The Duke of Sussex and The Invictus Games: 2014 and 2016-2018, 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous:

That’s what makes me very sad. It is obvious that this is something Harry cares about and wants to see succeed. However, IMO, the H&M brand is fast becoming so toxic that I’m afraid the Invictus Games will have no choice but to distance themselves from them to survive and thrive.

Seems more of a hope than reality.

I think if he's busy with his other work, ie earning a living or Meg's increasingly political discussions with various bodies, Invictus may be something he has to drop. If they become more controversial, equally Invictus may wish for another patron...

Seems more of a hope than reality.

Right. The reality is that Invictus has the support of corporate sponsors and other organizations who don’t care about Harry’s status within the royal family. He’s their patron and he’s done nothing to shame the organization and its athletes.

Right. The reality is that Invictus has the support of corporate sponsors and other organizations who don’t care about Harry’s status within the royal family. He’s their patron and he’s done nothing to shame the organization and its athletes.

Money is tight and you can't hold big meetings anymore. Invictus will have to change.

I don't think there's any arguments that, like all charitable organizations such as the Invictus Games, they're going to have to adapt and conform to the "new" normal we're all facing right now. It, however, does not relate whatsoever to Harry's involvement as patron of the Games. There's no reason to assume that Harry will not be as involved with the Invictus Games as much as he has been since its conception.

I don't think there's any arguments that, like all charitable organizations such as the Invictus Games, they're going to have to adapt and conform to the "new" normal we're all facing right now. It, however, does not relate whatsoever to Harry's involvement as patron of the Games. There's no reason to assume that Harry will not be as involved with the Invictus Games as much as he has been since its conception.

Less visible I would imagine.

Less visible I would imagine.

We'll have to agree to disagree on this. I would think at a time like this, Harry being even *more* visible in his connection to the Games is what would be the greatest advantage.

No, there isn't a law stating that. It has been presented at one of the press conferences as the most likely way going forward but so far it has just been an announcement as part of the reopening plan but not a law. They are still working on the 'temporary law' to replace the 'emergency ordinances' - but the temporary law has a time limit of 6 months and can be extended by 3 months (each time) if needed; so, for now it wouldn't cover any activities next spring/summer.
Thanks for correcting me, I was under the impression that there was a law. Fingers crossed for Eurovision 2021.

We'll have to agree to disagree on this. I would think at a time like this, Harry being even *more* visible in his connection to the Games is what would be the greatest advantage.

How? Virtually yes I am sure. In person. No.

How? Virtually yes I am sure. In person. No.

I think I may have misunderstood you. By less visible you meant that because of the pandemic, all the physical competitions and groupings of the athletes (and Harry) would be less "in person" and more virtual. Musing on Harry's involvement then and now and many thoughts floating through my mind of how people are perceiving Harry to be today, I thought you meant that Harry, himself, needs to be less visible with the Games and less involved and more sidelined to "preserve" the games.

Sorry 'bout that. Gonna try and fix that with a double dose of caffeine in a nice, very strong iced coffee with chocolate and coconut. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom