The Duke and Duchess of Sussex's Charities and Patronages

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JessRulz

Former Administrator
City
Melbourne
Country
Australia
Welcome to The Duke and Duchess of Sussex's
Charities and Patronages

Commencing April 1, 2020

A list of the couple's patronages can be found here.
Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs

· Only pictures that you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles, so no more than 20% of an article
text should be posted, along with the link to the original article.
· We expect our members to treat each other, and the royals and persons in these threads, with respect.
· The Report Post button is for reporting inappropriate content in a post if no moderators or administrators are online.
· Threads should remain on topic. Posts which are irrelevant or disruptive
will be deleted or moved by one of the moderators.

Last edited:
The Duke of Sussex's Patronages
-African Parks, President
-Dolen Cymru, Patron
-Henry van Straubenzee Memorial Fund, Joint Patron
-Invictus Games Foundation, Patron
-The London Marathon Charitable Trust, Patron
-MapAction, Royal Patron
-Rhino Conservation Botswana, Patron
-The Rugby Football League, Patron
-Rugby Football Union, Patron
-Rugby Football Union All Schools Programme, Patron
-Rugby Football Union Injured Players Foundation, Patron
-Sentebale, Founder Patron
-Silverstone Heritage Experience/Motorsport World, Patron
-WellChild, Patron

The Duke of Sussex's Specially Held Roles
-Commonwealth Youth Ambassador
-The Queen's Commonwealth Trust, President
-Walking With The Wounded, Expeditions Patron

The Duchess of Sussex's Patronages
-Association of Commonwealth Universities, Patron
-Mayhew, Patron
-The National Theatre, Royal Patron
-The Queen's Commonwealth Trust, Vice President
-Smart Works, Royal Patron

Last edited:
Yes, well done to Harry. This is good news. Military personnel and their welfare have always been close to his heart, and hopefully HeadFit will really be a help.

While this coaching session took place in late March, hopefully the young woman was able to still interview for a position and was hired. ?

Last edited by a moderator:
So which Royal Foundation are they no longer with? Does mean no Henry involvement in the future?

The Royal Foundation that was kept by the duke and duchess of Cambridge and that the duke and duchess of Sussex decided to leave.

So, them announcing "After 8 successful, impactful years as a Royal Foundation programme, we now seek additional support establishing the charity in its own right" most likely means that Harry will be able to remain involved as they break with William and Catherine's Foundation.

It feels a bit as if programmes have to decide who they want to support (and vice versa: whom they want to be supported by): William or Harry.

Last edited:
They are setting up on their own. They wont need the support. Maybe that is the aim of the royal foundation to enable charities to grow.

The Royal Foundation that was kept by the duke and duchess of Cambridge and that the duke and duchess of Sussex decided to leave.

Thank you. This is what got me confused as Henry hasn’t been a part of the foundation for some time, linking this charity to both the Cambridge Foundation and Henry made little sense.

They are setting up on their own. They wont need the support. Maybe that is the aim of the royal foundation to enable charities to grow.

But the charity have literally said in their tweet, they need additional support in setting up on their own.

Thank you. This is what got me confused as Henry hasn’t been a part of the foundation for some time, linking this charity to both the Cambridge Foundation and Henry made little sense.

But the charity have literally said in their tweet, they need additional support in setting up on their own.

Yeah. All charities need continued financial aid.

"Marking what would have been the Opening Ceremony for the @InvictusGamesNL, our Patron The Duke of Sussex shares his best wishes to supporters and competitors, and outlines plans this week to bring The Hague home to you"

"Marking what would have been the Opening Ceremony for the @InvictusGamesNL, our Patron The Duke of Sussex shares his best wishes to supporters and competitors, and outlines plans this week to bring The Hague home to you"

That's such a cool idea! The team working with Invictus Games is really, really good and this is another example of that. I can't wait to see all the content they're going to provide.

Though, tbh, it's a shame they didn't post it yesterday, it would be a good opportunity to also talk about VE Day a bit more, but I'm still happy to see him!

Last edited by a moderator:
THough in Los Angeles Meghan has continued to help her animal charity Mayhew, it's been revealed. Due to the Covid 19 the charity may be forced to close it's doors within months (few donations lately.)

https://www.express.co.uk/news/roya...-megxit-prince-harry-royal-family-news-latest

They made it clear the day they left they planned to continue with their charities.

Unfortunately Mayhew is facing the same problem a lot of smaller charities will during this crisis. People are out of work and struggling to make ends meet. That means less money to donate to charity no matter how good a cause. Animal charities also rely heavily on volunteers to help with the animals. And right now they aren't able to have those volunteers work.

That's sad. Who could be against an animal charity?

Its not a matter of being against animal charity. Its a matter of lack of extra income right now to donate to charity.

:previous: Absolutely true Countessmeout.

The Commonwealth Trust, (Queen the Patron, Harry and Meghan President and Vice President) has issued a statement about the George Floyd death and subsequent riots.
'Silence is not an option...'

Queen, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's royal trust speaks out over US protests | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

The Commonwealth Trust, (Queen the Patron, Harry and Meghan President and Vice President) has issued a statement about the George Floyd death and subsequent riots.

'Silence is not an option...'

Queen, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's royal trust speaks out over US protests | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

As there are no links in your comment, here’s the tweets.

“Young people are vital voices in the fight against injustice and racism around the world. As a global community of young leaders we stand together in pursuit of fairness and a better way forward.

Silence is not an option.

We all have the power to effect positive change.

It is time to speak up and speak out. Time to have uncomfortable conversations with ourselves and with others. Time to educate ourselves and unlearn.

Time to come together and build a better future as one.”

Who controls their twitter account? Is this really comment by The Queen & the duke & duchess? I presume not.

Last edited:
Why did the Queen allow the Sussex to keep their position in the Queens CommonWealth Trust? isn't that part of the royal work that the queen assumed they would do and thats the reason why she gave it to them. Since they are no longer working royals she should have made them step down from it.

Who controls their twitter account? Is this really comment by The Queen & the duke & duchess? I presume not.

I would be shocked the statement had anything to do with the Royals. The situation is extremely politically charged and I’m sure the BRF wants to keep out of it

I'd guess the employees of The Queen's Commonwealth Trust are posting on this account. There is no indication either the Queen or the Sussexes had anything to do with the tweets, it was something added by the poster. On Twitter looks like that:
We all have the power to effect positive change. It is time to speak up and speak out. Time to have uncomfortable conversations with ourselves and with others. Time to educate ourselves and unlearn. Time to come together and build a better future as one. #TeamQCT
And link:
Young people are vital voices in the fight against injustice and racism around the world. As a global community of young leaders we stand together in pursuit of fairness and a better way forward. Silence is not an option. #BlackLivesMatter
And link:
Why did the Queen allow the Sussex to keep their position in the Queens CommonWealth Trust? isn't that part of the royal work that the queen assumed they would do and thats the reason why she gave it to them. Since they are no longer working royals she should have made them step down from it.
Tbh, it doesn't make sense to me either, but I'm guessing the Queen had her reasons, whatever they might be.

I'd guess the employees of The Queen's Commonwealth Trust are posting on this account. There is no indication either the Queen or the Sussexes had anything to do with the tweets, it was something added by the poster. On Twitter looks like that:
We all have the power to effect positive change. It is time to speak up and speak out. Time to have uncomfortable conversations with ourselves and with others. Time to educate ourselves and unlearn. Time to come together and build a better future as one. #TeamQCT
And link:
Young people are vital voices in the fight against injustice and racism around the world. As a global community of young leaders we stand together in pursuit of fairness and a better way forward. Silence is not an option. #BlackLivesMatter
And link:

Tbh, it doesn't make sense to me either, but I'm guessing the Queen had her reasons, whatever they might be.

i cant think of any good reason why she would let them stay on. i guess we can put this in the category of the queen making decisions based on emotion instead of her brain. not a good look.

i cant think of any good reason why she would let them stay on. i guess we can put this in the category of the queen making decisions based on emotion instead of her brain. not a good look.

You can put it in that category, but I doubt that many others would.

Harry has now merged two organisations linked with his longterm interest in veterans mental and physical health, the Endeavour Fund and Invictus Games Foundation, away from the Royal Foundation which was originally begun by him and his brother. Hoping to hear more about this in the future.

https://people.com/royals/prince-harry-endeavour-fund-invictus-games-foundation/

Sentebale charity funds rose by £4 million pounds in 2019.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ys-charity-funds-rose-4m-year-wed-Meghan.html

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom