The Duke of Sussex and The Invictus Games: 2014 and 2016-2018, 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous:

Its in KP's twitter.. I tried to post it but I guess the mods have to approve it first

That guy swung Harry into a bearhug like he was a sack of feathers so I can imagine what Harry was thinking as he headed to greet Meghan. "OH sheesh! Please don't squeeze the life out of her!" or something like that.

When it comes to that hugger though, I think we can honestly name him a gentle giant that isn't afraid to show his emotions. The guy also didn't get the memo on royal protocol where you don't touch the royal. It was touching though and memorable. :D

Thankyou for the link Lummut queen. He was Airforce veteran Rob Hufford. Meghan got a good laugh out of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes snugglepot and cuddlepie would suit them.
Just saw on the news a USA competitors boat move up to Harrys boat. A really Big guy stepped onto Harry's boat and gave him a big bear hug. Then he spotted Meghan and leaned over to give her a hug. Lovely.

And did you see the video footage of Harry and Meghan walking up the Admiralty House garden from their vessel at the end of yesterday's sailing Tarlita?

They don't just hold hands - they swing them back and forth.

Really swing them back and forth!!!

Must be happy or something. :lol:

No I missed that. They are such a happy couple.

Posts discussing todays’s activities for the tour, have been moved to the tour thread.

The online streaming coverage of the Invictus Games by ABC TV has been excellent! Videos are also taped, if unable to watch the live events of heroic service people participating in these wonderful games.

Prince Harry’s interview has also been posted now.

I think Frederik only flew in to Australia a day or so ago, didn't he?

I really had a bit of trouble reading this article as it was a bit blurry for me and had to quickly find some tissues as the fault was in my eyes and not the text on my screen.

*This* is what the Invictus Games are all about. Paul Guest's experience at the Games and his story echo each and every competitor's in some way and shows the hardships, the challenges and the pitfalls each and every competitor has grappled with in one way or another. It also echoes the connection and the empathy and the support they all have for each other that far surpasses a victory and a medal in their own game.

How does Frederik manage to look so young. He looks much younger than his 50 or so years.
Its great these competitors are receiving royal support from there homeland. Must be a moral boost to them.

John Danks

@johnjdanks
Follow Follow @johnjdanks
More
So @MarkOrmrod offered to swim in the ISA 50m breaststroke final to avoid the race being cancelled @InvictusSydney even though he’d never done that stroke before. He said he had about 3 minutes in the practice pool then jumped in the Olympic pool to ‘rough it out’. He won gold ��

I'm not sure if this is appropriate or not to post but I have some information re volunteers at the games.

I had dinner with one of my volleyball referee friends last night. He was a referee for the sitting volleyball competition at the games, and was the head referee for the bronze medal game.

It was fascinating to listen to how the games work. He told me that they were reimbursed $100 a day for every competition day (in his case it was 2). He was up there from Friday to Wednesday. They had to pay for their own flights, meals, transport and accomodation.

In relation to the actual sitting volleyball comp, my friend is a international referee in able bodied volleyball. He mentioned that it was weird at first to get used to at first, but he thoroughly enjoyed the experience.

How does Frederik manage to look so young. He looks much younger than his 50 or so years.
Its great these competitors are receiving royal support from there homeland. Must be a moral boost to them.
He hasn’t put on any weight and he keeps very fit.

Just watching the bronze medal game in the wheelchair basketball UK vs New Zealand. The UK beat NZ 32-6. Thoroughly enjoyed watching it. Up next is the gold medal match between the USA and Netherlands.

Just watching the bronze medal game in the wheelchair basketball UK vs New Zealand. The UK beat NZ 32-6. Thoroughly enjoyed watching it. Up next is the gold medal match between the USA and Netherlands.

Harry and Meghan are scheduled to watch that/present the medals Axeyman - they've arrived at Olympic Park already.

Did you just see them Axeyman!

They're watching the match - quick flash on the ABC coverage.

(The audience squealed a bit and bought out the camera phones just before the match began - must have been them entering.)

Meghan in a dark red shirt by the look of it, hair up.

Harry and Meghan are scheduled to watch that/present the medals Axeyman - they've arrived at Olympic Park already.

Did you just see them Axeyman!

They're watching the match - quick flash on the ABC coverage.

(The audience squealed a bit and bought out the camera phones just before the match began - must have been them entering.)

Meghan in a dark red shirt by the look of it, hair up.

Sun Lion,

Yes I am watching it on ABC. I caught the brief shot of Megsie in the crowd

Sun Lion,

Yes I am watching it on ABC. I caught the brief shot of Megsie in the crowd

I've just posted a couple of good photos of the couple on the tour thread - more about them than the game, so I'm assuming that is the better place to put it.

Last edited:
Team USA wins gold in the Wheelchair basketball defeating Netherlands 29-17.

Team USA wins gold in the Wheelchair basketball defeating Netherlands 29-17.

And Harry and Meghan doing the medal presentation now.

Wonderful coverage by the ABC.

Last edited:
Just saw the medal presentation, and the cheeky kiss one Netherland competitor gave Meghan.
Love her hair like this.

What time does the closing ceremony start? 7 or 8pm?

Can't get more Australian than the song Down Under

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom