The Duke of Sussex and The Invictus Games: 2014 and 2016-2018, 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was really nice to see Meghan at the Invitcus Games yesterday. She looked great! I hope she can attend some of the other Invitcus events too.

It was good to see Meghan there. This event is extremely important to Prince Harry so it was nice to see her there looking proud of her boo��

Last edited by a moderator:
Harry gets to pat a new friend, and some more inspirational stories of Invictus athletes. It's clear just how highly regarded Harry is by these competitors, many of whom he knows by name (and that's not just the British team.) He receives heaps of praise for his cheeriness, helpful attitude and empathy.

Prince Harry Hangs with Invictus Athletes and Dog

It was good to see Meghan there. This event is extremely important to Prince Harry so it was nice to see her there looking proud of her boo��

Yep. I'm glad she attended. And I loved her look, especially the jacket and shoes.

Was very busy today, but I will be watching tomorrow.

HRH Prince Harry's Invictus Games opening speech in Toronto.

Piers strikes again. He weighs in on Meghan at IG

On Good Morning Britain he said “it's common sense. It's ridiculous. When have you ever been to a sporting event when you're 50m from the person you're having sex with?”

“They've done it apparently to avoid attention, all they've done is get ten times more attention”

Piers Morgan shocks with crude joke over Prince Harry | Daily Mail Online

Last edited:
Piers strikes again. He weighs in on Meghan at IG

On Good Morning Britain he said “it's common sense. It's ridiculous. When have you ever been to a sporting event when you're 50m from the person you're having sex with?”

“They've done it apparently to avoid attention, all they've done is get ten times more attention”

Piers Morgan shocks with crude joke over Prince Harry | Daily Mail Online

I don’t usually agree with Morgan on a lot of stuff, but his comment make sense. It’s just that protocol got in the way. The oddness of royal life!

I don’t usually agree with Morgan on a lot of stuff, but his comment make sense. It’s just that protocol got in the way. The oddness of royal life!

Oh yeah ! Completely agree - Piers is right here! .
I mean Meghan is Harry's girlfriend for more than a year and she can't even sit next to him !!

Oh yeah ! Completely agree - Piers is right here! .
I mean Meghan is Harry's girlfriend for more than a year and she can't even sit next to him !!
But who should have been moved to make way for her? Not Flotus, nor GG and Mrs. Johnston.

The only guy who was at all questionable was the guy sitting behind the GG. Not sure who he was and don't think he spoke.

It’s also down to how the couple play things too though. Meghan could’ve sat nearer to Harry too. She could’ve sat behind him. They just didn’t want the media to get the major money shot yet.

I know people grow tired of my comparisons to past royal couples when dating. Sophie Rhys-Jones sat right next to Prince Edward during the decommissioning ceremony for The Royal Yacht Britannia. That was a major royal event where royal protocol came into play. The royals can bend royal protocol when they feel like it. The younger royals like to play it differently.

But who should have been moved to make way for her? Not Flotus, nor GG and Mrs. Johnston.

The only guy who was at all questionable was the guy sitting behind the GG. Not sure who he was and don't think he spoke.

I believe the guy behind the GG was the Mayor of Toronto. Can't kick him out either

While the opening ceremony isn't an "official" event as in state visit events, it's still treated as semi-official based on the people that's there. He was sitting with elected officials and their spouses. It's inappropriate to have him have his gf right next to him while they aren't engaged.

And Meghan's seat was pretty strategic for security purposes too. She sat in the closest area other than right next to the gate under Harry's seat. That'd be even more odd. She needed to sit near an exit where security can get her out ASAP if needed.

Last edited:
People were seated according to their importance to the games. It had nothing whatsoever to do with Meghan's relationship to Harry. Because a doctor is dating and having sex with a cafeteria worker, she'd never be besides him in the operating room.

It may have been different if Harry and Meghan were married and they *both* worked extensively supporting and promoting the games. As Meghan was there as a guest of Harry, she was seated accordingly.

Again, it’s all down to the preferences of the royal couple too.

Wow, what an amazing major public appearance from Harry and Meghan. I’m glad they are comfortable on making this big appearances now. They looked lovely and in love, of course.

Again, it’s all down to the preferences of the royal couple too.

Wow, what an amazing major public appearance from Harry and Meghan. I’m glad they are comfortable on making this big appearances now. They looked lovely and in love, of course.

Yes they look very relaxed and happy.

LaRae

Piers is disgusting. So happy for Meghan and Harry. Hopefully this can shut down the talk that they are not a "real" couple, etc.

Piers is disgusting. So happy for Meghan and Harry. Hopefully this can shut down the talk that they are not a "real" couple, etc.

Nah, those in denial will still say the same thing. :lol:

And there we have it folks. Together, holding hands and looking very, very happy to be with each other at the games. I think this is what everyone was looking forward to seeing at the games and they're not disappointing.

It must feel so very good for Harry to be able to get around Toronto to the different competitions and have someone that he cares the most about to share it with. :D

Video of them chatting with audience and then leaving.

Very sweet how he runs his hand down her back and then touches her purse to let her know time to go.

LaRae

And there we have it folks. Together, holding hands and looking very, very happy to be with each other at the games. I think this is what everyone was looking forward to seeing at the games and they're not disappointing.

It must feel so very good for Harry to be able to get around Toronto to the different competitions and have someone that he cares the most about to share it with. :D

Now wonder how many more times we'll see them there, or elsewhere, this week..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom