The Duke of Sussex and The Invictus Games: 2014 and 2016-2018, 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think the Closing Ceremony was featured in the CC again. That online site is completely hopeless.

Before the games I kept hearing that it would end in 2020, I'm so happy Harry is going to keep it going. They have really created a community of not just the soldiers but also the family, the children, that community is so important. What a fantastic job!

I hope it keeps going too. I wonder why they would even consider ending it. It seems to me something that will just keep getting bigger and bigger.

I hope it keeps going too. I wonder why they would even consider ending it. It seems to me something that will just keep getting bigger and bigger.
My understanding is that Harry initially thought it would have a "shelf life" because the main conflicts that resulted in so many injured veterans was winding down. If that happens, then there would be a lack of competitors.

"The Prince has previously hinted that the Games had a "shelf life", with plans for five years of games laid out before it was believed he and competitors would quietly move on." 'Sky's the limit' for Invictus Games, says Prince Harry, claiming he feels 'social responsibility' to help more veterans

My understanding is that Harry initially thought it would have a "shelf life" because the main conflicts that resulted in so many injured veterans was winding down. If that happens, then there would be a lack of competitors.

"The Prince has previously hinted that the Games had a "shelf life", with plans for five years of games laid out before it was believed he and competitors would quietly move on." 'Sky's the limit' for Invictus Games, says Prince Harry, claiming he feels 'social responsibility' to help more veterans

I guess this would be kind of a blessing - that fewer soldiers were being wounded in conflicts since there are fewer conflicts.

Agreed. I think this has turned into a much bigger thing than Harry anticipated. Based on his comments last week, it now seems to be a fluid situation.

That makes sense.

Agreed. I think this has turned into a much bigger thing than Harry anticipated. Based on his comments last week, it now seems to be a fluid situation.

It may be that they've run into some internal issues that indicate a different sort of organizational setup would be needed to keep things going indefinitely. But that could be figured out.

The games themselves seem to be of great value to the wounded warriors who participate. Even if military engagements diminish in number, the folks competing now have years left in which they could find it quite important to have this annual goal to work towards, not to mention the companionship that comes from gathering with so many others in a similar situation to their own.

Court Circular 12th December:
Prince Henry of Wales, Patron, Invictus Games Foundation, this morning attended a Trustees' Meeting at the Honourable Artillery Company, City Road, London EC1.

Court Circular 19th February:
Prince Henry of Wales, Patron, Invictus Games Foundation, this morning attended a Trustees’ Meeting at the Honourable Artillery Company, City Road, London EC1.

Prince Harry as Patron of the Invictus Games Foundation and Meghan Markle attended the UK Team Trials for the Invictus Games Sydney 2018 at the University of Bath Sports Training Village today, April 6:

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery **

:previous: Am I the only one who saw the guy kiss Meghan on the cheek in the 1st video? :ohmy: Seems like people are getting a little too comfortable.

:previous: Am I the only one who saw the guy kiss Meghan on the cheek in the 1st video? :ohmy: Seems like people are getting a little too comfortable.

I saw it too, but I didn't know if that's normal or not. I think I've seen videos of Diana and Kate at Polo in the past where the players shake hands with them and then kiss on the cheek. So I thought that's normal.

Harry knows many of the competitors and hopefuls in the IG by name. He may know Harry and Meghan.

Thanks for those videos Dman. It's obvious that Meghan as well as Harry has an effortless easy manner when chatting to people, like Harry, and lovely to see.

Last edited:
Meghan confirms she will be attending the games in Sidney. Not that we didn't already figure as much but nice that it is official.

The IG is such a good cause I hope the games continue for many more years to come:)

Last edited:
Via Omid's tweet:

Meghan confirmed she'll be at @InvictusSydney, telling Michael Mellon (who competed in sitting volleyball and wheelchair basketball last year): "She told me she had never been to Australia but was going to this year’s event and really looking forward to being there with Harry."

I don’t know. I thought her choice of shoes were weird. A nice pair of tennis shoes would be nice and her hair in a ponytail but other than that. I agree with you.

The woman walking them around is how I would of thought.

Last edited:
Meghan never needed to "improve". Of all the royal brides to marry into the BRF in the past 50 years, I think Meghan is the most well adjusted to the role before the wedding to come along. She gets right into the thick of doing things.

Meghan compliments Harry and Harry compliments Meghan. You don't see Prince Harry and his fiancee nor do you see Meghan Markle with Harry somewhere in the background. You see HarryandMeghan as a team.

Its not about a ring or the clothes but about what they do together and from what I've seen, what matters to one, matters to the other and they're a united front that is going to be formidable wherever they go.

So, when it comes to the Invictus Games, they'll be there taking in the entire e event and I'm looking forward to that. I loved the Toronto games. :D

BTW: there is a separate thread for discussing Meghan's fashions and looks. ;)

Last edited:
I fail to see how Meghan clings to Harry for dear life. From what I've seen for everyone one of their engagements, they are quite openly tactile with each other, but I don't see anyone overly needy to clingy here.

I hate to disagree, but I feel we all have room to improve, always. I think if you asked Meghan she would be the first to admit it.

I don't question at all their bond ATM, and yes that is a great thing for a 'team' and hopefully they will be energetic and do many good things for the betterment of the UK.

I fail to see how Meghan clings to Harry for dear life. From what I've seen for everyone one of their engagements, they are quite openly tactile with each other, but I don't see anyone overly needy to clingy here.

Well then, we have a difference of opinion, don't we? :flowers:

Meghan never needed to "improve". Of all the royal brides to marry into the BRF in the past 50 years, I think Meghan is the most well adjusted to the role before the wedding to come along. She gets right into the thick of doing things.

Meghan compliments Harry and Harry compliments Meghan. You don't see Prince Harry and his fiancee nor do you see Meghan Markle with Harry somewhere in the background. You see HarryandMeghan as a team.

Its not about a ring or the clothes but about what they do together and from what I've seen, what matters to one, matters to the other and they're a united front that is going to be formidable wherever they go.

So, when it comes to the Invictus Games, they'll be there taking in the entire e event and I'm looking forward to that. I loved the Toronto games. :D

BTW: there is a separate thread for discussing Meghan's fashions and looks. ;)

Brilliant, well said:flowers:

I think engagements like today show Meghan does have a lot to learn. Being an actress doesn’t equal being comfortable as a royal.

It was a good idea to get Meghan out and about before marriage to get her some experience. It’s still early days.

I think saying, that 'Meghan clings onto Harry' is unfair, when both of them are equally tactile. I don't get why some get so upset at handholding or touching each other's arm or back.

I think Meghan has been doing wonderfully from the start, and seems to get even more confident each engagement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom