The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2015, 07:07 PM
Majesty

I can understand why Harry said that it would be fantastic (if unlikely) for Japan to win the World Cup, (one more nation to add to the Rugby playing countries.) However, I hope he supports some Commonwealth countries too.

I do often wonder whether Harry has some bolt hole, friends, favourite pub down in Devon. He's been seen down there more than once in his private time too.

Old 10-08-2015, 01:39 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

A few articles about Harry's visit to the Paignton Rugby Club, which won the RFU's Gold Standard Award. The children Harry saw playing rugby are all involved in the RFU All Schools Program, of which Harry is patron through the RFU.

Prince Harry celebrates grassroots at Paignton Rugby Club - BelfastTelegraph.co.uk
VIDEO: Cheers as Prince Harry arrives at Paignton Rugby Club | Torquay Herald Express
Prince Harry puts England Rugby World Cup woes behind him as he focuses on grassroots game | Royal | News | Daily Express

Old 10-08-2015, 01:58 PM
Majesty

Rugby kids surprise Harry with special gift after dreadful England-exit | Royalista
Old 10-08-2015, 08:33 PM
Majesty

That gift was very sweet and I'm sure he'll wear them when he next has one of those informal games of rugby. Again he is seen around kids who really react well to him and he to them.
Old 10-13-2015, 07:35 PM
Majesty

Prince Harry and his Grannie enjoying meeting the rugby stars at BP. Harry still has the beard!

The Queen and Prince Harry welcome rugby stars to Buckingham Palace - hellomagazine.com
Old 04-21-2016, 08:26 PM
Majesty

CC Kensington Palace
21st April, 2016
Prince Henry of Wales, Patron, Rugby Football Union Injured Players Foundation, this morning visited Hobbs Rehabilitation Centre, Bridgets Lane, Martyr Worthy, Hampshire.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 04-26-2016, 07:32 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
CC Kensington Palace
21st April, 2016
Prince Henry of Wales, Patron, Rugby Football Union Injured Players Foundation, this morning visited Hobbs Rehabilitation Centre, Bridgets Lane, Martyr Worthy, Hampshire.
two pictures from this event
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cg_AEVlWwAAwrtF.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cg--s-GW0AAQVne.jpg
Old 06-22-2016, 09:42 AM
Majesty

Harry receives a proposal from a young fan but refuses because the age gap is to big! Speaks about his bad back.

Prince Harry Receives Marriage Proposal from Young Fan : People.com
Old 06-22-2016, 10:22 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Harry receives a proposal from a young fan but refuses because the age gap is to big! Speaks about his bad back.

Prince Harry Receives Marriage Proposal from Young Fan : People.com
That was a good way to dodge a proposal from a child: She'd have to do a lot of reading.
Old 12-20-2016, 07:04 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Prince Henry takes over from HM as patron of the ERFU;

https://twitter.com/englandrugby/sta...69419955204096
Old 12-20-2016, 09:22 AM
Majesty

Harry's passionate about Rugby and the England Rugby team so this new patronage is a good fit for him. He attends many matches, and I don't think his grandmother is a great fan of the game really.
Old 12-20-2016, 12:10 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
If I'm not mistaken, William is taking over the Queen's WRU patronage and with Harry taking on ERFU, it'll be grounds for some good natured sibling rivalry. Instead of detracting from the patronages, I think it will be good for them.

To be honest, I'm not sure even how rugby works and if these two organizations have anything in common. Just an uneducated thought on the matter.
Old 12-20-2016, 12:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Each was already the Vice Patrons for their Rugby sides. Anne is the patron for Scotland. They all play each other annually in the Six Nations tournament.
Old 12-20-2016, 12:29 PM
Imperial Majesty

Thanks much Skippyboo. I can now check off my "learn something new everyday box" on my imaginary to do list.
Old 12-20-2016, 07:18 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
Each was already the Vice Patrons for their Rugby sides. Anne is the patron for Scotland. They all play each other annually in the Six Nations tournament.
And not that they care, but I really like that they have all taken a bit of the Kingdom for Rugby! We all think the BRF are competitive and this makes healthy competition more meaningful to rugby in the UK Or it would in the US in a similar sport (there are none, but you get my meaning). Now I am questioning the relevance of this post! Really, we had a well supported Rugby team when I was at University. Of course, it had more to do with the beer and the bar the team hung out at, but...
I am going to stop commenting now on UK rugby now, because I AM NOT WORTHY. But I am happy the BRF supports UK teams so widely.
Old 12-21-2016, 09:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

What I love about Harry's involvement in Rugby is that he went and did the Coaching Certification Program. So when he does these Workshops w/the Kids, he really knows what to do and isn't just another VIP on the sidelines. Harry truly earned my respect doing that and this really is the perfect new Patronage for him. :)

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 12-21-2016, 09:30 PM
Imperial Majesty

It is also a trait I admire in Harry. He's done this with other aspects of things he supports like actually joining the treks with Walking with the Wounded and actively working with conservation organizations hands on before being named as an ambassador to United for Wildlife.

Its heartwarming to see people that will not only talk the talk but join in and walk the walk too.
Old 12-21-2016, 09:44 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post

What is the difference between being the vice patron and the patron in terms of what they do? Or is it more of a symbolic change?
Old 12-21-2016, 10:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 View Post
What I love about Harry's involvement in Rugby is that he went and did the Coaching Certification Program. So when he does these Workshops w/the Kids, he really knows what to do and isn't just another VIP on the sidelines. Harry truly earned my respect doing that and this really is the perfect new Patronage for him. :)

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
I hadn't known that he's taken the course. Good for him! (Of course this now means that he might have an over eager parent yelling at him from the sidelines.)

Closed Thread