The Duke and Duchess of Sussex's Charities and Patronages

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
"We're so excited to share that we have received a donation of £8000 from The Royal Foundation on behalf of The Duchess of Sussex, Meghan Markle! We are immensely grateful for this donation which will go towards supporting the Migrateful mission "

I like that initiative, don't complain that people from other countries don't integrate, but create options to make it possible
more on Migrateful (for those interested and not wanting to click on a twitter link)
https://www.migrateful.org

It would be good to see more of the Sussexes work and charities in the media from now on, to balance out the negativity surrounding them at the moment (imo)

It seems that the money comes from sales of Together the Hub community project book which the Royal Foundation is now distributing. That was a great project, practical, enjoyable, stainable and about the women themselves providing the means to raise money for their own projects which means more than donations.

Travalyst seems to have some laudable goals but no idea how to practically implement any of them except except agreeing change is important and telling people that.

This fits well with other projects Meghan has involved herself in, ie migrant women and cookery etc. I hope she keeps linking with this very worthwhile endeavour.

I am not so sure about this.
I much preferred the Archiwell name. Would Meghan really be smart to use the name "Markle" in a foundation name given her terrible relationship with her father and the heinous criminal activities of her brother?!

Are they sure it’s the Markle Windsor foundation and not the Mountbatten Windsor foundation?

Are they sure it’s the Markle Windsor foundation and not the Mountbatten Windsor foundation?

Yes, that makes much more sense - but why the X in the MWX Foundation; my best guess is 'SusseX'. Interestingly, the article also mentions that Harry remains as the director and that Meghan (and 5 other directors; edit: see this link for their names and this one for their filing history) stepped down per July 1 - when they liquidated their charity...

I thought all funds had been passed on to Travelyst? So, I'm a bit confused as to the status of this new foundation. And how this would relate to Archewell - or did they give up on that idea?

It also states that they previously (last August) registered 'MWX Trading Ltd' using it to apply for trademarks (including Travelyst) - so they've used 'MWX' before.

Last edited:
It would be good to see more of the Sussexes work and charities in the media from now on, to balance out the negativity surrounding them at the moment (imo)

It depends on the charity. The more political they go the less likable they become.

It depends on the charity. The more political they go the less likable they become.

Its also likely to add to their being controversial which may trun charities off them. Charities need donations so they are likely to accept Meghan's "interest" wihtout worrying too much if it is sincere, but I think the general public will become more and more skeptical about them and how genuine they are in their commitments to charity work.

We asked members not to bring the Netflix discussion over to other threads.

Maybe he should walk with them,not just send a message? word are cheap,action counts.

Maybe he should walk with them,not just send a message? word are cheap,action counts.

Right now, with the pandemic still around, Harry traveling either to the UK or to Oman to be with Walking with the Wounded project is pretty much a no go. He *could* fly to the UK but "US travelers may travel to the United Kingdom, but you have to do mandatory, 14-day quarantine." From what I see, Oman is not open to US international travel at this time.

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/us-international-travel-covid-19/index.html

Thank you, I got it. [...]

Last edited by a moderator:
And didn't he walk with WwtW, in Antartica several years ago?

And didn't he walk with WwtW, in Antartica several years ago?

He sure did. I think the most enjoyable part about following that trek was hearing about the "ice castle" loo Harry created during that walk. He also previously had walked part way with WwtW to the North Pole in 2011 just prior to William's wedding. :D

Harry has walked part or all of the way in several of the Walking with the Wounded charity endeavours. He had a ball, you could see, in Antarctica. There was a video made of it at the time. A vet shared his tent and said that Harry snored but not too loudly! I bet he would love to participate in the Oman Walk but it's just not possible.

There is a global pandemic that is restricting unnecessary travel

Honestly in the present climate I dont see why anyone is doing charity walks. They are not necessary to get donations.. or at least shoudl not be....

These treks that the veterans who participate in through Walking with the Wounded are not staged events to draw in donations although that is a happy outcome most of the time. These treks are putting what the organization does into practice.

These walks are the meat and potatoes of a lot of training done by wounded veterans which, in and of itself, serve these wounded veterans with a purpose and a goal. These treks are not the normal walk a few miles to raise funds but are the culmination of extensive training to build up strength, endurance and mostly a "I Can" attitude and to reach the finish line of one of these walks is something most people will never achieve.

It'd be quite hard to find a lot of healthy, able bodied people that could take on and do what these veterans do. Its not for the weak minded.

These treks that the veterans who participate in through Walking with the Wounded are not staged events to draw in donations although that is a happy outcome most of the time. These treks are putting what the organization does into practice.

These walks are the meat and potatoes of a lot of training done by wounded veterans which, in and of itself, serve these wounded veterans with a purpose and a goal. These treks are not the normal walk a few miles to raise funds but are the culmination of extensive training to build up strength, endurance and mostly a "I Can" attitude and to reach the finish line of one of these walks is something most people will never achieve.

It'd be quite hard to find a lot of healthy, able bodied people that could take on and do what these veterans do. Its not for the weak minded.
Just at teh moment its hardly necessary is it?

Yes. I believe its necessary that that veterans that have trained so long and so hard to participate in this venture. There are only 6 people participating in a walk that will cross 400 km in 21 days. Its not a hoard of people coming together but rather just a few that will be isolated pretty much in the Omani desert. Its not just a "charity walk" to raise funds but has quite a partnership behind it that includes the Omani Armed Forces.

"In November 2020, a team of 5 ex-military personnel and 1 currently serving will attempt to walk across Oman at an approximate total distance of 400kms, over the course of 21 days. The expedition will run in partnership with the Omani Armed Forces, with generous support of the Royal Office of HM Sultan Haitham bin Tariq’. Furthermore, The Duke of Sussex will support the challenge as the official Expedition Patron. "

https://www.walkingwiththewounded.org.uk/Home/About/197

I see absolutely no reason for this endeavor not to happen. Do you really? And may I ask why? ?

Yes. I believe its necessary that that veterans that have trained so long and so hard to participate in this venture. There are only 6 people participating in a walk that will cross 400 km in 21 days. Its not a hoard of people coming together but rather just a few that will be isolated pretty much in the Omani desert. Its not just a "charity walk" to raise funds but has quite a partnership behind it that includes the Omani Armed Forces.

"In November 2020, a team of 5 ex-military personnel and 1 currently serving will attempt to walk across Oman at an approximate total distance of 400kms, over the course of 21 days. The expedition will run in partnership with the Omani Armed Forces, with generous support of the Royal Office of HM Sultan Haitham bin Tariq’. Furthermore, The Duke of Sussex will support the challenge as the official Expedition Patron. "

https://www.walkingwiththewounded.org.uk/Home/About/197

I see absolutely no reason for this endeavor not to happen. Do you really? And may I ask why? ?

Why? Because the world is a a state of crisis due to Covid. Attempts to get people back t o work, seem to result in a fresh outbreak of cases.. yet it is very bad for the economy for people having to work at home or not work at all. This isn't necessary.. If people want to do it I suppose they will but IMO its not necesary....

Why? Because the world is a a state of crisis due to Covid. Attempts to get people back t o work, seem to result in a fresh outbreak of cases.. yet it is very bad for the economy for people having to work at home or not work at all. This isn't necessary.. If people want to do it I suppose they will but IMO its not necesary....

To me, this endeavor is one that fits in with complying with ways and means to prevent the spread of Covid-19. Whether they do the walk or not will have no effect on the everyday man and the economy and seems to me to be grasping at straws for reasons *not* to have this event happen.

Six people isolating in the Omani is pretty much the epitome of "social distancing". In the UK, six people are allowed the last I checked. Of course this walk isn't "necessary" at all. Nor is any of the different endeavors that have been happening across the globe. What would be worse is to hear that *everything* shut down and people locked themselves behind closed doors and moaned and groaned and complained about the state of affairs . I believe we *need* to see things that continue on as if our "normal" world still existed. It gives us hope.

There have been all sorts of successful endeavours for charities completed in the last six to eight months, including walks around his garden to raise money by a very elderly man who was knighted by the Queen for his efforts. Have all charitable efforts to cease because there happens to be a pandemic? These men are making a huge effort to raise money for their cause, just as he did.

Meghan speaks on a video call to women whose lives her charity Smart Works helped to change. It is also the anniversary of her capsule clothing she commissioned.

https://www.harpersbazaar.com/celeb...an-markle-smart-works-anniversary-video-call/

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom