The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2018, 04:02 AM
Royal Highness

An unbelievable thunder and lightening storm is taking place over Sydney at the moment.

Thank goodness, no wind, and although everything will be soaked for tonight, it could be more destructive than it is.

But what a show.

There was a red dawn this morning and the day was so warm - shouldn't be a suprise.

Total blackout of any view - but gradually turning grey and moving south.

Haven't had a storm like this for a years - and it's usually a summer thing.

Photos of the storm front that crossed Sydney during the last hour -

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...lxc6nEwgptBoJV

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2...0020738341.jpg

Old 10-20-2018, 05:34 AM
Royal Highness

Opening Ceremony delayed while checks are made following the storm.

The Army is wiping down all the wet chairs. The stage is in the shape of a boomerang for ease of access.

Harry and Meghan travelled by car to the Opera House instead of the original plan of taking a boat across from Admiralty House.

Old 10-20-2018, 05:36 AM
Aristocracy

On the ABC they are saying the ceremony has been delayed by 30 minutes
Old 10-20-2018, 05:40 AM
Imperial Majesty

A.W. TOZER
Old 10-20-2018, 06:59 AM
Imperial Majesty

Once again a special thanks to Sun Lion for your tireless coverage.

And an additional thank you to everybody else. No one mentioned, no one left out.
Old 10-20-2018, 08:20 AM
Aristocracy

Thoroughly enjoyed the opening ceremony. Prince Harry's speech was very uplifting.
Old 10-20-2018, 08:28 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeyman View Post
Thoroughly enjoyed the opening ceremony. Prince Harry's speech was very uplifting.

He is amazing very professional I bet he’s glad that’s over.
Old 10-20-2018, 08:35 AM
Majesty

Yes, I think Harry suffers from nerves more often than we suspect. He is heart and soul with these veterans, however, so he did it. It's all been very inspiring and uplifting, in spite of the horrendous storm beforehand.
Old 10-20-2018, 10:16 AM
Serene Highness

Top notch opening ceremony! Each year is more and more polished and professional. I loved the inclusion of Aboriginal culture. I am also glad that they still did a parade of nations of sorts even though
they had to adjust last minute.

I really love that they are also turning the spotlight on the work families do to love and support vets and also broadening the conversation even more to ways we can respect and normalize disability.

As for Harry? Well done. His speech was heartfelt, well delivered and the perfect length. The competitors have so much love for him and he for them. It is a beautiful thing to see.

Meghan was one proud wife!
Old 10-20-2018, 11:45 AM
Nobility

After the storm, there comes a calm. It must’ve been a bit nerve wracking wondering if they would be able to get the opening ceremony started, I’m so glad that everything went well. It was a wonderful opening ceremony! Prince Harry’s speech was heartfelt & inspiring!

It is lovely that Harry has Meghan by his side, you can tell that they are so supportive of each other. I wish the awesome competitors & all those who are supporting them, the very best! I’m really looking forward to watching the games & following the tour.
Old 10-20-2018, 12:02 PM
Courtier

I woke up just in time to catch the ceremony. I loved it. I particularly loved Harry's speech. A huge shout out to DMAN for posting the link where we could watch it on YouTube. My favourite part besides the speech was seeing how amped up these military service members were for the games to start.
Old 10-20-2018, 01:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Amazing opening ceremony. Harry achievement with the IG is just... no words. What a legacy he has created.
Old 10-20-2018, 05:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

At what time starts the morning engagement for Harry & Meghan? They are going to see some of the IG right?
Old 10-20-2018, 07:18 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I've been able to watch most of the opening ceremony for the 2108 Invictus Games and I've come away from that with a realization that has been floating around in my head but hasn't really been that apparent until this year's Games.

This is all about so much more than a global sports competition. In fact, I'm going to relegate the competitions to being part of the base foundation of what the Games are really about. Just as it was Harry's brain child that the games ever came into being, there is so much more to it that has really fueled the growth and the popularity of these Games as the years go by.

Its all about the unconquerable human spirit. Its all about embracing each other and being a family and coming together with a purpose. Its all about facing challenges and finding positives out of negatives. Its all about a whole lot of "Ds" as in dedication, desire, discipline, diligence, determination and devotion. Each and every participant is a winner before any competition even starts. Its a stage for everyone that comes into knowledge of these Games can know and show their appreciation and give thanks to those that have served to protect each and every one of us and our families. It transcends geographic boundaries and unites us as the residents of our Earth. Its a whole lot of hugging, huge smiles and pride and joy and accomplishments big and small.

Most importantly, to me, it shows that from beginning to end, it amplifies not only that I AM but also highlights that together, WE ARE.
Old 10-20-2018, 07:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

They have time for a good sleep in this Sunday morning. Then lunch with the PM and assorted others.

David Beckham due to arrive today.

On the Harbour this afternoon to watch the sailing.
Thats all I can remember them saying.
Old 10-20-2018, 07:34 PM
Commoner

Today's schedule.

Omid Scobie

Verified account

@scobie
23m23 minutes ago

Day 7 and we’re kicking off with the @InvictusSydney Road Cycling event at the Royal Botanic Gardens. The Duke and Duchess will then:
- Attend a lunch at The Pavilion hosted by @ScottMorrisonMP for Invictus competitors/family/friends
- Watch the Sailing event at Farm Cove⛵️
Old 10-20-2018, 07:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

So they will attend the Road Cycling event in the morning right? Since it's sunday, their itinerary looks more soft, and they deserve it, it's been non-stop days packed with activities.
Old 10-20-2018, 08:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrpleCrown View Post
Today's schedule.

Omid Scobie

Verified account

@scobie
23m23 minutes ago

Day 7 and we’re kicking off with the @InvictusSydney Road Cycling event at the Royal Botanic Gardens. The Duke and Duchess will then:
- Attend a lunch at The Pavilion hosted by @ScottMorrisonMP for Invictus competitors/family/friends
- Watch the Sailing event at Farm Cove⛵️

Thats great. Thank you for that. I am only just going off what I hear on the telly.
Old 10-20-2018, 08:15 PM
Heir Apparent

One more.

Mad About Meghan

@MadAboutMeghan
Following Following @MadAboutMeghan
More
In addition to today's scheduled engagements, Australian media outlets report, the Duke and Duchess will attend a private reception for the Invictus Games Foundation at Government House, hosted by the Governor of New South Wales this evening. No word on if we'll see photos.

3:57 PM - 20 Oct 2018
Old 10-20-2018, 08:43 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Once again a special thanks to Sun Lion for your tireless coverage.

And an additional thank you to everybody else. No one mentioned, no one left out.
No problem Muhler. I'm on the lookout for Frederik for you!

Closed Thread