The Duke of Sussex and The Invictus Games: 2014 and 2016-2018, 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Ostensibly, the interviews are supposed to be about the games but it receives only a footnote.

He's asked about his love life, he's asked about George and Charlotte and he's asked about his mother and towards the end the games are mentioned.

Even the First Lady said, "If you haven't already fallen in love with him you have to see him with his nephew."

Rebecca English said a couple of days ago on Twitter, the reason British press didn't go to Florida, it was announced Harry wouldn't be giving the tabloids interviews and she said the cost was too much just to cover Invictus.

It's too bad the focus for so many is on Harry and his personal life, and not on the veterans competing in the games.

I don't understand why the sports or news reporters didn't go to cover the athletes competing. The Paralympics got way more coverage in the UK than they get in the US. There are well known UK Paralympians. Why not cover the people competing in the Games? They all have a interesting story how they got there. It didn't have to be the Royal reporters going.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Ostensibly, the interviews are supposed to be about the games but it receives only a footnote.

He's asked about his love life, he's asked about George and Charlotte and he's asked about his mother and towards the end the games are mentioned.

Even the First Lady said, "If you haven't already fallen in love with him you have to see him with his nephew."

Rebecca English said a couple of days ago on Twitter, the reason British press didn't go to Florida, it was announced Harry wouldn't be giving the tabloids interviews and she said the cost was too much just to cover Invictus.

It's too bad the focus for so many is on Harry and his personal life, and not on the veterans competing in the games.

Really!!! we must be watching very different things. But as always I'm not surprised

Harry was on GMB this morning talking about his mother, he was on Good Morning America today and we heard about George in his bath robe and Harry being an uncle.

He talked to the BBC about dating and his right to privacy. His interview with Hello is mostly about his personal life. His Times interview was the best but again we got to read about Prince George.

Sure Invictus gets mentioned but it seems like the media won't interview him just for Invictus, he needs to talk about his personal life as well

Powerlifting is now on at the games on the ESPN app!

From Good Morning America - George asked his parents 'Why is Harry being so quiet'

Last edited:
Can't resist, can you, Rudolph?

Anyway, the athletes have said they've felt inspired by being able to compete in the international arena, and that's the whole point of these Games!

Harry was on GMB this morning talking about his mother, he was on Good Morning America today and we heard about George in his bath robe and Harry being an uncle.

He talked to the BBC about dating and his right to privacy. His interview with Hello is mostly about his personal life. His Times interview was the best but again we got to read about Prince George.

Sure Invictus gets mentioned but it seems like the media won't interview him just for Invictus, he needs to talk about his personal life as well

In Harry's defense, its the interviewers bringing up George not Harry. And a lot of the questions, he deflects and doesn't speak about George directly. In the GMA interview, he looks visibly uncomfortable when MO and Robin were talking about George.

If KP said beforehand that Harry was going to only talk about Invitcus, are the press going to say pass on interviewing him?

Harry has done a huge amount to publicise these Games right from the beginning and has tried as hard as he can to bring the athletes who are competing into focus. They've praised him for being there for them, and that's all that matters.

In Harry's defense, its the interviewers bringing up George not Harry. And a lot of the questions, he deflects and doesn't speak about George directly. In the GMA interview, he looks visibly uncomfortable when MO and Robin were talking about George.

You are absolutely correct. It is a shame that Harry is spending time with these shows as they only want the "gossip" type interviews with laughing and flirting garbage along with light hearted questions. I personally believe Harry should have been interviewed on ESPN, Fox Sports, etc. Those are the interviewers that are interested in the sport and trials that these wonderful young men are going through. Regular morning TV "News" shows have really become a joke.

Fox Sports probably not going to want to promote an event on ESPN.

You are absolutely correct. It is a shame that Harry is spending time with these shows as they only want the "gossip" type interviews with laughing and flirting garbage along with light hearted questions. I personally believe Harry should have been interviewed on ESPN, Fox Sports, etc. Those are the interviewers that are interested in the sport and trials that these wonderful young men are going through. Regular morning TV "News" shows have really become a joke.

That's universal I fear. And when they once in every decade or two do ask an intelligent question it get so many reruns you'd forgiven for believing a Pulitzer Prize is coming up.

Not knowing anything about Fox Sports, why wouldn't Fox of all networks not want to put focus on veterans?

Sadly I've come to expect this line of questioning when it comes to young royals. I agree that a sports network would do a better job on focusing upon the athletes, the games and those involved in the coordinating the events.

Giving interviews to People, Hello, The Today Show and Good Morning America isn't going to get you serious coverage.

Maybe an evening news program will contact Harry and go more in depth.

Harry's already got a tremendous amount of attention for the Games and the athletes. He's trending on social media, gained praise from Twitter, blogs, comments on online newspapers and posters on Forums for his efforts. He gave an interview to the Sunday Times. Is that serious enough?

Other royals, one notices, have been featured on People and Hello etc, haven't they Rudolph?
And at least they've had more to write about with these Games which Harry has so successfully promoted, than his hair and clothes!

Serious enough isn't really an issue here. In today's time, it is about getting out to as many as possible. The magazines like People, and shows like GMA have a HUGE fan base. They are read and watched in numerous countries. The fact that Harry is trending on Instagram and twitter, and is all over the news, is a clear sign that he is doing something right.

Fox/fox sports have promoted the game. No interviews directly but they have shown their support.

Invictus Games for injured veterans kick off in Orlando | On Air Videos | Fox News

Injured veterans compete in Invictus Games at Disney World | Fox News

http://www.foxsports.com/buzzer/story/invictus-games-army-captain-will-reynolds-united-states-050516

Last edited:
Lovely opening, the flags and the soldiers fantastic
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/05/09/02/33F8679A00000578-3580216-image-a-82_1462757609409.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/05/09/02/33F8556C00000578-3580216-image-a-87_1462758192082.jpg

tweet from the First Lady
https://twitter.com/FLOTUS/status/729466480014790656/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

handing out some of the medals
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CiBprSBUUAA2pSO.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CiBprWAUgAEcUMl.jpg

love this photo with the boy
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CiBuIuwWEAEzgHz.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CiBuI12W0AAZjAt.jpg

of course they are going to ask about him and family but the majority has been placing the focus on the veterans and wounded soldiers. on the Invictus Games

Certainly you have a point. We forget Harry has editorial control over the articles and chooses the titles. Not to mention he presents interviewers with a list of questions to ensure his mother and George can be included. I mean the clips would take time to arrange of his mother, so he must give them at least a day or two. :whistling:

Let's get back to discussing the Invictus Games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom