The Duke and Duchess of Sussex's Charities and Patronages

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You can put it in that category, but I doubt that many others would.

I think it is possible that the queen hopes/hoped that Meg and harry would return in a year, so she didn't want to completely cut them off from Royal work.. which I think IS probably her feelings as a grandmother getting the better fo her common sense. I don't think they'll be back...

The Queen's Commonwealth Trust is just named as such and has nothing to do with the Commonwealth. I think that is the reason H&M kept their roles because it does not include any representation on behalf of the Queen in any capacity

The Queen's Commonwealth Trust is just named as such and has nothing to do with the Commonwealth. I think that is the reason H&M kept their roles because it does not include any representation on behalf of the Queen in any capacity

yes but I think she has kept a line open and does hope they will come back....

You do know that’s entirely wrong don’t you?

“The Queen’s Commonwealth Trust is a growing network of young changemakers across the Commonwealth..... We use our network, platform and resources, built and shaped together with young people, to demonstrate the leadership, energy and optimism of young people across the Commonwealth and their enormous potential to create a better future for everyone.”

It has EVERYTHING to do with the commonwealth.

The Queen is Patron of The Queens Commonwealth Trust.

The Queen and The Duke and Duchess of Sussex literally had an engagement together to meet Young Leaders of Commonwealth nations.

yes but I think she has kept a line open and does hope they will come back....

i have to disagree - the queen is not stupid and knows there is no easy way back in for them. the public will not forget. if they decided to come back as if nothing had happened, i can see the public outrage that will follow.

that, and i don't think meghan has any intention of coming back. and because of that, harry has no intention of coming back either. but i think even if they don't want to be part of the BRF, they will struggle to find a way to do work - both professional work to earn the money they so desired and charities work - in their current position.

i have to disagree - the queen is not stupid and knows there is no easy way back in for them. the public will not forget. if they decided to come back as if nothing had happened, i can see the public outrage that will follow.

that, and i don't think meghan has any intention of coming back. and because of that, harry has no intention of coming back either. but i think even if they don't want to be part of the BRF, they will struggle to find a way to do work - both professional work to earn the money they so desired and charities work - in their current position.

I think the queen and Chalres may still hope. They have a shortage of royal workers due to the end of Andrew's working life and the 2 Sussexes leaving at the same time. I agree that Meg has no desire to come back, but if they can't make money in the US, she may consider it. I agree that they are not likely to be welcomed by the public...

It just doesn't make any sense. They don't even live in the Commonwealth anymore. Where is the logic of the Windsors.

Logically looking at this, three people have gone from working for the family "Firm" representing HM, The Queen. Andrew has effectively been retired from performing any kind of public duties and most (if not all) of his private patronages have dumped him.

Should the Sussexes return like the prodigal son to the fold of the family "Firm" (which I do believe is very unlikely at all), there will always be the niggling thought in the back of people's minds that if they've walked away before, they very well could walk away again should they experience displeasure in how things are.

There is a statement that says "You can't go home again. You can't truly go back to a place you once lived because so much will have changed since you left that it is not the same place anymore." and I think this applies to this situation.

It just doesn't make any sense. They don't even live in the Commonwealth anymore. Where is the logic of the Windsors.

What does it matter exactly?

It was very clear that Henry and Meghan would keep their patronages, and location isn't an issue right now considering none of the royal family can take part in in person events.

Considering they've both built up a relationship with QCT, it wouldn't make sense to take it away and hand it to another royal that has had nothing to do with the organisation.

What doesn't make sense? They can return to the UK... the recent arrangement was that the set up of them leaving would be reiviewed in a year.

Logically looking at this, three people have gone from working for the family "Firm" representing HM, The Queen. Andrew has effectively been retired from performing any kind of public duties and most (if not all) of his private patronages have dumped him.

Should the Sussexes return like the prodigal son to the fold of the family "Firm" (which I do believe is very unlikely at all), there will always be the niggling thought in the back of people's minds that if they've walked away before, they very well could walk away again should they experience displeasure in how things are.

There is a statement that says "You can't go home again. You can't truly go back to a place you once lived because so much will have changed since you left that it is not the same place anymore." and I think this applies to this situation.
yes of course the public who aren't that enamoured of them, will probably (those who think about them) not be too happy with the idea of them returning, in case they prove ready to leave again. but the queen and Charles will probably hold onto the hope that if they return they will be ready to settle down and (if required for royal duty) be reliable. Im sure on a personal level, Charles wants his son back. and his grandson... and Meghan.. and on a business level. as we've pointed out the RF has lost 3 of its workers, when things get back to some kind of normal that is quite a few people to lose..and the Q and Charles may well feel that they would like to have them back to return to their work. Even if they don't return to work, the RF would problaby wish they were back in the UK...

Last edited by a moderator:
I hold out hope they will return one day...but quite frankly I think it's unlikely that they ever do. I don't even think it a real possibility until Charles is King. Enough time will have passed for things to settle in and more importantly perhaps there would be real changes in how the Monarchy operates that would facilitate their return.

LaRae

Last edited:

Maybe Harry and Meghan wanted to keep the association with their charities on a personal level more suited to their current position now they're no longer working members of the royal family? Both of them have always been very charitable.

Last edited:
Maybe Harry and Meghan wanted to keep the association with their charities on a personal level more suited to their current position now they're no longer members of the royal family? Both of them have always been very charitable.

They are still members of the BRF. They are simply no longer working Royals.

LaRae

I am really concerned for Mayhew during these tough times. It's a cause I really believe in and support 100%. I hope they can hang in there and pull through!:ermm:

Its been something to see here with animal shelters during this pandemic. Quite a few of them have had it happen that *all* of their kennels were empty. With people staying at home, there's been a lot of adoptions and pets going to their forever homes. We've actually been looking to adopt a dog and it has proven to be more difficult than we thought it'd be.

Mayhew has to be be my favorite organization that Meghan has taken on. Anyone that loves and cares about animals is a good person to me. ?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...0-month-Archies-London-dog-rescue-centre.html

Meghan sponsors a kennel at the Mayhew animal charity in Archie's name. Hopefully that will spur others on to follow suit.

Even in financial times like this 10 pounds a month is a reasonable amount for many. Its a smart number from the charity. Some charities say '50 a month' but any donations are great. And some people feel embarrassed they cant donate that much and might hold off donating. Giving a smaller amount makes people less self-conscious about a smaller donation. Can still donate more.

Hopefully some more dog kennels will be sponsored after Meghan.

Hope its OK if I jump in here with a bit of a plug. I've found a good way to support animal shelters staying at home and shopping online. The Animal Rescue Site is part of a grouping of online stores called The Greater Good. All items at the Animal Rescue Site bought serves to feed and support shelter animals. There are several different groupings within The Greater Good to support different organizations such as breast cancer awareness etc.

Just thought I'd throw this into the mix.

https://store.theanimalrescuesite.g...696896gw6416610081767424lw5160898426372096li0

Still no news on new social media accounts for the two of them? I'd assume it would be posted somewhere here if there was. I'm hoping not to have to start reading the Mail Online again to get news about them.

Perhaps there is just no new news to be had? ;)

Probably not. And here people were saying they moved to LA for attention - and they're laying low.

With the way things are "out there" I think everybody is laying low and staying home and preferring to remain safe. I'm one of them. So actually, no news from the Sussexes is good news. ?

Personally, the time is not right to launch a global foundation, as has happened on many platforms they’d be criticised to high heaven for not reading the mood. If they were going to launch this year, Archies birthday would have been the opportunity to do so.

Nobody can know what plans they had in place, prior to coronavirus but I imagine, as it would have been for all royals, that they would be out and about supporting their U.K. charities how they could and creating new connections in the USA.

However, we simply have no idea what’s going on so it’s hard to comment.

With the way things are "out there" I think everybody is laying low and staying home and preferring to remain safe. I'm one of them. So actually, no news from the Sussexes is good news. ?

That would be a smart thing to do. They, or any other Royals for that matter, have nothing to add to current events. It’s best to keep a low profile.

Last edited:
It was well written. And he makes great points about the work that has been done and needing continued in Africa. And can be made else where too :flowers:

The balance between economics and preservation. Of working with the local economy to help sustain it and grow, while also preserving nature. By having the local communities invested into the work, it sustains the momentum.

And the photos are stunning as well ?

Excellent news. Harry brought a tremendous amount of publicity to this cause when he participated in their expeditions in the past. I hope he will join in some of this charity's endeavours in the future.

"We're so excited to share that we have received a donation of £8000 from The Royal Foundation on behalf of The Duchess of Sussex, Meghan Markle! We are immensely grateful for this donation which will go towards supporting the Migrateful mission "

Back
Top Bottom