The Duke of Sussex and The Invictus Games: 2014 and 2016-2018, 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
William and Camilla seemed to be having a good giggle together.

Yes it is Crown Princess Frederik of Denmark who stand's there.

Last edited:
Video:
Wounded warriors competing on the opening day of the Invictus Games stopped their track and field heats to remember the fallen and the victims of 9/11. After the pomp and ceremony that launched the Games in London last night, and the athletics events this morning, a solemn Drumhead service was staged. Prince Harry and the Duke of Cambridge sat with hundreds of spectators in the stands of the Lee Valley Athletics Centre stadium as the service was led by the chaplains of the three services-
Home - ITNSource News

Princes William and Harry applauded as brave disabled soldiers competed on the first day of competition at the Invictus Games.
The two brothers sat side-by-side and cheered from the stands at the Lee Valley Athletics Centre in London as they enjoyed the athletics on the first day of the event.
After attending a military service of remembrance at lunchtime, the pair settled in for the afternoon's action - and looked impressed with what they saw.
Hope for heroes: Princes William and Harry applaud as brave disabled soldiers compete at the Invictus Games* | Mail Online

what a moving and well-deserved occasion for all that servicemen and women!

That picture of Camilla and William must make Diana turn in her grave. :)

That made me laugh out loud!

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Was Camilla originally scheduled to attend or was she a replacement for Kate?
The Prince of Wales with the Duchess of Cornwall, the two Princes & the Duchess of Cambridge were all scheduled to attend but due to the morning sickness, the Duchess had to pull out.

Great picture of William and Camilla - I just want to know what caused this!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BxO5whDCMAAwR2w.jpg:large

Another great pic from today - William Charles and Harry. Love the look on Harry's face

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BxQz13hCIAIkwGr.jpg:large
Love the DM article with the Royals laughing and chatting with the athletes! There is someone in this world taller than William! The Duke has one amazing smile!
Second- oh me too- cepe! Love it!
Third- love this one too! Never seen the POW laugh that hard!

Richard Palmer @RoyalReporter · 1m
Pippa and James Middleton and Peter and Autumn Phillips are here at the Copper Box to watch Harry, Zara and Mike play wheelchair rugby.

She's better known for her riding skills while her cousin is famous for his penchant for polo and parties - rugby players they are not.
But that wasn't enough to stop Zara Phillips and Prince Harry from signing up for a wheelchair rugby match being held this evening in support of the Invictus Games.
And as these amusing photos reveal, both seemed to be taking it seriously as they were put through their paces by team coaches, Sir Clive Woodward and Jonny Wilkinson.
Harry and Zara to battle it out in wheelchair rugby... which is also known as MURDERBALL | Mail Online

Richard Palmer @RoyalReporter · 1m
Pippa and James Middleton and Peter and Autumn Phillips are here at the Copper Box to watch Harry, Zara and Mike play wheelchair rugby.

Picture

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/09/12/article-2753772-215072A900000578-71_634x399.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

I know this competition is all about the injured servicemen and women, but may I just say how delighted I am for Harry that the Invictus Games have seen such widespread support and success. I especially enjoy the attendance/participation of his family which further shows their mutual admiration & respect. Well done to Harry and the countless other organizers!

Invictus Games 2014Verified account ‏@InvictusLondon

Pippa Middleton, joined by Peter & Autumn Phillips, and her brother James, supporting the #InvictusGames #IAM pic.twitter.com/wS9mmcl98h

Great pic of the group smiling for the camera!!

IT was only an exhibition match but cousins Prince Harry and Zara Phillips gave no quarter in a game of wheelchair rugby tonight that became a battle royal.

With England rugby World Cup winner Jason Robinson on their team, they faced off against equally star-studded opposition featuring Zara’s husband Mike Tindall and Olympic gold medallists Dame Kelly Holmes and Denise Lewis.

Zara, 33, and Mike, 35, proved all is fair is love and war as they plotted to out-do each other on the court at the Copper Box arena in London’s Olympic Park in front of 7,000 screaming fans at the Invictus Games.
Prince Harry and Zara Phillips play wheelchair rugby at Invictus Games | Royal | News | Daily Express

Last edited by a moderator:
I watched some of the opening ceremony and the end of the wheelchair rugby. I knew that Harry and Zara were participating, but I didn't realise that Mike was as well (at first I thought he was just watching), it is nice to see Harry getting lots of support from his family. I love how Frederik attended the Games as well - the photos of him talking to Harry were some of my favourites from that day. I always enjoy seeing photos of the European Royals together.

Harry tries his hand at 'murderball' - Telegraph

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom