The Duke of Sussex and The Invictus Games: 2014 and 2016-2018, 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A lovely surprise appearance from Meghan. Personally I think the support for Harry’s initiative is genuine and they look very happy together.

Last edited by a moderator:
A lovely surprise appearance from Meghan. Personally I think the support for Harry’s initiative is genuine and they look very happy together.

Indeed. The couple looked wonderful.

Please note that off topic and speculative posts about Archie's nanny have been deleted.

How nice to see them out and about and enjoying themselves. Being American, I can imagine that Meghan is no stranger to the "boys of summer" and baseball games.

Its good to see them both there together and enjoying themselves away from the everyday life as new parents. New mothers do need breaks like this sometimes for their own sanity. :D

I'm a Yankee fan, so when I checked Twitter for something else, I nearly leaped from my car when I saw that Meghan and Harry attended the game. They look absolutely gorgeous - and the little Archie Yankee jersey was the cutest thing. I love these two. What a fun outing for them!

I'm a Yankee fan, so when I checked Twitter for something else, I nearly leaped from my car when I saw that Meghan and Harry attended the game. They look absolutely gorgeous - and the little Archie Yankee jersey was the cutest thing. I love these two. What a fun outing for them!

Indeed. :D This outing was perfect!!!!!

It was great to see the Sussexes show up at this event! Nice to see them together again.

A number of comments have been deleted. Can we please not turn every topic into a discussion about the media, or a discussion about how royal reporters and fans/non-fans feel about Meghan. It's frankly boring and quite unfair to members who come to the thread to discuss the actual topic. This thread is about the Invictus Games (and events promoting it), so let's stick to that. Thanks.

baseball game in London. Who won? Just joking! And Meghan found a relative and Archie received some baseball clothes. Very cute! I'm sure they had a wonderful time. Both teams looked delighted to meet them.

There so many lovely moments from today’s engagement. I’m so happy that Harry & Meghan were both able to attend. The stadium appeared packed for the first Major League Baseball game in London. The behind the scenes footage of the Sussexes interacting with the players & Invictus athletes was extra nice. I’m glad the Invictus athletes threw the ceremonial first pitch, very special for them.

Lovely pictures of everyone. The Invictus athletes and their families seemed to have a good time.

That is so true. How time flies since the birth of Invictus Games and now with Meghan on his side. They were truly well received not just by the players themselves but also the MLB fans at the stadium.

This was a lovely treat seeing Harry and Meghan together at a more intimate public gathering again. It's so obvious how thrilled both teams and MLB staff are to meet and pose with the Sussexes. What I love about Meghan is her genuine heart and her spirited sense of fun.

There are lots of cool photographs of this event. It's pretty awesome for Meghan I'm sure to be met with such enthusiasm by current members of two of the most iconic American baseball teams.

I have to smile at the player, Mookie Betts of the Red Sox, who told Meghan that he is a distant cousin of hers, and she gave him a big hug. Harry quipped, "Is there anyone else here who wants to claim a distant relationship with my wife?" or words to that effect. :lol:

In any case, Harry and Meghan are very distantly but significantly related to each other too!

https://madaboutmeghan.blogspot.com/ Scroll down for details

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-bBVbdpJk...ss+of+sussex+baseball+world+series+london.jpg
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-tM7Plqza...Zm5XKCdiusAiraLmn9PuACLcBGAs/s1600/jjun40.jpg
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-x5xip66U...oCo7li8MXysLigiGqoWVACLcBGAs/s1600/jjun35.jpg
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-AAQ6XSv5...l4h8Np6pKI_pstQVyBZoXnqQCLcBGAs/s1600/rs3.jpg

Last edited:
:previous:

PREACH!!!! They really looked lovely and very happy. This outing is amazing! Lovely to see Meghan again!:D

Court Circular 29th June:
Kensington Palace

The Duke of Sussex, Patron, Invictus Games Foundation, this afternoon attended the Major League Baseball Match between the New York Yankees and Boston Red Sox at the London Stadium, Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, London E20, and was received by Mr John Barber (Deputy Lieutenant of Greater London).

Court Circular 25th July:
Kensington Palace

The Duke of Sussex, Patron, Invictus Games Foundation, this afternoon watched the Invictus United Kingdom Team Trials at the English Institute of Sport Sheffield, Coleridge Road.

The Duke of Sussex, Patron, Invictus Games Foundation, later watched the Team Trials at Ponds Forge International Swimming Centre, Sheaf Street.

Court Circular 6th September:
Buckingham Palace

The Duke of Sussex, Patron, Invictus Games Foundation, this morning held a Board Meeting.

That video brought tears to my eyes. Thanks for posting that DeeT. I do believe that out of all the acorns that Harry has planted in his life, the Invictus Games are growing to be the mighty oak.

Its not about competition or about winning that gold medal but to borrow a phrase from the US Army, its about being all that you can be. Its about looking at oneself and not seeing what is wrong with oneself but facing the challenge and using every ounce of what is right about oneself to overcome challenges and realizing that we never, ever have to give up.

That one statement rings to true. Its not how many times you've fallen but how many times you've gotten up again.

It's wonderful how his visit to the Warrior Games in 2013 impressed him so much that he decided to copy their format for an international stage.

Yes, and Invictus has flourished ever since. It's wonderful to see the IG reach its five year anniversary since the inaugural Games in London. I've read so much over time about the vets of different countries finding a new purpose in life in practising for the IG each time. It even banished suicidal thoughts in some cases. Well done to Harry too for his support and enthusiasm in this fantastic endeavour over the five years and more of its existence.

To be honest, I think witnessing the Warrior Games that Somebody pointed out along with Harry's experience of flying home from Afghanistan and the plane being delayed in order to carry home a Danish soldier that lost his life along with his own experiences in the military proves just how much just day to day events can affect someone.

I do sincerely believe that it was these experiences that made him look twice at what he had and what his royal role was destined to be and *knew* just *knew* he had the ways and the means to use what he may have perceived to be an albatross around his neck to work for him. To make a difference. It was his own thing he wanted to do something about. It fed his passion about his life being meaningful to him.

Unfortunately, there are too many conflicts on this planet that take the lives and hurt and maim in many ways, those defending what we believe in and keeping the rest of us safe and warm and comfortable sleeping at night. Harry has created a means to where we're reminded by the Invictus Games that brings home to all of us that the costs and the struggles and the joy and the "at-one-ment" is part of who we are as humans. Its a positive way to see things rather than the negative. Its about being connected.

Thanks Harry!

Good on him for channeling that inspiration in such a meaningful way. The Invictus Games is fantastic! Such a great legacy for Harry

:previous: Not only for Harry, himself, but for those that have gained from the acorn he planted. Its persevered into growing into a mighty oak and spreads its leaves globally. ?

That is really what having a purpose is all about. Its true that when one loses oneself in service to others, they find themselves. I sincerely believe this to be true.

:previous: Not only for Harry, himself, but for those that have gained from the acorn he planted. Its persevered into growing into a mighty oak and spreads its leaves globally. ?

That is really what having a purpose is all about. Its true that when one loses oneself in service to others, they find themselves. I sincerely believe this to be true.

Yes you are right!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom