The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #761  
Old 04-07-2018, 12:43 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Woodbridge, United States
Posts: 894
Lets not forget this is on the job training and IMHO Meghan has shown she is ready and eager to work. People she has met mention that she knows who they are beforehand and she clearly does her homework. Like all newbies she will make mistakes, she will handle awkward moments but what is clear about MM is she learns quickly.
__________________

  #762  
Old 04-07-2018, 01:01 PM
Somebody's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Somewhere, Suriname
Posts: 5,092
Also the very experienced royals make mistakes. That's very hard to be (completely) avoided.
__________________

  #763  
Old 04-07-2018, 08:35 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 15,403
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
Also the very experienced royals make mistakes. That's very hard to be (completely) avoided.
I've read in a couple places that the Queen actually gets a kick out of things going wrong sometimes. It detracts from the everyday, boring and repetitious rote of events and brightens things up a little bit. Philip could always be counted on to throw something in the mix to stir things up.
__________________
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~~
  #764  
Old 04-07-2018, 08:52 PM
Missy-'s Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: The Beautiful PNW, United States
Posts: 526
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
What do you mean? I saw no showing of her ring. Is there another video?



Interesting, since I felt a certain tiredness (subdued energy) which may well be the case, given the recent flights to and from LA and then all the wedding preparations. So much pressure, especially on her. Cannot be easy. They need to have a pre-wedding vacation.

But then, it could also be because I am tired today. Ha! I am.
Why yes, actually, there were a number of videos. Here's the one I'm referring to for your elucidation. https://itnproductions.com/news/vide...rials?type=raw

The moment she walks into the gymnasium she has that ring on parade.
  #765  
Old 04-07-2018, 08:58 PM
Lady Nimue's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Pacific Palisades CA, United States
Posts: 4,420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy- View Post
Why yes, actually, there were a number of videos. Here's the one I'm referring to for your elucidation. https://itnproductions.com/news/vide...rials?type=raw
The moment she walks into the gymnasium she has that ring on parade.
That's an interpretation. I wouldn't interpret the way she was holding her arm/hand as Meghan's attempt to show off a very small ring to a gymnasium of people. When you said what you did I assumed she was showing the ring to a cluster of people around her.

Curious: if she was in fact attempting to show off her engagement ring (which I don't think she was but if she was) why would that be a bad thing? Why a negative?
__________________
Russian National Anthem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGoNaLjQrV8
O Magnum Mysterium: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWU7dyey6yo
  #766  
Old 04-07-2018, 09:04 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 15,403
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy- View Post
Why yes, actually, there were a number of videos. Here's the one I'm referring to for your elucidation. https://itnproductions.com/news/vide...rials?type=raw

The moment she walks into the gymnasium she has that ring on parade.
I wouldn't say that it was Meghan flashing the ring but rather the photographer with the interest in the ring. If you watch the engagement video, the camera pans and tries to get close ups of the ring. Why? Because its of interest to the people watching the video. Everyone was curious about the engagement ring. The press gives the public what they want to see. That's a fact.
__________________
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~~
  #767  
Old 04-07-2018, 09:31 PM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 12,110
Oh don't you know she should have her hands shoved in her pockets or crossed and tucked under each other. The very fact that her arm is at all visible, and hand, she is flashing her ring.
  #768  
Old 04-07-2018, 09:41 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 7,467
Yes, when Meghan puts her hand on other people's shoulders momentarily, she is showing off the ring to the world.

Putting her hair back behind her ears? Perfect opportunity to show everyone within a two mile radius that she has a ring a prince placed on her finger.

Not to mention when Meghan shakes hands, after doing so that ring is on display. What a show-off! Perhaps she should wear mittens, even indoors.
  #769  
Old 04-07-2018, 09:41 PM
Missy-'s Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: The Beautiful PNW, United States
Posts: 526
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I wouldn't say that it was Meghan flashing the ring but rather the photographer with the interest in the ring. If you watch the engagement video, the camera pans and tries to get close ups of the ring. Why? Because its of interest to the people watching the video. Everyone was curious about the engagement ring. The press gives the public what they want to see. That's a fact.

One thing we don't do here is throw snide remarks at other posters. We try and be respectful and courteous to each other and have discussions with people that have opposing points of view. I may disagree with what you say but I respect your right to your own opinion.
The camera was focused in her direction showing her entire body, it was not focused on the ring. She had her hand out, dangling it, which I found annoying.
  #770  
Old 04-07-2018, 10:01 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 12,104
Because you find it annoying doesn't mean she's trying to show it off.


LaRae
  #771  
Old 04-07-2018, 10:06 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 7,467
I would imagine that it was entirely a natural stance. Some people stand dangling their hands, others don't. Perhaps Meghan is extremely proud of her engagement ring. She probably is. But, like other women who have become engaged to members of royal families, not every gesture of Meghan's is a deliberate attempt to hog cameras, get attention from others, show off or put the focus on engagement rings.
  #772  
Old 04-07-2018, 10:08 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 15,403
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy- View Post
The camera was focused in her direction showing her entire body, it was not focused on the ring. She had her hand out, dangling it, which I found annoying.
Reminds me of a quote by Abraham Lincoln. "If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will."
__________________
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~~
  #773  
Old 04-07-2018, 10:54 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Somewhere in, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,184
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy- View Post
Why yes, actually, there were a number of videos. Here's the one I'm referring to for your elucidation. https://itnproductions.com/news/vide...rials?type=raw

The moment she walks into the gymnasium she has that ring on parade.
I thought the initial post meant, that she showed her ring to certain group of people. But her simply holding her arm in front of her stomach and moving her hair out of her face was 'her showing off her ring'. Just no. Her hand and arm are part of her body, she can't keep her left hand in her pocket or tucked away at all times. The ring will be on show, because it's permanently on her finger. That doesn't mean she's showing it off. This imho shows, how her every movement can easily be picked apart and turned into a negative thing,
  #774  
Old 04-07-2018, 11:45 PM
XeniaCasaraghi's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Texas, United States
Posts: 3,688
I suspect Kate constantly using her left hand (with that huge ring on it) to touch her hair is her showing off her ring as well. Only royal I haven't seen using hand positions to show off her ring is Camilla.
  #775  
Old 04-07-2018, 11:52 PM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 12,110
Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
I suspect Kate constantly using her left hand (with that huge ring on it) to touch her hair is her showing off her ring as well. Only royal I haven't seen using hand positions to show off her ring is Camilla.
Even Camilla does. Honestly most royal women likely flash their engagement ring, not on purpose. I know if I had a ring on, I likely would, as I often do things like adjusting my hair, with my left hand (even though right handed). If you look at photos of Camilla. Even the queen does. Often when you see her at racing events, she has her hand up next to her chin, and her engagement ring is flashing for all to see (or when she adjusts her glasses).
  #776  
Old 04-07-2018, 11:54 PM
Missy-'s Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: The Beautiful PNW, United States
Posts: 526
Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
I suspect Kate constantly using her left hand (with that huge ring on it) to touch her hair is her showing off her ring as well. Only royal I haven't seen using hand positions to show off her ring is Camilla.
Yes indeed, Kate does it, I find it especially annoying when she does it because it seems so overt sometimes. It's a posing thing, it's artificial JMO
  #777  
Old 04-07-2018, 11:57 PM
Missy-'s Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: The Beautiful PNW, United States
Posts: 526
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Even Camilla does. Honestly most royal women likely flash their engagement ring, not on purpose. I know if I had a ring on, I likely would, as I often do things like adjusting my hair, with my left hand (even though right handed). If you look at photos of Camilla. Even the queen does. Often when you see her at racing events, she has her hand up next to her chin, and her engagement ring is flashing for all to see (or when she adjusts her glasses).
Exactly, they all do. I love when Max does it because I love her ring (and almost all of her bijou). Mathilde does it a lot, it looks really stiff and not graceful when she does it IMO. I think that's the thing, it has to be done with grace and finesse, not smacking you upside the head with it
  #778  
Old 04-08-2018, 12:01 AM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 12,110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy- View Post
Exactly, they all do. I love when Max does it because I love her ring (and almost all of her bijou). Mathilde does it a lot, it looks really stiff and not graceful when she does it IMO. I think that's the thing, it has to be done with grace and finesse, not smacking you upside the head with it
The point is they are not doing it intentionally. They are simply using their left hand and their ring is on their left hand. Its not a deliberate attempt to flash the jewel to cameras.
  #779  
Old 04-08-2018, 12:06 AM
Missy-'s Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: The Beautiful PNW, United States
Posts: 526
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
The point is they are not doing it intentionally. They are simply using their left hand and their ring is on their left hand. Its not a deliberate attempt to flash the jewel to cameras.
But that's where I disagree, especially in the case of Kate, I think she does it on purpose, maybe because she thinks people want to see it. Maybe that's why Meghan (IMO) was doing it, too, so people could see it.
  #780  
Old 04-08-2018, 12:27 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 2,981
I thought she was being careful she didn’t lose it because it’s now too big holding her finger upright
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Popular Tags
abu dhabi althorp american history anastasia anastasia once upon a time ancestry british royals chittagong cht daisy diana princess of wales dragons duke of cambridge dutch dutch royals family life family tree future games haakon vii hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume hill history house of glucksburg imperial household interesting intro israel jack brooksbank jacobite japan jumma kids movie king willem-alexander książ castle list of rulers mailing maxima mountbatten nepal nepalese royal jewels norwegian royal family prince charles of luxembourg princess ariane princess catharina-amalia princess chulabhorn walailak princess elizabeth princess ribha pronunciation queen louise queen maxima royal balls royal jewels royal marriage royal wedding serbian royal family snowdon spain speech spencer family taiwan thailand thai royal family tracts unsubscribe videos wedding gown wittelsbach working royals; full-time royals; part-time royals;


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:05 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020
Jelsoft Enterprises
×