind hearted, compassionate man. You could just tell that the competitors were all excited and a brilliant time was had by all:D:D. I have a wonderful feeling about H&M, they will go the distance... I’m so happy Harry invited Meghan and her mum along and they were there to support him and the games. :flowers:

Before the games I kept hearing that it would end in 2020, I'm so happy Harry is going to keep it going. They have really created a community of not just the soldiers but also the family, the children, that community is so important. What a fantastic job!

The official rollout of Meghan Markle was also seamless from beginning to end.

I love MM's casual Cali style, while her clothes where normal what made it work is that she wears the clothes, they do not wear her, so instead of being on display she seemed comfortable and at ease.

All in all it was a great event and Harry is an inspirational speaker and figure.

So cute, he was waiting at that exact moment in the song to kiss her!! and if any protocol is being broke, then its Harry who did it!!

Before the games I kept hearing that it would end in 2020, I'm so happy Harry is going to keep it going. They have really created a community of not just the soldiers but also the family, the children, that community is so important. What a fantastic job!

The official rollout of Meghan Markle was also seamless from beginning to end.

I love MM's casual Cali style, while her clothes where normal what made it work is that she wears the clothes, they do not wear her, so instead of being on display she seemed comfortable and at ease.

All in all it was a great event and Harry is an inspirational speaker and figure.

So cute, he was waiting at that exact moment in the song to kiss her!! and if any protocol is being broke, then its Harry who did it!!

Yep, You’re right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom